Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can we ditch Yma o hyd as a try tune

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Cofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 11:47pm
I hate the loud music that's constantly played andconsequently avoid going to my seat until the last minute. The La Rochelle game showed, albeit with an above average crowd, the emotional power of the crowd singing only to be silenced by loud, slightly dated rock music blasting over the PA. Yma o hyd every time for me please!
Sponsored Links

mark in sydney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark in sydney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 5:46am
lucky you guys don't have t sit tough a Super rugby game in Sydney or other Aus teams.... constant loud music at every stoppage in the game over the pa  until all the members complained a few years back as its getting so bad it was like watching basketball.... really pissed me off ...but then again if there was no music played out the pa at some game there would be no crowd sound ….. don't let PyS go this way 
I was there ...one Tuesday when the All Blacks came (and lost)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 6:19am
yma o hyd reminds me of stradey I hope they keep playing it,could always stick your fingers in your ears every time we score,
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 6:25am
😂😂😂 Tommo has actually put on Facebook that ‘after 12 years he’s still getting blamed for the music & he’s never had anything to do with it”
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 6:33am
Do a few games at the Os. That will refresh your appetite for Yma o Hyd...
tim d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 7:12am
In fairness yma o hyd. Only gets played a lot when we play the ospreys and our European games. My grandchildren come to every home game and they enjoy the music as I'm sure the kids in the family stand do . It's about getting the balance right.
I'm sick of it
Trix View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 8:48am
Thanks Tommo (no h) for letting me know that SF is still alive and kicking!

I haven't been to y Parc for a few years... (Shame on me) but I love to hear yma o hyd.. it means try. It means Scarlets 🤩
The future is bright, the future is Scarlet!

www.cambriansafaris.co.uk <--- Please Click :)
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 8:59am
I just wish that I could understand a word that the announcer is saying. Acoustics are dreadful.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 9:19am
My apologies to Tommo if he has nothing to do with the "Music" played before the kick-off.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

My apologies to Tommo if he has nothing to do with the "Music" played before the kick-off.

You had a personal mention on his Facebook post Big smileLOLLOLLOLLOL
Pentigili View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentigili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 9:44am
I think Yma o Hyd should stay the words say it all especially after the attempt by many to get rid of us when the game turned professional. And I now quote Tommo " Would someone please tell Ffidel Bennett I have no say in the music which is played and my name is Tommo not Thommo!!"
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 9:53am
We need to keep YMA O HYD! its our song why go away from it? tell munster to stop singing fields of athan ri (sorry spelling poor) or ulster and their stand up for the Ulsterman!  no we need to keep to what we are
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 9:58am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

We need to keep YMA O HYD! its our song why go away from it? tell munster to stop singing fields of athan ri (sorry spelling poor) or ulster and their stand up for the Ulsterman!  no we need to keep to what we are

Well it's good in a way to see many are happy with how it is used. Of course it is our song etc! but my concern is that over-using it as try music will have a negative impact. I'm not sure Munster fans would still sing the Fields if it was also used following every try they score but ........ In fact they sing it much less now anyway due to them singing it so much no doubt.
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 10:17am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

That is how I feel about Yma O Hyd, it reminds us all that the Scarlets are still here after "standing alone" and keeping our identity! Please keep playing both Yma O Hyd and Sosban Fach as they are our history and tradition!! Thumbs UpHeart
"YMA O HYD"
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 10:36am
Yma o Hyd is fine, but the music in general needs to be cut. Its too much and the crowd get drowned out to the point of giving up.

Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2018 at 11:01am
At least we're not blasting out the dance tune "So Horny, Horny, Horny, Horny" like Glasgow were doing last weekend when they scored tries against Zebra LOLLOLLOLLOLShockedShockedShockedShocked
Scarlets!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic