Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HC cup other games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HC cup other games
    Posted: 13 October 2018 at 2:50pm
Bath Toulouse has been eventful.

20-22 to Toulouse 75 mins and Bath player Burns messes up grounding the ball for a try. Just after missing an easy kick in front. He was busy celebrating and simply dropped it with a bit of a hand from a Toulouse player who never gave up! It's well worth a watch.

His teammates will not be pleased if they lose this one.

Also bath had a yellow for a tip tackle. Wasn't malicious and no injury but thought that was meant to be straight red?
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2018 at 2:52pm
Terrible from Burns really.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2018 at 3:01pm
Medard did a great job to never give up and knock it out - guy had a great game and I've always liked him plus some of the moves by their winger. wow. But what was Burns thinking? He'd kissed the badge and everything! The man looks desolate.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2018 at 3:15pm
It’s possible he felt the need to let the relief out of his veins having missed a simple kick a minute or two earlier, who knows.

Reminds of that little Benetton scrum half show boating and pointing to Scott as he thought he was about to touch down. He lost his team the game that day too.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2018 at 3:21pm
I’m sure Blackadder sees the funny side..
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2018 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

I’m sure Blackadder sees the funny side..

Was a Baldrick moment for sure.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2018 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

It’s possible he felt the need to let the relief out of his veins having missed a simple kick a minute or two earlier, who knows.

Reminds of that little Benetton scrum half show boating and pointing to Scott as he thought he was about to touch down. He lost his team the game that day too.

I thought of that, too.

I have no especial love for Bath, but turned the air blue when I saw Burns and his act of stupidity - where's the sense of throwing kisses to the crowd, when you let a guy come up from behind and knock the ball away? He was already in deficit from a kick under the posts which I'd have fancied getting in my slippers.

His team mates must be absolutely devastated. What a ****

“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2018 at 9:23am
Total bollocks from Burns. 
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2018 at 9:26am
Watched him at Glaws during his spell. Can be superb. Can be dreadful   Far prefer his brother
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2018 at 11:06am
Burns has always been a bit flaky but he was something else in those final 10 minutes. The Toulouse right wing a small South African was magic and so reminded me of Shane in his prime. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2018 at 11:11am
Guscott: "I don't feel sorry for him. Somewhere in my soul there is a minuscule bit of empathy for him. The kick in front of the posts was easy enough for a man of his talents, and getting the ball knocked out of the hand is unforgivable."
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2018 at 11:18am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Guscott: "I don't feel sorry for him. Somewhere in my soul there is a minuscule bit of empathy for him. The kick in front of the posts was easy enough for a man of his talents, and getting the ball knocked out of the hand is unforgivable."

Fair comment really.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Fair comment really.

Yes, and does contrast with the outpouring of sympathy from all the other pundits as if we are all personal Bath and Burns fans or something and we all need to support Burns through this tough time. It was a bloody awful error that should never have happened and cost his side the win. Guscott at least IS a Bath fan and echos how many of them are no doubt feeling. Not the first player to ever mess up and it's not as though it was the final. He's clearly very upset about his error as well.

One of those moments in the sport I'll remember for a while. Wasn't there a French wing who was cockily trying to ground the ball with one hand in a 6N game and ended up bouncing it off his knee? I doubt the pundits were quite as soft on him!

It's all good entertainment. 
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2018 at 1:25pm
Why oh why do we allow an Italian to control a championship match. He has no idea
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2018 at 3:11pm
Guscott is a horrible guy. He's very much disliked in Bath
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2018 at 3:33pm
It’s like those showboating dives you see when scoring a try and which go wrong now and then..Just score please I say ! He won’t let that happen again. Harsh lesson learned!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic