Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Squad for AI's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 10:35am
Originally posted by BigRed1 BigRed1 wrote:

I suppose the Wales squad players will not be available for tomorrows match against Leicester, or will the be?
There'd be anarchy if they pulled them for a Champions Cup match!
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Sponsored Links

Prop in the loose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prop in the loose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 11:01am
Can’t believe Priestland keeps getting overlooked. He’s developed so much in recent years. None of Wales’ other 10s can control a game like he can.
BigRed1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigRed1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 11:19am
ClapClap
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

I suppose the Wales squad players will not be available for tomorrows match against Leicester, or will the be?
ClapClap
BigRed
BigRed1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigRed1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 11:24am

ClapClap
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

ClapClap
Pivac should be announcing the team today. So not long to wait. :-D
Patchell is not being considered. I personally feel that Rhys needs to be rested not only by Scarlets but by Wales as well.
I'd like to see him replaced by Jarrod Evans, not that I think he is better than Rhys but because Rhys should be rested in the players interest.
BigRed
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Prop in the loose Prop in the loose wrote:

Can’t believe Priestland keeps getting overlooked. He’s developed so much in recent years. None of Wales’ other 10s can control a game like he can.

Priestland had an interesting game for Bath last week - a lot of excellent touches and darts to keep the defence honest, some superb long range touch finders, and a couple of errors... I'd be happy to see him in the Wales squad, but most probably young Jarrod Evans, who is playing very well, will be called up to replace Patch.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
BigRed1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigRed1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 4:06pm
Team for match against Leicester tomorrow:

Leicester: J Holmes; J May, M Tuilagi, K Eastmond, J Olowofela; G Ford, B Youngs; G Bateman, T Youngs (capt), D Cole, H Wells, W Spencer, M Williams, G Thompson, S Kalamafoni

Replacements: T Polota-Nau, F Gigena, J Heyes, G Kitchener, T Reffell, S Harrison, M Toomua, A Thompstone

Scarlets: L Halfpenny; I Nicholas, J Davies, H Parkes, S Evans; D Jones, G Davies; W Jones, K Owens, S Lee, T Price, D Bulbring, B Thomson, J Macleod, W Boyde

Replacements:R Elias, P Price, W Kruger, J Helps, U Cassiem, S Hidalgo-Clyne, S Hughes, P Asquith

Referee: Romain Poite

Assistants: Vincent Blasco Baque, Stephane Boyer

TMO: Clare Daniels

BigRed
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2018 at 12:10pm
Wales have officially called up Jarrod Evans to the squad for the autumn internationals.

The Cardiff Blues pivot was training with the squad but is now officially part of it, meaning he won’t travel to South Africa to join up with his region.

A statement from the WRU also indicated that Rhys Patchell ‘continues to make progress with his rehabilitation following his concussion.’

ETA: Bradley Davies has been released from the squad due to an unspecified knee injury.

Edited by Fscarlet - 23 October 2018 at 12:13pm
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2018 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Wales have officially called up Jarrod Evans to the squad for the autumn internationals.

The Cardiff Blues pivot was training with the squad but is now officially part of it, meaning he won’t travel to South Africa to join up with his region.

A statement from the WRU also indicated that Rhys Patchell ‘continues to make progress with his rehabilitation following his concussion.’

ETA: Bradley Davies has been released from the squad due to an unspecified knee injury.

He we go... "We've lost a lock, so we'll call up an outside half!" Confused

It's more about covering Patch's concussion, I know, and there are still 4 locks in the squad, but this seems to happen every time.
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2018 at 1:47pm
I'd rather Patchell rest up and not get knocked about this AI
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2018 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

I share your concerns however if Patchell doesn't feature this Autumn it may mean him having a longer term lay-off so I'm torn. I can't see Gatland taking any risks with Rhys particularly after his recent comments. 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2018 at 2:47pm

Seb Davies his training with Wales but he will be released for Cheetahs v Blues game,as he as just recovered from injury..
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2018 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

I share your concerns however if Patchell doesn't feature this Autumn it may mean him having a longer term lay-off so I'm torn. I can't see Gatland taking any risks with Rhys particularly after his recent comments. 

I agree GPR.... the longer he is out for the more I worry.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2018 at 3:25pm
in hindsight it would just be best both ways for rhys to have a month off anyway. insure everything calms down. but I am sure he will want to play as soon as possible for his country. tough decisions and like you said GPR its worrying if he is out for the autumn if the concussion hasn't cleared.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2018 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

He we go... "We've lost a lock, so we'll call up an outside half!" Confused

It's more about covering Patch's concussion, I know, and there are still 4 locks in the squad, but this seems to happen every time.

I know what you mean, but as far as I know the Wales squad could be bigger (or is there some agreement limiting numbers with the regions?) - and if that is the case, the regions would rightly complain if even more players were being called up. I think England's squad is larger - is that right?
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
BigRed1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigRed1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2018 at 11:52pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/45953815
BigRed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic