Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tigers v Scarlets match thread...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2018 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by saundersfootscarlets saundersfootscarlets wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I think our best chance is that Racing and Leicester take a 4 point win off each other ( with no lbp for either), but we need a minimum of 9ts v Ulster at the same time, a very tall order..
If that did happen after 4 rounds it would look like this...

Racing 13pts
Scarlets 10pts
Leicester 9pts
Ulster (eliminated if we beat them twice).

That would be pretty good , as long as we can beat Ulster twice and we can , this could well happen.

We need to target a 5 pointer at home against ulster and try to get a result the following week. It is then all to play for in the last 2 games as we ll be playing the 2 teams around us.
Only worry is that racing and leicester are most likely going to be picking up bps in their head to heads.

We have it all to do, not impossible but we need to find some form( of which is going to be hard to come by after the AI) and we need some players back firing.I feel if we get Patchel back fit, and Parkes and foxy playing to their potential we are a match for anyone.
Anyone know whats happening with our lineout has been a shambles for so many games now. You don't progress to knockout rugby of any tournament with a lineout that doesn't function.
Sponsored Links

Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2018 at 8:02pm
I would hope that we target every match as a 5 pointer  !!!  
Captain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2018 at 10:21pm
With our to players back we can win every game. Even in France.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2018 at 10:10am
lots of self destructive errors, lineouts misfired, some restarts were poor, the missed tackle on tuilagi was crucial too , he seemd to get through steff and someone else , but he is a almost impossible to stop at that range...foxy crazy pass in his 22...at that stage we lead 27-25 so we were in the game and very competitive. were not a long way off , take into account the endless injury list too. BUT I wouldnt dismiss these errors under pressure, these players need to not brush it under the carpet but address them head on and ask themselves why do these errors keep occurring

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2018 at 10:20am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

lots of self destructive errors, lineouts misfired, some restarts were poor, the missed tackle on tuilagi was crucial too , he seemd to get through steff and someone else , but he is a almost impossible to stop at that range...foxy crazy pass in his 22...at that stage we lead 27-25 so we were in the game and very competitive. were not a long way off , take into account the endless injury list too. BUT I wouldnt dismiss these errors under pressure, these players need to not brush it under the carpet but address them head on and ask themselves why do these errors keep occurring

Quite correct Roy - our lineout has been a disaster all season costing us the Ulster game and certainly impacting us in other games. For me, accepting the problems created by injuries, we haven't got our selection correct. The absence from the starting 15 of Asquith baffles me, not selecting Kennedy who is an imposing physical presence against the Tigers also was dodgy.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2018 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Captain Captain wrote:

With our to players back we can win every game. Even in France.

Anything is possible in this competition for sure, we just need to believe in ourselves.
Scarlets!!!
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2018 at 10:38am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Quite correct Roy - our lineout has been a disaster all season costing us the Ulster game and certainly impacting us in other games. For me, accepting the problems created by injuries, we haven't got our selection correct. The absence from the starting 15 of Asquith baffles me, not selecting Kennedy who is an imposing physical presence against the Tigers also was dodgy.

I didnt realise keneddy was available, if fit, then in light of his form this season I agree his non selection was odd
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2018 at 2:36pm
Ed Kennedy was presumably omitted to accommodate Macleod and Boyde to target turn-overs at the breakdown, with Cassiem perhaps offering more versatile bench cover. It's easy in hindsight to say this was an error, but the gameplan didn't work in the final 20 mins. Remember that Ed was signed as bolter, and has been another to exceed expectations early on, but some squad rotation is essential, and Pivac opted for more experienced players for the Champs Cup.

It almost worked at 60 minutes - for me, the shift in momentum came when Dan Jones was interfered with while trying to catch a Tigers kick. Not entirely deliberate, perhaps, but Poite and his assistant missed that he was taken out without the ball, and what should have been a penalty to us from our 10m line ended up being a Leicester line-out. From that, they marched up field and scored - they never looked back after that, and we couldn't respond.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic