Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Brexit bonus...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 160>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Ok, you heard it here first - we will not be leaving the EU next March, we will stay in the EU on the exact same terms as we have always had. There really is no other alternative.

We can argue the ifs and buts, the pros and cons until the cows come home but I thought I would cut to the chase - we will stay in and if anyone wants to bet otherwise,  I'll put a shilling on it. Wink

I love a man who is prepared to back his hunches with all he has. Wink
Sponsored Links

Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 3:43pm
I'll also bet my last 10 euro note that nothing will be decided by march.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Ok, you heard it here first - we will not be leaving the EU next March, we will stay in the EU on the exact same terms as we have always had. There really is no other alternative.

We can argue the ifs and buts, the pros and cons until the cows come home but I thought I would cut to the chase - we will stay in and if anyone wants to bet otherwise,  I'll put a shilling on it. Wink

I love a man who is prepared to back his hunches with all he has. Wink
In old money as well. Smile
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 4:35pm
and that will be what the remoaners wanted all along.**** the peasants who voted out.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 7:25pm
As I see it all that needs to happen in order to leave on WTO terms is for no further agreement to take place. If Parliament can't pass a deal the law says we're out in March. The clock is ticking. It is not certain that any deal will be agreed in time.

IMHO, speaking as a remain voter albeit conflicted at the time, I've reached the conclusion that we should now have a referendum on the manner of leaving. I think trying to remain now would run the risk of even further division and could cause serious civc unrest. I think we should have a choice:

1. WTO rules
2. May's deal
3. EFTA

If we rank them they can go to second preferences if no option gets 50% on the 1st round.

I'd go EFTA personally.
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 7:58pm
Well I know what I voted for. Get out now. Hard Brexit. I guess that’s your WTO option. In reality we have to have as many more referendums as it takes to come up with the decision to remain. Nothing else will do for the MPs and Lords who have personal interests in staying in the gravy train    Cynic. You bet
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 8:25pm
Just watched the Alex Salmond show on RT. In a discussion with a Dr Ewan McGauchy of King's College London, the demented doctor seemed to be under the impression that the referendum result will be declared void because of "over-spending, corruption and Russian interference" 
Come on you Brexiteers, admit it, you only voted out for a pocket full of roubles.
It's amazing how low some remainers will stoop to get their way. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Winston Winston wrote:

Well I know what I voted for. Get out now. Hard Brexit. I guess that’s your WTO option. In reality we have to have as many more referendums as it takes to come up with the decision to remain. Nothing else will do for the MPs and Lords who have personal interests in staying in the gravy train    Cynic. You bet

Yes, but is that what everyone else voted for? I think the time to argue to remain is past now. Leave won that argument. It would not be democratic to engineer a scenario where we remain in the near future ... and I'm speaking as a remain voter. Having said that, there is no agreement on the manner in which we leave. Parliament is in melt down over it and I'm not convinced that there's a majority for a hard Brexit in the UK ... there's only one way to find out. We have to have the serious options that are available put to the vote.

Edited by totallybiasedscarlet - 07 December 2018 at 10:35pm
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2018 at 5:54am
where's guy fawkes when you need him?
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2018 at 7:25am
This is what comes from trusting the Tories.  They are the ones who promised a 'leave' vote, just to win support for the general election - it was an election ploy that's all and they never expected leave to win.  Having won the election they then had to hold the referendum and to their horror, 'leave' won. 

What they have spent the last two years doing is hatching a plan to undo the mess they caused by having a vote in the first place.   

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 07 December 2018 at 7:26am
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2018 at 7:33am

This is what comes from trusting the Tories.  They are the ones who promised a 'leave' vote, just to win support for the general election - it was an election ploy that's all and they never expected leave to win.  Having won the election they then had to hold the referendum and to their horror, 'leave' won. 

What they have spent the last two years doing is hatching a plan to undo the mess they caused by having a vote in the first place.   

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2018 at 8:11am
Europe for all their pomp don’t want us to leave because they and their businesses have lots to lose. A hard Brexit willmean returning to pre Euro rules we managed to survive then. Foreign workers would apply on line for work visas as are available now I know as I anc friends process them we will have to use passports which we have to shave anyway for all travel. Yes there will be issues but businesses overcome and adapt just as they had to to adapt to the mountain of red tape and restrictions Europe dumped on us which people said would cripple business but they coped. I for one still want out and ii would rather a hard exit and fall under WTO than be hamstrung under a fudged mess than is on offer which benefits the trough feeders.
The good thing about a hard brexit is it can’t be bastardised by MPs which is why they do not want it.
Also watch the horizons as Poland are gearing up for a potential leave which will really set the cat amongst the Euro pigeons

Edited by scarletabroad - 07 December 2018 at 8:11am
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2018 at 8:31am
How about sporting contests to sort out our disagreements. Europe v UK would be tough game in rugby when you consider they would have most of Irish team. Football would be close as well but I back us to win the cricket and them to do us in the winter games. Whoever wins decides on which Brexit we have.
The least it would do is take our minds off the crap the politicians are spouting.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2018 at 8:36am
It would solve the Irish border question seeing as the Ulster boys don’t sing the anthems anyway they can join in the British one
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2018 at 9:08am
Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

Europe for all their pomp don’t want us to leave because they and their businesses have lots to lose. A hard Brexit willmean returning to pre Euro rules we managed to survive then. Foreign workers would apply on line for work visas as are available now I know as I anc friends process them we will have to use passports which we have to shave anyway for all travel. Yes there will be issues but businesses overcome and adapt just as they had to to adapt to the mountain of red tape and restrictions Europe dumped on us which people said would cripple business but they coped. I for one still want out and ii would rather a hard exit and fall under WTO than be hamstrung under a fudged mess than is on offer which benefits the trough feeders.
The good thing about a hard brexit is it can’t be bastardised by MPs which is why they do not want it.
Also watch the horizons as Poland are gearing up for a potential leave which will really set the cat amongst the Euro pigeons

Great post which I totally agree with.
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2018 at 9:29am
The problem with a hard Brexit is that the Tory boys in the city lose out big time. They can't afford to let that happen.  

This is not about the people.  Don't get sucked in to thinking you actually have a say in this. It's not about citizens wanting to leave versus citizens wanting to stay - it's all about whats best for the Tories.  The sooner we wake up and pull together as a nation over this the better. 

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 07 December 2018 at 10:25am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 160>
  Share Topic