Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v Australia Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 10:01am
need to start with a bang and attack them from the off....Play whats in front of us, no premeditated stuff and certainly limit the aimless kicking, try to kick cleverly and accurately. And please lets not go to sleep at restarts either. we have enough firepower to do some damage.
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 10:36am
I think our best team, once a few games behind them to gel and get with international pace, would beat the Aussies - BUT they will now be very nicely gelled due to the Rugby Championship whereas we are rusty for most of the autumn normally and we are probably rightly experimenting with a few people rather than playing the best available team.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 11:32am
They're clearly our bogey team and it's become psychological, I think as this thread shows. England have consistently beaten the same Australian sides at the same time of the year when we have also been beating England regularly in the 6N (at home, the odd win at Twickers). I just see excuses being made in honesty when we simply need to have our best players - some of which are bloody good - play well and adopt tactics and selection that favour us and not them. Australia didn't have a particularly good Championship and if the argument being made is we are slow starters, haven't gelled because the AIs are always "too early" for us then boo hoo; this should have been dealt with years ago then because we're talking 10 years of failing to beat them now and I do not buy that they have always been better man-for-man.

And yes, I'm sick of losing to Australia.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 11:50am
I am afraid can only see the losing run going on they will be too strong in the front and back rows of the Scrum. Cannot understand the selection of Smith, Francis or Lydiate. If you pick Lydiate you need someone who can Jackal we don't have anyone in team who can. Dillon Lewis for prop is very good in rucks as is Rob. Tuperic for all his qualities is not a jackler and was hammered off the ball at the rucks by the Aussie back row last year.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 1:11pm
The Welsh selection appears to me to have a contradiction. With the selection of Lydiate, it looks as if Gatland intends to play a tight game because if he wanted a more equal competition with Pocock and Hooper at the breakdown, he would surely have picked Elis Jenkins instead. On the other hand he has chosen Anscombe ahead of Biggar who would have given more controlled kicking for a tighter game and a better chance to attack the corners.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 1:56pm
Big game for Anscombe to show control in. You can bet Oz will be looking for an intercept. If he does well then I think could be looking at being starting 10 in the 6N. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 5:49pm
Good scrum. Most positive aspect so far. Good covering tackle from Anscome earlier. Other than that some aimless kicking and blunt attack so far.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 6:33pm
ken loses one in the red zone again,
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 7:03pm
Pretty awful ref. Several dubious decisions.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 7:04pm
had a tenner on the draw last week.
spinner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 7:15pm
That's it folks, prime time entertainment, or wozz it???
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

had a tenner on the draw last week.

Teams you love can do awful things to your emotions.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Grammar School Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 7:17pm
Awful game, odd referee, if we make our kicks Aus might have opened up more and beaten us
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 7:18pm
classic bbc trash tipuric being interviewed for motm when caption says George north motm then she interviews the aussie and says david Pocock he says im Michael hooper LOL
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 7:19pm
Finally!

And you know what, Australia were tough but didn't offer anything we didn't deal with. Yes, there were mistakes both sides but we were overall the stronger team. I think the players should take a lot of credit for winning this one, mistakes and all. 

Beating them feels good - again, finally!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 7:26pm
That’s a unexpected and welcome win.

Far from a classic, but at the end of the day, who cares.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic