Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v Australia Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2018 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

Wol have Gareth Davies as a loset

pardon my ignorance but what's a 'loset' ?

Loser sorry

Odd comment - neither did anything special, but the only bad mistake I remember came from Williams, when he knocked on at the ruck when it looked as if a try was maybe on... doubt that Cawdor would have made such a rookie mistake.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Sponsored Links

Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2018 at 3:38pm
We have to remember that when williams came on the game was much more open, plus he had fresh legs against a tiring defence. Its an unfair call. Got to say, im not his biggszt fan, but hill really showed up when ge came on. I thought beard was average. Hes got size and age on his side but he really needs to devrlop his game.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2018 at 4:20pm
I thought Elis Jenkins livened things up too. Should have come on 10 minutes earlier as Lydiate was knackered by then.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2018 at 5:16pm
What a seriously poor game of rugby.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2018 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

What a seriously poor game of rugby.

WOL had "the fans" as the biggest losers. Which, in fairness, did make me laugh.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2018 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Pretty boring game to be honest with very little quality rugby but great to get the win. I thought Josh Adams was fantastic both in attack & defence. He looks to me to have booked his place in our starting 15. 

Picking up on your earlier point Ffidel regarding selection I see your point. I think our gameplan was to attack the Aussie lineout but that in reality backfired a little as ours wasn't anywhere near as accurate as it usually is - missing Hill's management maybe. I think my overall feeling on the great 10 debate hasn't really changed. Frankly two tries in two games would have been achieved with Biggar playing 10 & he would have kicked tactically far better than Anscombe.

Rhys remains the most complete 10 we have if we want to develop a ball in play running game. I still worry that Gatland & Co., will revert to type in the build up & through the World Cup - i.e. hope that defence will win it with excellent goal kicking. Anscombe yesterday looked all at sea unable to spark his outside backs & unclear of his role. Aimless kicking on another day would have cost us the game but fair play to Parkes, Foxy and the back 3 for shutting down their dangerous counter attackers. 

Loads of changes for next week & I hope Rhys is fit enough to be given a run at starting 10. My selection would be something like :-

Liam, Josh, Foxy, Watkins, Steff, Rhys, Tomos Williams
Rob, Dee, Samson, Jake, Hill, Wainwright, Jenkins, Moriarty. 

Bench : Elias, Wyn, Brown, Beard, Tipuric, Aled, Biggar, Amos.

A great and timely chance next week to try out a few of these fringe players....obviously we cant take tonga lightly but a lot of these are quality players...Im especially excited to see josh liam watkins patchell tomos jake and wainwright get a run. Its vital we have class back up at 8 , lock , full back, wing , centre. Areas we have been a bit short in

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2018 at 1:00pm
I saw one post-match quote from Gats that said there'd be '15 changes' for Tonga next week - not sure how they'll manage that with only 5 fit back row players in the AIs squad (perhaps Tipuric will stay in and captain) so that suggests a team like:

Liam Williams, Steff Evans, Tyler Morgan, Owen Watkin, Luke Morgan, Rhys Patchell, Tomos Williams;
Rob Evans, Elliot Dee, Leon Brown, Jake Ball, Cory Hill, Ellis Jenkins, Justin Tipuric (c), Aaron Wainwright

Replacements: Ryan Elias, Wyn Jones, Samson Lee, Adam Beard, Dan Lydiate; Aled Davies, Jarrod Evans, Jonah Homes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic