Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

well done ireland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: well done ireland
    Posted: 18 November 2018 at 9:07am
well done to Ireland on a fantastic win against the all blacks yesterday
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2018 at 9:26am
Hear hear fully deserved. Not difficult to understand why Tadhg can't get in the team when you see how Ryan & O'Mahony played. 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2018 at 10:41am
I second that. I watched the whole game, the intensity was incredible from the first to the last minute and Ireland were worthy winners.
NZ we’re repelled time and time again, they were turned and forced to retreat and play from deep inside their own half. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a NZ team so clueless about how to break down the ferocious Irish defence. The number of time they just kicked the ball back to the Irish back 3 or off the park was incredible. Ireland proved why they are second seeds at present.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2018 at 11:47am
Incredible test match to watch. Wales, New Zealand, Ireland, South Africa will all go into this World Cup confident after a good build up, same as “lower teams” such as Italy, USA, Japan who are all improving rapidly.
Add to this teams like England, Australia, Argentina who have the ability and depth to beat anyone on their day.

This is going to be a good World Cup.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2018 at 1:48pm
Great team and there’s players weren’t even involved. It’s good to see there’s no pantomime Irish bashing.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2018 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Great team and there’s players weren’t even involved. It’s good to see there’s no pantomime Irish bashing.
Thank you Denny Twp.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2018 at 3:43pm
Terrific win. Irish rugby is at the top table and rightly so. The systems there and the depth of talent is built to last. They seem to have also harnessed the various skills from gaelic and hurling. That extra physicality and ability in the air. The irish seem to produce a plethora of hard ball carriers. Id say this is one area of development where they are ahead of us. They have a powerful mobile front row, some big mobile locks the best 10 in the world too. Their backline isnt as dangerous as some but its efficient, powerful, pretty disciplined , workmanlike and organizes. Theyre rightly second best in the world. BUT we can beat them on our day as long as we keep improving and developing this exciting squad we have with an all court game. As for the ab's still world cup faves but when a team stands up to them physically they look far more human and make way more errors.
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2018 at 4:03pm
With the AB's its sometimes psychological... we havent beaten them 45 years so were not going to thus time. Its not always down to the rugby on the pitch. But well done ireland
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2018 at 10:05am
Ireland in the shape of the Leinster front 5, Best aside, have developed strong, effective, error free carrying. They are tremendously effective with support players giving added momentum and crucially that extra 2-3 metres. That is why they blew us away last season and are now doing it on the World stage. 

Add in their wonderful 10, accurate kick chase even without Murray and excellent discipline ( only 2 penalties conceded) and you have a recipe for winning rugby not to mention their choking defence. They are going to take some beating and the match in the Principality next season could be a grand slam decider.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2018 at 4:17pm

Now that's an interesting quote - FWIW, I went on the 'Guardian' site last week to predict an Irish win - there  was absolutely no 'side' to my comment, just a rugby opinion - and was pretty astonished that four posters (probably not genuine Irish rugby people, IMHO) came on to troll me by saying, in effect, that it was none of my business, and anyway, what was the last time Wales beat the ABs?

I fount it pretty distasteful, childish and pathetic.

So - no Irish bashing on here, but some bizarre 'Welsh bashing' elsewhere!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2018 at 10:08pm
Stunning performance by Ireland, clearly the better team, thoroughly deserved the win and all the plaudits. Best game I have watched as a neutral.

Thought the All Blacks should have had a yellow for all their penalties, Barnes was lenient with just a warning, I think that was after 9 penalties!

Noticed also, that NZ play the ball when on the ground at the breakdown for just a split second, enough to slow delivery of the ball to or by the scrum half. Subtle. The ref only has to punish this once or twice and the game flows much more freely for the opposition.

Overall thought it was officiated well.

Well done Ireland.
Joshua24:15
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2018 at 9:18am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Now that's an interesting quote - FWIW, I went on the 'Guardian' site last week to predict an Irish win - there  was absolutely no 'side' to my comment, just a rugby opinion - and was pretty astonished that four posters (probably not genuine Irish rugby people, IMHO) came on to troll me by saying, in effect, that it was none of my business, and anyway, what was the last time Wales beat the ABs?

I fount it pretty distasteful, childish and pathetic.

So - no Irish bashing on here, but some bizarre 'Welsh bashing' elsewhere!

Very strange response that Aber to a totally innocent comment. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2018 at 10:06am
A reflection on the Autumn so far. Prior to the Lions series we had European defence coaches saying that to beat Southern Hemisphere sides you had to score 30+ points. Farrell confounded this theory in that series and the theory has been further confounded this Autumn. Clearly Mitchell, Farrell & our own Shaun Edwards have taken defensive systems to a new level. To stop Australia & NZ scoring a try through 80 minutes was almost unthinkable yet it has been achieved. 
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2018 at 12:39pm
The historic win over the All Blacks drew RTE 57% of the TV audience in Ireland. No idea what the other 43% were watching...

Antietam1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antietam1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2018 at 11:27pm
Thanks lads, a pity they were able to get at our lineout but other than that brilliant.
Went to my first match 1960 which we won next decent result was a draw against NZ in 1976?
badabing badabook
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic