Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales 20 SA 11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 6:03am
happy with the win....brutal game at times. I thought we wen into our shells a bit. Maybe it was a game plan maybe it was losing moriarty took our confidence a wee bit. We do seem to lack ball carriers a bit when him and faletau are out. Though ellis did a great job. I am absolutely certain patchell is the best 10 in Wales though I fear gatland and howley have now settled on the far less effective anscombe. patch has size pace strength vision, best passer and kicks just as well off both feet. hes also good in the air
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 9:58am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

happy with the win....brutal game at times. I thought we wen into our shells a bit. Maybe it was a game plan maybe it was losing moriarty took our confidence a wee bit. We do seem to lack ball carriers a bit when him and faletau are out. Though ellis did a great job. I am absolutely certain patchell is the best 10 in Wales though I fear gatland and howley have now settled on the far less effective anscombe. patch has size pace strength vision, best passer and kicks just as well off both feet. hes also good in the air

I said pre game that it was a big test fro Anscombe and in my opinion he failed big time. Where is our attacking back play? To miss a penalty to touch to set up an attacking platform 30 metres out is bad, to do it twice is unforgivable - end of story. Pundits and coaches have called for him to be given a run of games - he's had them and not taken his chance so hopefully some sense will prevail & we will see Rhys given the same run in the 6 nations. 

We certainly are short of ball carriers especially without Moriarty & Faletau & won that game again on our defence. Ellis was deservedly MOM closely followed by AWJ who remains an absolute beacon for this team. Cawdor's defensive play caused the Boks inside backs all sorts of issues. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I said pre game that it was a big test fro Anscombe and in my opinion he failed big time. Where is our attacking back play? To miss a penalty to touch to set up an attacking platform 30 metres out is bad, to do it twice is unforgivable - end of story. Pundits and coaches have called for him to be given a run of games - he's had them and not taken his chance so hopefully some sense will prevail & we will see Rhys given the same run in the 6 nations. 

We certainly are short of ball carriers especially without Moriarty & Faletau & won that game again on our defence. Ellis was deservedly MOM closely followed by AWJ who remains an absolute beacon for this team. Cawdor's defensive play caused the Boks inside backs all sorts of issues. 

Ollie Griffiths could be an alternative to either Faletau (when injured) or Moriarty, as he showed yesterday... TBH, I'm a bit surprised he's not in the squad, even allowing for the wealth of options available... I reckon he's far more of a footballer than Moriarty, who has power but not much ball sense. Is he smaller? If so, that could explain it, a bit.

Edited by aber-fan - 26 November 2018 at 1:46pm
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Ollie Griffiths could be an alternative to either Faletau (when injured) or Moriarty, as he showed yesterday... TBH, I'm a bit surprised he's not in the squad, even allowing for the wealth of options available... I reckon he's far more of a footballer than Moriarty, who has power but not much ball sense. Is he smaller? If so, that could explain it, a bit.

6 1 220 slightly smaller, tidy player though
harrison keddie another young prospect , bigger lump over 17 stones

I was dead chuffed with wainwright though, little was said of him, hes 6 2, 16 stone 7
But regardless of size he just did a good jobhes definitely one for the future

The back row without the injured ellis jenkins, first second third is looking like

8. faletau moriarty navidi seb davies
7 Tipuric cubby navidi thomas young
6 shingler lydiate wainwright cory hill (played well at flanker)

basically about 11 flankers in the mix atm plus ellis who hopefully recovers 

who else am I forgetting?

Edited by roy munster - 27 November 2018 at 2:53pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic