Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 38>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2019 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Rugby fan Rugby fan wrote:

Amos & Adams are heading to the capital.

So says Keith eh! Wink

Nothing definite yet by all accounts though
#George
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2019 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I would like to think that we have identified our main new signings and are reassuring them that its only red tape which is standing in the way of contracts being agreed. I had initially hoped that Project Reset was going to allow us to compete for the signatures of some established International players but I fear that was getting a little carried away by all the hype.

The Scarlets are good to go, but have been held back by the 3 other Regions who are in a bit of a mess. No blame on the Scarlets here. Our systems are good, and the funding directors have done what is necessary. 

Further meeting re Project Reset due tomorrow. Only 2 of our players have not been placed into a Band. From what Rob Evans said in the press a few weeks ago, the Scarlets squad are happy with their individual banding, and know where they stand bar 2 NWQ players. No news on who they are.

Hasn't Asquith said he's staying ? McNichol on the other hand has apparently been offered silly money to go to Japan.

Thanks for the info - I'm sure we'd all like to see this sorted out ASAP, and the signings made/confirmed.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2019 at 2:01pm
Boyde to Harlequins according to the Rugby Paper. Ouch
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2019 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Hope that's fake news
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2019 at 2:17pm
thought he was off to the ospreys the other day. rumours rumours.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2019 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Hope that's fake news

They're often not too far off the truth
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2019 at 3:03pm

The Rugby Paper said Harlequins want to sign Boyde but it also said Scarlets were confident of keeping him.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2019 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

had twitter reply off scarlets, they said no announcements in the near future....so its a waiting game.
I wouldn’t expect many if any signings. The delay in project reset has really hurt recruitment plus there’s just not the relevant funds to compete in Welsh rugby.

Edited by scarletnut - 04 February 2019 at 3:05pm
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2019 at 3:13pm
Project Upset has really worked the regions over. I thought this was supposed to be the new beginning, it's a shambles.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2019 at 3:22pm
absolute mess by the sound of it. thought the union had sorted itself out, but obviously not. doesn't help that the other 3 regions are in such a financial mess.
do worry that we will keep our players.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2019 at 4:39pm
I was told that Navidi had agreed a new contract pending confirmation from Project Reset with Cardiff, and was staying in the capital city.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2019 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

I was told that Navidi had agreed a new contract pending confirmation from Project Reset with Cardiff, and was staying in the capital city.
That’s right
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2019 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

had twitter reply off scarlets, they said no announcements in the near future....so its a waiting game.
I wouldn’t expect many if any signings. The delay in project reset has really hurt recruitment plus there’s just not the relevant funds to compete in Welsh rugby.
What a flippin car crash!
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2019 at 6:53pm

Could it be possible Scarlets have made new signings ? and its not possible to announce them .
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2019 at 7:58pm
Hope so Mark. Need a few new faces
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2019 at 7:10am
seems to me the feelgood factor is washing away at the regions which will all be brushed under the carpet if wales do well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 38>
  Share Topic