Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 38>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2019 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

How old is jonny , he would be a good winger/fullback to have in the wales squad id be very suprised if he doesnt get capped by wales

Scarlets before Wales
Sponsored Links

LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2019 at 6:40am
Let's have a total Welsh backline full of New Zealanders .!!! Great news.!!
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2019 at 7:50am
Parkes and Mcnichol isn't a full backline its 2/6
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2019 at 7:55am
Why not? Ireland and england are using the residency rule to their advantage. Englands biggest threats are all overseas turned english. If it benefits wales............
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2019 at 9:15am

Anscombe evens it up   
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2019 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Anscombe evens it up   
And there's 7 in a back line!!
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2019 at 6:06pm
Haliholo then....😎
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 3:40am
McNichol didn’t seem interested in playing for wales and said he and parkes had totally different views on the matter. Don’t want him playing for Wales we need him all season

Edited by Sosban bach - 12 February 2019 at 3:41am
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 7:27am
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

McNichol didn’t seem interested in playing for wales and said he and parkes had totally different views on the matter. Don’t want him playing for Wales we need him all season
I doubt he’d stay if he didn’t want to play for Wales
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 9:35am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Absolutely so, imo.

Remaining here is his only realistic chance of international honours, unless he fancies 5 years in Japan, for example, and they want to pick him then.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Absolutely so, imo.

Remaining here is his only realistic chance of international honours, unless he fancies 5 years in Japan, for example, and they want to pick him then.

In which case Japan is a strong chance then. Was thinking Moore coming might change his mind.
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 9:27am
I did see yesterday that Rhys Priestland put up an Instagram Story tagging himself in "Carter Lee Financial Services" based in Skewen, with a Scarlets mug in the picture! LOLLOL possible hints?!

More probable they got the Scarlets mug out from the back of the cupboard and dusted it off for a lovely cuppa because he was there!
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 10:08am
would love rhys back with us but I would think he would be going for 1 last big pay deal, maybe france
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 12:16pm

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Absolutely so, imo.

In which case Japan is a strong chance then. Was thinking Moore coming might change his mind.

I personally have not seen any rumours apart from here regarding Johnny Mac.
All we know as fact is that an offer from Scarlets is on the table and he needs to make a decsision of what he wants. Quite possibly there is a deal in Japan...but I must be honest, it is now middle of February and rumourslike this would be in full swing by now if there was nothing signed.

I may be wrong looking at it like this but seeing that it is February, I would have though that the clubs who were in for him before christmas would be forcing an answer by now for them to persue other interests - so I'm taking it as he may very well be staying.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 12:29pm
I agree with you PE SA.

The only real comments that JM has made in public was just after the Pro 14 final last year, when one could see how disappointed he was, despite scoring a hatrick. 

All other comments are hearsay & grape vine, and we all know how reliable that can be.

I am assuming that there are contracts available to him in Japan, but seriously would have thought that anyone would want him signed up by now, where really only around 10 weeks of the regular season left.

We would all like to know all about the players retention etc, but over the past few seasons, I have decided to wait for confirmation to see who signed and who goes.

I hope he stays though! 
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

I agree with you PE SA.

The only real comments that JM has made in public was just after the Pro 14 final last year, when one could see how disappointed he was, despite scoring a hatrick. 

All other comments are hearsay & grape vine, and we all know how reliable that can be.

I am assuming that there are contracts available to him in Japan, but seriously would have thought that anyone would want him signed up by now, where really only around 10 weeks of the regular season left.

We would all like to know all about the players retention etc, but over the past few seasons, I have decided to wait for confirmation to see who signed and who goes.

I hope he stays though! 

Wayne was quoted as saying that JM had a very good offer from Japan but we are hopeful he will stay - it was in the rugby paper a few weeks ago.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 38>
  Share Topic