Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New signings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 38>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2019 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Scarletstarch Scarletstarch wrote:

Good to see Conbeer named to play for Llanelli RFC together with Morgan Williams, Blommetjies, Dylan Evans from the Scarlets, fingers crossed for a win in Cardiff! Thumbs Up

Game is in Parc Y Scarlets on Sunday 2.30 ko  Margaret .

Edited by 157cb - 28 February 2019 at 7:41pm
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2019 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

We could really do with a second row
Has to be the priority and maybe another tight-head

Do you think we're in for anyone?
We’ll i’d have thought so
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2019 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by Scarletstarch Scarletstarch wrote:

Good to see Conbeer named to play for Llanelli RFC together with Morgan Williams, Blommetjies, Dylan Evans from the Scarlets, fingers crossed for a win in Cardiff! Thumbs Up

Game is in Parc Y Scarlets on Sunday 2.30 ko  Margaret .

Thanks Mark, having  senior moment! Confused
"YMA O HYD"
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2019 at 8:21am
Navidi just resigned with the blues. Puts that rumour to bed. What upsets me most isnt the fact that other regions are signing new players or announcing their retention of current players, but the lack o information given by the scarlets. The blues are on their a r s e but yet their iinentions to improve their squad is clear. We, on the other hand, are in the best finacial position we have been in for years, and nothing to announce.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2019 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Navidi just resigned with the blues. Puts that rumour to bed. What upsets me most isnt the fact that other regions are signing new players or announcing their retention of current players, but the lack o information given by the scarlets. The blues are on their a r s e but yet their iinentions to improve their squad is clear. We, on the other hand, are in the best finacial position we have been in for years, and nothing to announce.
How do you know there’s nothing to announce?
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2019 at 9:39am
Steff , you know what this merry go round is like on here for info 😆
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2019 at 11:15am

Cardiff have come out with their targets, we havent. I dont expect namez just" we're in talks with a secobd row" etc. Something to keep our spirits up.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2019 at 11:29am

Cardiff have come out with their targets, we havent. I dont expect namez just" we're in talks with a secobd row" etc. Something to keep our spirits up.

To be honest I prefer the way we do it. In the past 2 years or so Blues have come out and said they are going to sign....Halfpenny, Moriarty, Parkes, North, Adams, Amos, Boyde and probably a few others. How many have they actually signed? Bit embarrassing really...They are like a toddler rolling round on the floor craving attention.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2019 at 11:31am
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

To be honest I prefer the way we do it. In the past 2 years or so Blues have come out and said they are going to sign....Halfpenny, Moriarty, Parkes, North, Adams, Amos, Boyde and probably a few others. How many have they actually signed? Bit embarrassing really...They are like a toddler rolling round on the floor craving attention.

i thought it was already stated that Mooar has already begun talking with players to bring in. Pivac not involved at all in that. that was confirmed in crys meeting.
theieuan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theieuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2019 at 12:20pm

Now that the funding for next season has been confirmed I imagine we'll announce new deals pretty soon. But I wonder if they will only be 1 year deals as for 2020-2021 who knows what will happen?
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2019 at 12:44pm
Like someone said, I believe the recruitment is being discussed with the new coaching set up. This leaves the coaches and players to try to get into the play offs
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2019 at 1:57pm

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

It would be very typical of the Blues to spend big on two wings when really there need is front 5 and a back up 8 to Nick Williams. Having said that a back 3 of Lane, Amos and Adams would be blinking tasty. Lane is definitely my tip for world cup bolter.

Can't see Rob going anywhere, he's building an house up the road from me!

Potentially, next season, none of them will be available until December with RWC2019. I'd rather trust what we have, and give our youngsters like Conbeer a chance. It is a cheaper more sustainable option, it rewards local youngsters, and it will hopefully encourage others to aspire to achieve with the Scarlets. Wayne has spoken highly of these young guys, and we've seen this season what can happen when we trust youngsters, e.g. Dan Davis.

I totally agree. I'm also not too worried if we don't make any signings for next season as long as everyone stays.
my only worry for next season is the fact we will be losing a large chunk of the squad for around 12 league games plus first 2/3 European group games due to world cup and 6 nations. that's before any injury.
15. Johnny (if he stays) / Tomi Lewis
14. Prydie / Nicholas
13. Fonotia / Baldwin
12. Asquith / Hughes
11. Conbeer
10. Dan
9. Hardy / Jonny / SHC
8. Macleod / Cassiem
7. Cubby / Boyde / Davis
6. Shingler / Kennedy
5. Bullbring / Helps
4. Cummins / Rawlins
3. Kruger (if he stays)
2. Jones / Hughes / Davies
1. Price / Evans

pretty thread bear there even including the young prospects assuming those out of contract stay and all stay fit! certainly need some forwards, a 10, and back 3 IMO.
there is of course the possibility that steff Evs and Patch don't make the World Cup - but even if they don't they will still be on stand by.

Yeah but everyone is in the same boat and there are teams with much thinner squads than us. I think you've also missed a couple....

15. Johnny (if he stays) / Tomi Lewis
14. Prydie / Nicholas
13. Fonotia / Baldwin
12. Asquith / Hughes
11. Conbeer/Morgan Williams/Steff
10. Dan/ Angus O'brien
9. Hardy / Jonny / SHC
8. Macleod / Cassiem/
7. Cubby / Boyde / Davis
6. Shingler / Kennedy/ Tom Phillips
5. Bullbring / Helps/ Price
4. Cummins / Rawlins
3. Kruger (if he stays)/Gardiner/ Jevon
2. Jones / Hughes / Davies
1. Price / Evans

I can see Steff not making the WC spot. I think Owen Lane will go instead, but you never know, if we get on a run and win the play offs we could lose 15 or more. I think if Shingler gets games before end of season he's in with a big shout, Hardy could definitely go, Cubby possibly. So even though I started writing this post thinking one thing, in conclusion, your probably correct!

I think your list shows one of the great imponderables for us as supporters, and maybe even for the coaches - will some of the injured players ever come back, if so, when - and will they regain their form pre-injury?

I'm a huge admirer of Aaron Shingler, who is by a distance the best line-out operator we've had in the last few years... will Aaron be back? I don't know - but I fervently hope so.
Blade was showing excellent form until his injury - will he be back? If so, when?
Angus O'Brien is a good level squad 10, who played, was it 2 games before injury? Will he be back? When?...

And so on.

Scarlets have had particularly bad luck with injuries in the last 18 months or so, and it's only the medical and coaching staff who are really up to date on where these important players are WRT their recovery. I do hope they are all going to be fit by September at the latest...
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2019 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by theieuan theieuan wrote:

Now that the funding for next season has been confirmed I imagine we'll announce new deals pretty soon. But I wonder if they will only be 1 year deals as for 2020-2021 who knows what will happen?

Has it?
Scarlets before Wales
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2019 at 4:57am
I heard today that Brad has lined some Crusaders players up to come over with him, David Havili being one name mentioned.

Wishful thinking I think
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2019 at 5:44am
would be a very handy signing,  George Bridge would be another from the saders that id love to see in scarlet
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2019 at 8:16am
Steff Evans’ Dad making cryptic Twitter posts last night about it being his last visit to PYS. Clearly not happy with Steff only getting a few minutes
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 38>
  Share Topic