Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Glasgow?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 11:52am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Keep Foxy, Ball and Ken away from Glasgow's plastic pitch, don't want to risk our star players in a game we are unlikely to win.
I don’t know why you think they’re unlikely to win. Scarlets have a very good chance

We don't do well on plastic pitches and Glasgow are capable of giving anyone a hiding at home. We are no longer capable of doing the same. We may well be if we could field a settled team for a run of games but that is not likely to happen soon.
We don't do well on plastic pitches? Didn't we stuff them up there last season? Also beat the Blues on a plastic pitch.
plus we were dubbed as Sarries toughest opponent of the season with our performance on their plastic pitch as well as our home fixture against them.
Sponsored Links

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by insidehalf insidehalf wrote:

It always bothers me at the end of an International window that we need to give our senior players a weeks break, when we need them on the park to gel ready for our European games. Because if they suddenly came up with another international to play this weekend they would all be hoping to play in it.

Spot on.

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 12:33pm
I agree with that, but I don't think its the players decision not to play though is it?

The only caveat would be that we aren't the primary employers of some players.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 12:37pm
Quick read for the fan forums have shown that the 2 Scottish sides are resting the majority of their internationals for this round of the Pro 14. So potentially they will be missing Brown, Gray Wilson in the forwards. Price, Hastings, P. Horne, Dunbar, H. Jones, Seymour and Hogg in the backs.
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Quick read for the fan forums have shown that the 2 Scottish sides are resting the majority of their internationals for this round of the Pro 14. So potentially they will be missing Brown, Gray Wilson in the forwards. Price, Hastings, P. Horne, Dunbar, H. Jones, Seymour and Hogg in the backs.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable with them resting those backs. The forwards I'm not too bothered.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 12:52pm

If I am not mistaken Price,Horne and Seymour played against the Blues at weekend the latter getting injured .
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

If I am not mistaken Price,Horne and Seymour played against the Blues at weekend the latter getting injured .

Can only say what I have seen really, they did indeed play for Glasgow...
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 1:17pm
To be honest they are a shoe in to win their conference as they only really have Munster to worry about and they have a big lead already. We are in a fight for 2nd place and need all the points we can get. This fact may have a huge influence on the sides selected. We are going to be missing Parkes, Cawdor & Ken along with Halfpenny, Blade, Samson & probably Foxy from our best current 23. Thats enough talent missing, hopefully the rest all play. 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 3:04pm
Canny Scots trying to lull us into a false sense of security?
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Shouldn’t be unlikely to win we have a good record up there.
Agree but that should fire them up I would have thought. Even their own fans joked about areas of their pitch which only Scarlets seem to be able to access.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

15 - Johnny McNicholl
14 - Tom Prydie
13 - Jonathan Davies
12 - Kieran Fonotia
11 - Steff Evans
10 - Rhys Patchell
9 - Sam Hidalgo-Clyne
8 - Uzair Cassiem 
7 - Will Boyde 
6 - Ed Kennedy
5 - Steve Cummins
4 - Jake Ball
3 - Werner Kruger
2 - Ryan Elias
1 - Rob Evans

Replacements:

16 - Dafydd Hughes
17 - Wyn Jones
18 - Simon Gardiner
19 - David Bulbring
20 - Lewis Rawlins
21 - Sam Hidalgo Clyne
22 - Dan Jones
23 - Paul Asquith

Looks pretty close to this I think...
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

15 - Johnny McNicholl
14 - Tom Prydie
13 - Jonathan Davies
12 - Kieran Fonotia
11 - Steff Evans
10 - Rhys Patchell
9 - Sam Hidalgo-Clyne
8 - Uzair Cassiem 
7 - Will Boyde 
6 - Ed Kennedy
5 - Steve Cummins
4 - Jake Ball
3 - Werner Kruger
2 - Ryan Elias
1 - Rob Evans

Replacements:

16 - Dafydd Hughes
17 - Wyn Jones
18 - Simon Gardiner
19 - David Bulbring
20 - Lewis Rawlins
21 - Sam Hidalgo Clyne
22 - Dan Jones
23 - Paul Asquith

Looks pretty close to this I think...

I'd start with Kieran Hardy. A little much to expect SHC to do 2 shifts !
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 5:03pm
Yes sorry.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 5:27pm

Yes would not argue with the above selection .
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 5:39pm
Just listening to Pivac’s interview,got the notion that Foxy may not figure.
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2018 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Just listening to Pivac’s interview,got the notion that Foxy may not figure.

I don't think there is a need to risk Foxy. Fonotia is smashing it out of the park at the moment, and got the feeling against Ulster Asquith is starting to fire at 12. Massive selection headache against Ulster next week. I guess he'll go Parkes/Foxy but on form is that the right call?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic