Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thank you Dragons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thank you Dragons
    Posted: 26 November 2018 at 1:41am
Beat conference rivals Edinburgh - was not expecting that
Scarlets before Wales
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 9:47am
It was a good win - they deserved it. Ollie Griffiths deservedly MoM - maybe he'll get into the Wales squad, with Ellis Jenkins injured.

From a Scarlets PoV it was an excellent result, keeping Edinburgh some distance behind in the table.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 10:18am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

It was a good win - they deserved it. Ollie Griffiths deservedly MoM - maybe he'll get into the Wales squad, with Ellis Jenkins injured.

From a Scarlets PoV it was an excellent result, keeping Edinburgh some distance behind in the table.

An excellent and unexpected bonus for us. Cockers moaning about lack of preparation time as they are away against Munster next Friday and he will not be selecting any of his Internationals. If we can get a result in Glasgow we could see even more daylight between us & Edinburgh. 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 10:44am
The Dragons played well and deserved to win. Had Tovey kicked a bit better Edinburgh wouldn't even have managed a losing bonus point and only poor control/tactics allowed Edinburgh give them a scary last 5 minutes. |Considering they were also robbed of a victory against the Blues by a bad refereeing decision, they aren't quite the joke that some people make out and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Amos, Ollie Griffiths and Corey Hill in our squad. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

The Dragons played well and deserved to win. Had Tovey kicked a bit better Edinburgh wouldn't even have managed a losing bonus point and only poor control/tactics allowed Edinburgh give them a scary last 5 minutes. |Considering they were also robbed of a victory against the Blues by a bad refereeing decision, they aren't quite the joke that some people make out and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Amos, Ollie Griffiths and Corey Hill in our squad. 

You are right Ffidel. They are certainly an improvement on last season. I would also take their young No 8 who is injured his name escapes me now. Ollie Griffiths is quality and he may well get his chance in the 6 nations with the sad injury to Ellis. . I fear that Cubby, who is still my No 1 7 in Wales, may miss out on World Cup selection as many of the others - Griffiths, Tips, Ellis & Navidi can play across the back row which is correctly a bonus in tournament rugby. Having said that Cubby of course covers 11, 12, 13 & 14!!!!Wink
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 11:54am
Defensively, and as a turnover master, I still rate Cubby as my 1st choice, but as a carrier, with genuine pace, power and penetration Ollie Griffiths would provide an alternative which we haven't got at the moment, and would be devastating coming on for Cassiem  against a tiring opposition, on those occasions when the competition for our backrow was too great for a starting place.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 1:38pm
Anyone gonna mention the elephant in the room?

or the Bernard that was not in the stadium....aherm.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

It may have been a factor, but according to the commentators the Dragons used a different defensive system to the one used by the recently sacked defence coach (whose name I don't know). 
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

You are right Ffidel. They are certainly an improvement on last season. I would also take their young No 8 who is injured his name escapes me now. Ollie Griffiths is quality and he may well get his chance in the 6 nations with the sad injury to Ellis. . I fear that Cubby, who is still my No 1 7 in Wales, may miss out on World Cup selection as many of the others - Griffiths, Tips, Ellis & Navidi can play across the back row which is correctly a bonus in tournament rugby. Having said that Cubby of course covers 11, 12, 13 & 14!!!!Wink

Keddie?
Scarlets before Wales
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Keddie?

Ffidel is very probably referring to Keddie, who was excellent at U-20 level - but he is no longer injured. He played at 6 for the Dragons and did OK, though a lot less prominent than Ollie G.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

don't particularly like Jackman but I understand the ref in question was not allowed to ref his next 5 games.
GreyScarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreyScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 4:57pm
BJ has been banned for his comments on a ref I think - two matches?
Virtually perfect rugby - 1992/93
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by GreyScarlet GreyScarlet wrote:

BJ has been banned for his comments on a ref I think - two matches?

4 games
Scarlets before Wales
drags212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drags212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 11:07pm

Defensively, and as a turnover master, I still rate Cubby as my 1st choice, but as a carrier, with genuine pace, power and penetration Ollie Griffiths would provide an alternative which we haven't got at the moment, and would be devastating coming on for Cassiem  against a tiring opposition, on those occasions when the competition for our backrow was too great for a starting place.

hey, we tied Ollie down to a new 3 year deal last season so hands offWink he is some player though. If he stays fit he will be in that welsh squad im sure of it. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 1:30am
Originally posted by drags212 drags212 wrote:

hey, we tied Ollie down to a new 3 year deal last season so hands offWink he is some player though. If he stays fit he will be in that welsh squad im sure of it. 

Good. He is a local lad.
Scarlets before Wales
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 9:58am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by drags212 drags212 wrote:

Good. He is a local lad.

Can we have Amos then pleeeaaasse? Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic