Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thank you Dragons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 10:24am
Looks like Amos is joining the Blues next season so we may have to make do with Josh Adams!!
 If Ollie Griffiths is tied down then we'll just have to look elsewhere or hope that Carwyn Tuipuloto comes good double quick.
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 11:09am
Sam Moore is a fine prospect & Harrison Keddie has the pedigree but has been hampered by a number of injuries. He tips the scale at around 115-120 kgs I believe which is a good start. 
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Looks like Amos is joining the Blues next season so we may have to make do with Josh Adams!!
 If Ollie Griffiths is tied down then we'll just have to look elsewhere or hope that Carwyn Tuipuloto comes good double quick.

That would be a cracking signing for us to be honest.
Scarlets!!!
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 2:23pm

Isn't Amos studying medicine at Cardiff Medical School in his spare time like Jamie Roberts did ?
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Isn't Amos studying medicine at Cardiff Medical School in his spare time like Jamie Roberts did ?

I understand that is a little on the back burner for now.
Scarlets before Wales
drags212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drags212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Sam Moore is a fine prospect & Harrison Keddie has the pedigree but has been hampered by a number of injuries. He tips the scale at around 115-120 kgs I believe which is a good start. 
Another player we tied down last season to a 3 year deal. He is a huge talent but again needs a good run of games.
drags212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drags212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by drags212 drags212 wrote:

Defensively, and as a turnover master, I still rate Cubby as my 1st choice, but as a carrier, with genuine pace, power and penetration Ollie Griffiths would provide an alternative which we haven't got at the moment, and would be devastating coming on for Cassiem  against a tiring opposition, on those occasions when the competition for our backrow was too great for a starting place.

hey, we tied Ollie down to a new 3 year deal last season so hands offWink he is some player though. If he stays fit he will be in that welsh squad im sure of it. 

Good. He is a local lad.

Can we have Amos then pleeeaaasse? Wink

I hope he stays with us and i know the dragons will fight to keep him at RP but we need a new 10 badly. So if we let go of Amos to be able to bring in a top 10 then thats fine by me. We are covered well in the wing area.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 8:52pm
Welcome drags212.

Always good to have sensible input.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 9:19pm
I’d say it is bad form to belittle the drags and then talk about steeling their players. Some of the membership on here would be going nuts if it was the other way around. Let young local boys stick with local teams and if it doesn’t work out then let them move on.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 10:15pm
Amos will be a Cardiff player next season I think
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
drags212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drags212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Welcome drags212.

Always good to have sensible input.

Thanks mate, I try my best to be sensible
drags212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drags212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

I’d say it is bad form to belittle the drags and then talk about steeling their players. Some of the membership on here would be going nuts if it was the other way around. Let young local boys stick with local teams and if it doesn’t work out then let them move on.

We need 4 strong regions so it's good to see us keeping our best young players at the club. We aren't great right now but I'm hopeful we will get better over a few seasons if we keep our best players and add to our squad with quality.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 8:41am

We need 4 strong regions so it's good to see us keeping our best young players at the club. We aren't great right now but I'm hopeful we will get better over a few seasons if we keep our best players and add to our squad with quality.

You are far better this season to be fair. You have forwards in the Wales squad on merit and if you can keep Dee, Brown, Hill, Wainwright, Moriarty & Griffiths fit and playing you are going to give a lot of teams a game. Your biggest weakness, as you have pointed out, is at 10. Whats the odds on you getting Owen Williams - now that would be an upgrade. 
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 10:01am

You are far better this season to be fair. You have forwards in the Wales squad on merit and if you can keep Dee, Brown, Hill, Wainwright, Moriarty & Griffiths fit and playing you are going to give a lot of teams a game. Your biggest weakness, as you have pointed out, is at 10. Whats the odds on you getting Owen Williams - now that would be an upgrade. 

Yes got a good group going on. I too would hope Amos stays put its the right thing to do. If he does leave however, here is as good a place as any Wink.

I wouldn't say your biggest problem is 10, I'd say your biggest problem is a certain Mr Jackman.
drags212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drags212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 7:54pm

I agree with you, but can we afford him is the issue? Or do we go overseas to try find a top 10. At the supporters meeting our chairman said our playing budget this season is pushing 5 million which is still light years away from you guys and the other 2. We need to find money somewhere aka let players go like Amos and landman if need be.
drags212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drags212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Yes got a good group going on. I too would hope Amos stays put its the right thing to do. If he does leave however, here is as good a place as any Wink.

I wouldn't say your biggest problem is 10, I'd say your biggest problem is a certain Mr Jackman.

Amos is a top player and a top bloke. Can't blame him for getting frustrated so far, but no denying we have a talented side which should be doing better, it's still early In the season so it could get better. We wouldn't be getting rid of jackman I don't feel.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic