Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thank you Dragons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2018 at 10:08am
Originally posted by drags212 drags212 wrote:

Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

I’d say it is bad form to belittle the drags and then talk about steeling their players. Some of the membership on here would be going nuts if it was the other way around. Let young local boys stick with local teams and if it doesn’t work out then let them move on.

We need 4 strong regions so it's good to see us keeping our best young players at the club. We aren't great right now but I'm hopeful we will get better over a few seasons if we keep our best players and add to our squad with quality.

You are far better this season to be fair. You have forwards in the Wales squad on merit and if you can keep Dee, Brown, Hill, Wainwright, Moriarty & Griffiths fit and playing you are going to give a lot of teams a game. Your biggest weakness, as you have pointed out, is at 10. Whats the odds on you getting Owen Williams - now that would be an upgrade. 

Yes got a good group going on. I too would hope Amos stays put its the right thing to do. If he does leave however, here is as good a place as any Wink.

I wouldn't say your biggest problem is 10, I'd say your biggest problem is a certain Mr Jackman.

Amos is a top player and a top bloke. Can't blame him for getting frustrated so far, but no denying we have a talented side which should be doing better, it's still early In the season so it could get better. We wouldn't be getting rid of jackman I don't feel.

Start getting better by shocking Leinster this weekend Big smile. That would be cool!
Sponsored Links

drags212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drags212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2018 at 1:50pm

I’d say it is bad form to belittle the drags and then talk about steeling their players. Some of the membership on here would be going nuts if it was the other way around. Let young local boys stick with local teams and if it doesn’t work out then let them move on.

We need 4 strong regions so it's good to see us keeping our best young players at the club. We aren't great right now but I'm hopeful we will get better over a few seasons if we keep our best players and add to our squad with quality.

You are far better this season to be fair. You have forwards in the Wales squad on merit and if you can keep Dee, Brown, Hill, Wainwright, Moriarty & Griffiths fit and playing you are going to give a lot of teams a game. Your biggest weakness, as you have pointed out, is at 10. Whats the odds on you getting Owen Williams - now that would be an upgrade. 

Yes got a good group going on. I too would hope Amos stays put its the right thing to do. If he does leave however, here is as good a place as any Wink.

I wouldn't say your biggest problem is 10, I'd say your biggest problem is a certain Mr Jackman.

Amos is a top player and a top bloke. Can't blame him for getting frustrated so far, but no denying we have a talented side which should be doing better, it's still early In the season so it could get better. We wouldn't be getting rid of jackman I don't feel.

Start getting better by shocking Leinster this weekend Big smile. That would be cool!

That would be a shock, Leinster could bring there 3rds and give us a good game. But we will see
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2018 at 2:01pm

That would be a shock, Leinster could bring there 3rds and give us a good game. But we will see

On paper you've got the first XV that could cause an upset if you can get them all on the pitch at once Back row of Moriarty, Wainwright, Griffiths will trouble anyone.
drags212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drags212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2018 at 1:35am

On paper you've got the first XV that could cause an upset if you can get them all on the pitch at once Back row of Moriarty, Wainwright, Griffiths will trouble anyone.

This is the 28 man squad which is available to select from for the Leinster game- Dragons: J Williams, J Rosser, H Amos, Z Kirchner, T Morgan, A Warren, J Sage, J Dixon, J Tovey, A Robson, R Williams, R Davies, T Knoyle, R Bevington, A Jarvis, R Hibbard, E Dee, L Fairbrother, L Brown, L Evans, R Landman, B Nansen, C Hill, H Keddie, N Cudd, O Griffiths, R Moriarty, A Wainwright.

It's a strong squad but Leinster aren't European and pro14 champions for no reason. I'd like to think we can stay in the game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic