Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets & Ospreys to play home matches on JD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sreve19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 6:52pm
ago at 6:32pm Quote Wasp Quote Post Reply Reply
JD is crap. No atmosphere. At least half the crowd have no investment in the teams playing and are just there to experience the stadium.

Awful beer is £5/ pint as well

And our stadium beer is awful , just slightly cheaper. 🤔
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by sreve19 sreve19 wrote:

ago at 6:32pm Quote Wasp Quote Post Reply Reply
JD is crap. No atmosphere. At least half the crowd have no investment in the teams playing and are just there to experience the stadium.

Awful beer is £5/ pint as well

And our stadium beer is awful , just slightly cheaper. 🤔

Yes but as you know Steve, I can have a pint or two of Gold in the Sessile Oak first, and have Mal drive me home. He won’t do that in Cardiff
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

And it's 100 miles each way and costs a packet to get there!!!

Tenner on a bus?
What bus?
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 7:28pm
I can live with it if Nigel Short tells me that there’s a significant cash boost. I don’t believe it does anything to grow our fan base though. If anything it makes it harder to form the habit of regular attendance at PYS. The season is fractured enough already.

I will concede that it does get a fair chunk of publicity
SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 7:30pm
Thats our xmas game down the pan then .
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Why don't we play 5 or 6 of our games there then? And get a cool half million?

Was that an option then? Childish.
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 8:45pm
I’m not a fan of playing home fixtures away!   Travel. Parking. Different seats.   It’s a very bad idea and all for money. Sod the fans
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 9:04pm
Yea not a fan of this idea
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 9:12pm
I can get a train from Llanharan to Cardiff in 20 mins. Last Friday our journey to PYS took 2 hours. But I’d still prefer that to Cardiff. If I wanted to watch rugby in Cardiff I’d support the Blues

Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 9:44pm
Never been to one one of these pantomime events but know quite a few who do so without fail. Typically JD is the only time they'll pay out any shekels to watch pro rugby in the season. If it makes commercial sense then so be it. Hopefully this will mean that we get back to having the odd meaningful game at Dave Parade again...
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by SAV SAV wrote:

Thats our xmas game down the pan then .

That won’t happen
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Winston Winston wrote:

I’m not a fan of playing home fixtures away!   Travel. Parking. Different seats.   It’s a very bad idea and all for money. Sod the fans

The whole idea of building PYS was to monetise it.
I’ll wait and see what the details look like, if we make big dosh etc.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Why don't we play 5 or 6 of our games there then? And get a cool half million?

Was that an option then? Childish.

Cool beans
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 10:03pm
Why not reduce the cost of the ST to reflect that there are only 10 home matches    If anyone want to go to JD they just pay. Rather than force us to this pantomime in order to maximum our ST cost. It’s a joke
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 10:15pm
When Gloucester’s new Stand was started we played the last league match at Ashton Gate - against Bristol as it happened. We were offered the cost of the rail ticket. A coach. Or the money back. We were not expected to go. Given no choice.   We were offered a choice
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Winston Winston wrote:

When Gloucester’s new Stand was started we played the last league match at Ashton Gate - against Bristol as it happened. We were offered the cost of the rail ticket. A coach. Or the money back. We were not expected to go. Given no choice.   We were offered a choice

Wasn't Gloucester owned by a billionaire family then?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic