Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets & Ospreys to play home matches on JD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Winston Winston wrote:

Why not reduce the cost of the ST to reflect that there are only 10 home matches    If anyone want to go to JD they just pay. Rather than force us to this pantomime in order to maximum our ST cost. It’s a joke

The point is that there will be 11 hone fixtures, it's just that one of them will be at PS. As Martyn Phillips' press release said, this game will be covered by the cost of the season ticket.

Sponsored Links

Gastric Band View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gastric Band Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 12:55am

"The point is that there will be 11 hone fixtures, it's just that one of them will be at PS". Is this a windup comment? Does it mean that home games can be played anywhere, as long as they are called home games and admission is covered by a season ticket it is fine.
Gastric
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 1:03am
Mixed opinion on it, but generally I do like Judgement Day as an event. And while I dislike losing a game from Y Parc, I think it unfair that I expect the Dragons to lose a home game each time too. With 80% or 20% of gate receipts on offer too, then the cash benefit is pretty solid.
Scarlets before Wales
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 7:32am
that's the way to go,give up one of the few occasions the parc gets filled.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 7:37am
Its down to money. If its more profitable for the club, great. If not, whats the point. Most people have to travel to the home games from dustance anyway, so a little further wont matter. Plus you get a chance to watch the blues stuff the ospreys too.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 7:40am
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Its down to money. If its more profitable for the club, great. If not, whats the point. Most people have to travel to the home games from dustance anyway, so a little further wont matter. Plus you get a chance to watch the blues stuff the ospreys too.
we will be playing the ospreys not the blues.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 7:42am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Uh no we won't
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 8:00am
How much money do the Blues and Dragons make on this event each year?  A quick calculation - say 50k tickets sold at £10 each.  That's £500k split 80% goes East and 20% goes West.

So Blues and Dragons each get £200k per year (which is enough to fund a quality experienced player) and Scarlets /Ospreys each get £50k per year.

It's a no brainer, we had to do it - plus we all get to sit together and create a Scarlets atmosphere at the PS.  

In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 8:15am
just think its a rubbish decision. hope they give season ticket holders the option of money back for that 1 game. the season was based on games in PYS not up that stadium with all the idiots in it. have been a few times to the JD and have not enjoyed them, its getting like the internationals and the idiot drunks there who are there for the drink.
I thought the reason to have season tickets is for HOME games and to fill PYS. if its going down that way, why not share with another team their stadium.
Whether its money or not and I cant see up making much on it to be honest as the attendance is usually 50000 and that divided by 4 and then the cut of the union taken off it what is the difference? tickets will be cut down as well to £10 or £5 so that profit will go for that too.

Also I thought scarlets play home games in PYS
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 8:43am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

just think its a rubbish decision. hope they give season ticket holders the option of money back for that 1 game. the season was based on games in PYS not up that stadium with all the idiots in it. have been a few times to the JD and have not enjoyed them, its getting like the internationals and the idiot drunks there who are there for the drink.
I thought the reason to have season tickets is for HOME games and to fill PYS. if its going down that way, why not share with another team their stadium.
Whether its money or not and I cant see up making much on it to be honest as the attendance is usually 50000 and that divided by 4 and then the cut of the union taken off it what is the difference? tickets will be cut down as well to £10 or £5 so that profit will go for that too.

Also I thought scarlets play home games in PYS

General ticket prices, which have been frozen at £10 for the last three years, are increasing for the 2019 event, however, the introduction of an ‘early bird’ offer will ensure tickets also remain available at the frozen price (which includes £5 concession) to all supporters, if bought in the lower tier before Tuesday 4th December.

General prices are £25 middle tier (£10 concession) and revert to £15 for both lower and upper tier adult tickets after the ‘early bird’ lower tier offer ends - with the £10, U16 concession ticket remaining to ensure the family event is accessible for all..
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 9:46am
I use the old Swalec Cup trips to that there capital as my point of reference.
Doesn't quite get me by, but it helps, as will being able to buy seats in an area together...could get loud and messy.
Raised By Peregos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Raised By Peregos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 9:52am
100-mile round trip is nothing. We do a 150-mile round trip every home game, and on a Friday because of the Brynglas tunnels and Port Talbot onwards, the whole trip takes upwards of 7 hours. 

I think you could all manage to go to Cardiff, on a Saturday, once a season. 
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Raised By Peregos Raised By Peregos wrote:

100-mile round trip is nothing. We do a 150-mile round trip every home game, and on a Friday because of the Brynglas tunnels and Port Talbot onwards, the whole trip takes upwards of 7 hours. 

I think you could all manage to go to Cardiff, on a Saturday, once a season. 
Clap
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 10:06am
One game every other season will not hurt us & we should get more money in the pocket that we do at the moment.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 10:14am
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Uh no we won't
sorry,misunderstood the situation.Embarrassed
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 10:24am
Silly question by me... We all have different tier season tickets, some of us have programmes, hospitality, clubhouse access etc.

Will we get the same privileges at the Principality? Hospitality for Hospitality?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic