Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pivac on Steff, Adams and Cubby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cymru2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pivac on Steff, Adams and Cubby
    Posted: 27 November 2018 at 12:46pm
looks like we will be taking / have been talking to Josh Adams as we would all hope and expect.

everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Sponsored Links

surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 12:54pm
Not much detail, but he says he wants to keep Steff, would welcome Josh and Cubby is flying and ahead of schedule. Thumbs Up

Joshua24:15
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 12:56pm
Great to hear that Cubby is back hopefully for the 7/12/2018 Heineken must win. Best news I have had all season on the injury front. Get some more good news soon on Aaron hopefully. 
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 1:06pm
The headline is about Adams, but the real story is about Cubby.

That's massive for us. Our game depends so much on what he brings.
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 2:22pm
This story just tells me we're not signing Adams and this is a last ditch attempt to put our name out there,like with North. I think it makes us look bad. Adams is probably going to the Blues, we'd have already spoken to him if he were coming here.
Holmes is the one I'd like to see come here, and Liam of course.

The real story is Cubby, that boy is a machine
Grammar School Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 2:24pm
Liam extended into his third season with Sarries...through 2019/20
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

This story just tells me we're not signing Adams and this is a last ditch attempt to put our name out there,like with North. I think it makes us look bad. Adams is probably going to the Blues, we'd have already spoken to him if he were coming here.
Holmes is the one I'd like to see come here, and Liam of course.

The real story is Cubby, that boy is a machine

Maybe McNichol has agreed to stay and we have deemed it better to put financial resources elsewhere, but made noises about Josh to raise his price for the other regions. The Os did that to us 2-3 years ago with Scottie (although they did want him). 
Scarlets before Wales
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 4:16pm
We released Adams and brought in Tom Williams. Not our finest decision and one I whined about at the time.

It must be a factor in Josh's decision making.

Edited by Wil Chips - 27 November 2018 at 4:23pm
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

We released Adams. It must be a factor in his decision making, however hard we try to blank out our mistakes.

Was it a mistake though? At that time he just wasnt cutting the mustard. A few years more experience and now he fits the bill. Players know that. Different structure now as well so there is no baggage.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 4:25pm
Sorry I changed my post since you replied.

It was demonstrably a mistake. A big one.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Sorry I changed my post since you replied.

It was demonstrably a mistake. A big one.
it only looks like a mistake now. He was told he needed another years development with the RFC side. He opted for a deal with Worcester instead....who loaned him out to the championship side. Since then he has progressed into the first team at Worcester after having what was suggested to him here. Nearly a whole season in England’s second divisions. So not really a mistake as even Worcester farmed him out first as he wasn’t ready for pro rugby at the time.

I don’t see him coming back personally though.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 6:14pm
Sorry it doesn’t look like a mistake to me at all. It was one. We didn’t recognise his talent, declined to invest in his future as a pro player, and he sought to try and make a living in rugby elsewhere. Made a good fist of it too. All credit to him.

Sometimes we need to recognise we aren’t exempt from the odd error in judgement.
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Grammar School Boy Grammar School Boy wrote:

Liam extended into his third season with Sarries...through 2019/20

Not a bad thing with RWC taking up a chunk of next season.  He can finish the season there, exhausted, have a good summer off and be back to us fresh and raring to go.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 7:44pm
Liam wont be going to the world cup under current rules. Hes jyst signed a new contract, makingbhim unavsilable under the 60 cap rule. Same as webb.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Liam wont be going to the world cup under current rules. Hes jyst signed a new contract, makingbhim unavsilable under the 60 cap rule. Same as webb.
Yes he will be because he hasn’t signed a new contract he’s just taken up the final year of his current deal
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 8:09pm
Gatland said any signing of contracts negates previous contracts and is classed as a new deal.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic