Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pivac on Steff, Adams and Cubby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

We released Adams and brought in Tom Williams. Not our finest decision and one I whined about at the time.

It must be a factor in Josh's decision making.

The person who made that decision is leaving though.

And it’s probably not worth his while holding a grudge against Pivac!
Sponsored Links

whataguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whataguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 8:10pm
For what it's worth..
I asked josh Adams, will he be coming back to the scarlets anytime soon. His reply shocked me. He said "Oh,I really hope so".
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Gatland said any signing of contracts negates previous contracts and is classed as a new deal.
He hasn’t signed a new contract. Tomas Francis is in the same boat. Both are still eligible to play for Wales
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Gatland said any signing of contracts negates previous contracts and is classed as a new deal.
He hasn’t signed a new contract. Tomas Francis is in the same boat. Both are still eligible to play for Wales

To me its wrong. If they sign anything that lengthens their stay across the border they should fall under the new rule. Thats how i interpreted gatland and his comment. They are deciding not to come home so they should fall under the same rule as others.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 8:48pm

To me its wrong. If they sign anything that lengthens their stay across the border they should fall under the new rule. Thats how i interpreted gatland and his comment. They are deciding not to come home so they should fall under the same rule as others.

But it’s not a new contract, it’s an extension of the existing contract, the option of which was written into the original deal.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 8:57pm

Sorry it doesn’t look like a mistake to me at all. It was one. We didn’t recognise his talent, declined to invest in his future as a pro player, and he sought to try and make a living in rugby elsewhere. Made a good fist of it too. All credit to him.

Sometimes we need to recognise we aren’t exempt from the odd error in judgement.

So was it definitely the case we snubbed him and said he needed another year with the Rfc? I remember the season he went people talking about him and he was v good in the u20s that year. I guess sometimes you make 50/50 calls on players like Baldwin and Conbeer and then later on they get really good. Hard to predict I suppose? The one thing Josh always had was speed and size which makes you wonder why Garland didn’t get involved in the early stages as he lives this type of player.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Sorry it doesn’t look like a mistake to me at all. It was one. We didn’t recognise his talent, declined to invest in his future as a pro player, and he sought to try and make a living in rugby elsewhere. Made a good fist of it too. All credit to him.

Sometimes we need to recognise we aren’t exempt from the odd error in judgement.

So was it definitely the case we snubbed him and said he needed another year with the Rfc? I remember the season he went people talking about him and he was v good in the u20s that year. I guess sometimes you make 50/50 calls on players like Baldwin and Conbeer and then later on they get really good. Hard to predict I suppose? The one thing Josh always had was speed and size which makes you wonder why Garland didn’t get involved in the early stages as he loves this type of player.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 9:41pm

I agree with you but it is what it is
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 10:05pm

Yes that is of course true, but it has to be seen in the context of barely being able to remain solvent time, in relation to the climate in England. We have never had the luxury of keeping all the potential talent on the books, unfortunately.

That said, it was a mistake.

Edited by Wasp - 27 November 2018 at 10:07pm
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2018 at 10:43pm

Liam wont be going to the world cup under current rules. Hes jyst signed a new contract, makingbhim unavsilable under the 60 cap rule. Same as webb.
Yes he will be because he hasn’t signed a new contract he’s just taken up the final year of his current deal

Exactly. You think Liam would be so dumb as to sign a contract knowing he misses the RWC?? Having said that Webb did, but he claims he was unaware. So ....
Scarlets before Wales
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 8:21am
Liam has just taken an option of the ORIGINAL contract by extending it by the extra year.

The original contract was for 3 years with the option of either party able to walk away after 2. Neither did.

In my humble opinion I see nothing wrong with this.

I do hope one day to see him back, but I have my doubts.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 10:06am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Liam wont be going to the world cup under current rules. Hes jyst signed a new contract, makingbhim unavsilable under the 60 cap rule. Same as webb.
Yes he will be because he hasn’t signed a new contract he’s just taken up the final year of his current deal

Exactly. You think Liam would be so dumb as to sign a contract knowing he misses the RWC?? Having said that Webb did, but he claims he was unaware. So ....

I think you'll see Webb back at a Welsh region either in the summer or before the end of the season and I think you'll see him as Wales' starting 9 at the World Cup.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 10:09am
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

I think you'll see Webb back at a Welsh region either in the summer or before the end of the season and I think you'll see him as Wales' starting 9 at the World Cup.

Now that is not out of the question. Toulon are not going very well this season and seem in a little disarray. 
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 10:14am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Now that is not out of the question. Toulon are not going very well this season and seem in a little disarray. 

They've also signed the French 9 for next season, forget his name, and Webb has only played twice this season last time I checked. And we know how Banjolele or whatever his name is feels about players who miss a lot of games....they don't last long.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 11:41am
Webb has been out injured for weeks.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 4:13pm
Clubs can’t see into the future. You can’t say they made the wrong decision. Some players have left and disappeared off the radar.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic