Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Food

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Food
    Posted: 28 November 2018 at 4:33pm
Now then all you healthy eaters. Any reason why they don’t serve up good old chips at PYS. Either in the ground or the barn. Or have I missed them
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Winston Winston wrote:

Now then all you healthy eaters. Any reason why they don’t serve up good old chips at PYS. Either in the ground or the barn. Or have I missed them

The Club are trying to encourage healthy eating in response to a request from some supporters. There has also been an issue with the frying ranges. They did serve them in the north Concourse I believe, but not sure if they have any plans to reintroduce them.
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 5:20pm
Isn’t life about choice. The club give us the choice and we make it. I eat very healthy normally but sometimes I love a bag of chips. Understand about frying them but most other grounds I’ve been have chips as an option
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 5:52pm
By the way chips are not unhealthy   We had a nutritionist at a cricket meeting recently. Yes it’s carb. A lot of things are carb. And depending on how they are cooked there will be fat. Something that apparently our bodies need   Now am I to assume that the pies on offer are healthy?
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2018 at 6:05am

By the way chips are not unhealthy   We had a nutritionist at a cricket meeting recently. Yes it’s carb. A lot of things are carb. And depending on how they are cooked there will be fat. Something that apparently our bodies need   Now am I to assume that the pies on offer are healthy?
have you tried contacting the club?
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2018 at 9:43am

I suspect that working with very hot oil and kids/casual staff cooking them up is a risk factor as well as cleaning up the friers . I love chips but we are only talking about a 2 hour spot in one's life going to watch a game of rugby and to me, the easier and safer that food is packaged up for those who really need to eat the better. It also should be quicker to serve people with packaged up food. I cant really get wound up over these things personally.
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2018 at 10:45am
I’m not getting wound up. I’m asking a question.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2018 at 11:06am

The issue was discussed at the CRYS16 AGM. Members agreed that the Club should try and set an example for younger supporters by offering healthier eating options. The rise in obesity levels among children is alarming. Many schools now limit the availability of chips in their canteens. Sadly many schools have had problems with chip vans parking outside school gates at lunchtimes.

Many children aren't offered healthier alternatives at home. Supporters decided that we would approach the Club with a view to offering healthier options. No one says that chips are unhealthy.

You may be getting ahead of yourself with pies, however the Club is trying to move towards offering healthier options at the stadium. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2018 at 12:06pm

I’m not getting wound up. I’m asking a question.
I said I cant get wound up .Wasn't speaking for you just me. Smile

Edited by reesytheexile - 29 November 2018 at 1:00pm
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2018 at 1:02pm
I don’t see how children would be hurt as they wouldn’t be allowed in the food preparation area. Must be another reason
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2018 at 1:30pm
what about tripe?
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2018 at 1:33pm
Never had that. Is it tasty and does it come with chips
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2018 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

what about tripe?
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2018 at 1:36pm

Never had that. Is it tasty and does it come with chips
didn't they serve it at Gloucester?Shocked
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2018 at 4:56pm
If they did I missed it. But all the outlets served chips. Mind you on a Friday night you’d be at the chippie just over the road.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2018 at 2:28pm
What about a good old scotch egg, a proper farm shop offering............now we're talking Thumbs Up
Scarlets!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic