Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team vs Ulster (h) (Europe)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 7:28pm
Over reaction me thinks. We will win don’t panic. Our second rows always step up on these occasions.

Asquith unlucky, hope Prydie performs. Speight is a handful remember so may he’s picked to mark him?

Great to see Hardie - reminds me of Gar D in younger days. Expecting a big game out of Cassiem too, he’s slowly getting better.
Sponsored Links

Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Over reaction me thinks. We will win don’t panic. Our second rows always step up on these occasions.

Asquith unlucky, hope Prydie performs. Speight is a handful remember so maybe he’s picked to mark him?

Great to see Hardie - reminds me of Gar D in younger days. Expecting a big game out of Cassiem too, he’s slowly getting better.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by scarletsbeno1 scarletsbeno1 wrote:

Because Parkes has been dreadful all season

I would say "not at his best". His worse is better than a lot of centers out there on a good day. Dreadful.....That was a bit harsh imho
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 8:40pm
Best team available. Yes, it’s a shame that Asquith isn’t in the 23, but Parkes is someone the Pivac relies on heavily, and has great confidence in. I agree his form has been ropey this season but I wonder whether he has recovered fully from his very serious finger injury sustained in the first test against Argentina.
Fonotia deserves to keep his starting position based on his performances this season, and like I’ve said already on another thread, he can only improve by playing in a settled backline.
I’m also concerned about our lack of physical edge up front. Ball is our only real ball carrier in the pack and he’s unavailable. If we are going to win we need big games from Cubby, Bullbring and Cassiem, something I’m confident they have in them.
Pob lwc Scarlets
mammamammon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mammamammon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 9:12pm
I hope Cubby can steal some ball, something we’ve been lacking all season. Crucial to the way we play best.

And no stupid mistakes, poor decisions or basic errors please (some things we haven’t been lacking recently).
mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com
Maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 9:25pm
For their mega pay cheques, you'd expect a bit more.
Give Blood, Play Rugby
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 9:41pm
It's eve of an European game and I for am looking forward to the encounter. Time to get behind the troops and cheer the team on to victory. C'mon Scarlets
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

The scarlet tinted specs need to come off, we are not playing well. If we're gonna win we need to play out of our skins, and our big names need to turn up.

Half right - or half the story. Scarlets not at their best, but Ulster haven't been pulling up trees, either. At home, I fancy Scarlets to win... the rather lightweight scrum is the main point of concern.

“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Originally posted by scarletsbeno1 scarletsbeno1 wrote:

Because Parkes has been dreadful all season

I would say "not at his best". His worse is better than a lot of centers out there on a good day. Dreadful.....That was a bit harsh imho

Yes, that's fair - Hadleigh is one of several players yet to hit top form this season, but even then he's usually tidy... and he'll provide some leadership off the bench.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 11:48pm
Difficult decision to drop Hildago-Clyne for Hardy (or is he injured) and I wonder what it will take for Asquith to get into the team. Saved our bacon several times last season, at crucial times.
Unfortunately we havent gelled well this season. But I hope we can get the win evenif it makes little difference to the european group. Would be a good platform for the rest of the season.

Edited by EJPT - 06 December 2018 at 11:49pm
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 11:59pm
I hope we are going to play the conditions. It's supposed to be very windy with showers, so elaborate, multi-phase passing moves will not be easy and we've managed to make more than our usual quota of mistakes recently in much better conditions to those predicted for tomorrow.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2018 at 5:38am
Originally posted by Maple Maple wrote:

Been watching Man U again..
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2018 at 7:30am

There is no mega bucks in rugby. Raheem sterling earns more in a day than some rugby players get in a year. Compare that to the top earners in the club, he most probably earns more in 5 days than they do in a year.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2018 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

There is no mega bucks in rugby. Raheem sterling earns more in a day than some rugby players get in a year. Compare that to the top earners in the club, he most probably earns more in 5 days than they do in a year.

Depends what you call 'Mega Bucks'

Quote online
"Halfpenny, Jonathan Davies thought to be earning around the £350-375,000 a year"

Pretty hefty in my opinion, but I agree with you, it's minuscule in comparison to football.

scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2018 at 8:39am
Think it’s a good team actually with a good bench the only eyebrow raiser for me is Asquith think he’s the best utility back we have and consistently reliable. Just hope that we have had our post international pile of poop game gone out of our system no pun intended and crack on!!
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2018 at 10:20am
Was frustrating watching the Glasgow game, I hope they're all fired up for tonight.

Love seeing Rawlins name on the team sheet, gives us that little bit of a spark, does anyone know what's up with Ed Kennedy, is he out for a long time? Good ball carrier.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic