Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team vs Ulster (h) (Europe)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 2:16pm
[QUOTE=supertaf]Surprised Cummins on bench but then we should see the bench as the finishers so maybe that's Wayne's plan. Hardy ahead of SHC, Asquith must be gutted.[/QUOTE

If Asquith is fit then its a huge mistake in my opinion. He is one of our game changers along with Steff & Jonny. We are chasing nothing worse than a win and need our firepower on the field.
Sponsored Links

henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 2:42pm
They have the upper hand in the backs and based on recent performances they'll probably have it up front as well. This is an absolute mountain to climb given our current state, I can't see us winning, but I hope we don't embarrass ourselves and ship 50-60 points. I have a bad feeling.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 2:45pm
Asquith doesn't get in ahead of Parkes so unfortunately there's not enough room for him, we need leaders in the 22 so Parkes is a must. If he's off at the end of the season then perhap he hasn't been as committed.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

They have the upper hand in the backs and based on recent performances they'll probably have it up front as well. This is an absolute mountain to climb given our current state, I can't see us winning, but I hope we don't embarrass ourselves and ship 50-60 points. I have a bad feeling.
What nonsenseLOL 
In our last three games we have beaten them by 17 and lost away to Glasgow and Edinburgh.
They've lost to us by 17 and beaten Cardiff and Benetton by a combined 9 points.
We're on equal points in the league.
We have 11 internationals in our starting team to their 10.

It's a very even game.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 2:51pm
We need people who can make things happen & frankly I would have picked Asquith ahead of Prydie. Fonotia deserves his place in all fairness and his defence will be tested by the straight running Mckloskey. I have a real fear we are going to be overrun by their ball carriers with a lightweight back 5 unable to cope. I really hope I am wrong. Its great to see Cubby back. 
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 3:01pm

I don’t recall us conceding 50 or 60 points at home so far this century, so try not to let that worry keep you up tonight.
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 3:01pm
Would have had Asquith on bench instead of Dan. Agree our lack of physicality in back 5 is and continues to be our achilles.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

Would have had Asquith on bench instead of Dan. Agree our lack of physicality in back 5 is and continues to be our achilles.

I hope that Wil is right and they do play an open passing game which will help our game as we certainly have mobility. I have to say though that if I were coaching Ulster I would kick to back third, with wind and rain forecast, chase hard & wait for mistakes driving hard off 9 & rucks. But hey I am not coaching Ulster!!!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 3:31pm
The scarlet tinted specs need to come off, we are not playing well. If we're gonna win we need to play out of our skins, and our big names need to turn up.

Cubby should make a massive difference so that does give me some hope. It's a lot to ask of him but he always hits the ground running.
TheKing View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 3:52pm
Prydie over Asquith continues to absolutely baffle me.

Why separate a centre partnership that has just cleanswept the autumn internationals?

I assume Jake, Blade and Josh are all injured?

Nice to see our full compliment of front rowers available. Hopefully they will all be given good game time to wear the opposition down, as they’re all as good as each other.
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 4:20pm
Because Parkes has been dreadful all season
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 4:27pm
Strong winds and rain forecast. Best kicking game wins. The Irish excel at this. Going to be tough. Close game,few tries, possible draw. 🙄
Keep the faith
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by TheKing TheKing wrote:

Why separate a centre partnership that has just cleanswept the autumn internationals?

Yes. 2 concussions and I can't remember with Josh
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Grammar School Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 5:39pm
That back row is really undersized..could be a long night..
trident View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by TheKing TheKing wrote:

Yes. 2 concussions and I can't remember with Josh

Josh has a Foot fracture if I remember correctly
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

I don’t recall us conceding 50 or 60 points at home so far this century, so try not to let that worry keep you up tonight.

Not quite but been close with the odd few games over the years. I remember that Trevino game before our playoff game away to Ulster which was a 40 plus pointer against us
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic