Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ken Owens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ken Owens
    Posted: 29 December 2018 at 8:52pm
Please please can someone lend this guy a braincell. He turns down a kick in front of the posts against ulster when we can’t win set piece. Tonight he turns down 3 kicks in front of the posts. Like we were likely to break down their defence    Thank god their lineout didn’t function
Sponsored Links

Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 8:55pm
I imagine that the orders must be coming from upstairs to go to the corner. Otherwise Pivac would have drilled it into him to take easy points after Ulster.

We have consistently turned down relatively easy points and gone to the corner to build pressure and go for 7 over the past few seasons. It's just now we have such a poor ability to score tries that its becoming more obviously a bad decision. I'd imagine this falls more on Pivac. 

Edited by Sosban89 - 29 December 2018 at 8:56pm
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 8:58pm
Well if we can see it from the stand why can’t the high priced help. Dire. Sooner they go to wales the better
Pentigili View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Pentigili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 9:22pm
WHilst many of us may not agree with Kens decision making on all occasions I find your comments regarding our most commited player and a respected british lion and scarlets captain to be inappropriate however disapppinted we may feel toniight a little respect would not go amiss.
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 9:28pm
It’s not the first time. The same against Ulster. I’m not doubting him as a player   This is about his leadership. Making the correct decisions when needed   If he was acting under order from Pivac then I apologise.   Pivac needs to put his hand up and take the blame. God help Wales if he can’t read a game
Pentigili View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentigili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 9:33pm
I think you can make your point without being offensive
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 9:38pm
May I ask which option you believe he should have taken
Pentigili View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pentigili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 9:48pm
Read my post nothing to do with decision making more to do with you being unecessarily offensive.For the record I thought we should have taken the points but that would have made no difference to the result.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Winston Winston wrote:

May I ask which option you believe he should have taken

You joined this forum only a few months back and your views have become steadily more negative about the Scarlets and the Stadium. Your last post is not that expected of a proper fan. If they are such an awful team, you may care to go back to your beloved Gloucester and insult them!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Pentigili Pentigili wrote:

Read my post nothing to do with decision making more to do with you being unecessarily offensive.For the record I thought we should have taken the points but that would have made no difference to the result.
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 10:00pm
I’m amazed by the negativity on this forum   Please check the thread following the team announcement. Also the supporters that I meet seem resigned to their team not playing well. Yes I was with Gloucester for many seasons where there is much passion. They will be very upset at today’s result. I am a passionate person. If I have something to say then I’ll say if. Sometimes it takes a newbie to say something. I’m sorry if you think that I should go back to Gloucester. I changed clubs as I relocated. I came to Scarlets to watch attractive rugby.   Scarlets like wales mostly have attractive backs but need the front five to win the ball and the back three to win the breakdown. All simple stuff. But when thats not happening and confidence is clearly low then for goodness sake take the points
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 10:13pm
Winston,
It’s a raw place tonight after what was served up to us.

IMO I think you’ve copped some flak from a normally very reserved and extremely long-standing mild mannered Scarlets supporter. No, he doesn’t get changed in a telephone box 😉

You wear your heart on your sleeve and write what you observe. Sometimes it’s a bit raw too hence the reactions. I nearly enquired whether you’d be commuting back to Gloucester. I thought better of it.

You arrived at a time when we had potentially our most successful season for 12/13 years. We’ve been on a downward slope these last 6 weeks and I for one look forward to feeling the g-forces when the roller coaster starts ascending again.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 10:18pm
Haha. I did blame my wife tonight. I said Scarlets had won every match before she started coming.   Should have beaten Racing. No idea how they came to within a point of Ulster.   Tonight was dreadful. Can’t tackle for toffee. What I have observed is that the diehard supporters always mention Gloucester instead of looking closer to home. Night good sir. Time to retire
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 10:32pm

I love Ken a great Scarlet!  but  the decision making  when coming to take penalties as cost us dear this season, with Ulster away Racing home cost us the game, Ospreys home 12-15 points and tonight at least 9-12 points and  we would not have been chasing .

I was up at an A game early in the season and raised these concerns with a Scarlets coach, who tried explaining the plan but it aside of Kings away we have not nailed any of the turned down penalty kicks which as cost us dear criminal .
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 10:37pm
I love Ken he's a warrior. The hits he put in tonight and last week were huge but... Take the fkn points mun!!!

Supposedly the best goalkicker in the world in our ranks for the last season and we don't use him, what a waste! (I know Leigh didn't play today but in general)
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2018 at 10:47pm
During a game when Ken was in the commentary box last season, I clearly remember him saying he always goes for the 3 points when on offer. So maybe the opening post is barking up the wrong tree.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic