Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ken Owens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 10:58am
Give Winston a break lads he is surely entitled to his opinion. He's paid his money to follow the Scarlets and is free to say what he wants - he didn't say anything controversial surely. Our leadership in general has been poor & only improved in my mind when Scott or Barclay were leading.

Ken's committment to the cause is unquestionable but that doesn't absolve him from mistakes in leadership. AWJ would have taken those penalties and I wouldn't have fancied any coaches chances of overruling him. He has a feel for the game as he is in the middle of the action.
Sponsored Links

NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Winston Winston wrote:

Well if we can see it from the stand why can’t the high priced help. Dire. Sooner they go to wales the better

Didn't take you long to turn.
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 11:13am
Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

Well if we can see it from the stand why can’t the high priced help. Dire. Sooner they go to wales the better

And I’ve turned why.   Because some on here don’t like what is staring them in the face
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 11:20am
And just for the record I will be at PYS next week and the coming weeks come what may. Even though I have to swap shifts at work and have a two hour round trip. Oh and I didn’t leave early   I just express my opinion. I do admit to not being one eyed.
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 12:21pm

Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

And I’ve turned why.   Because some on here don’t like what is staring them in the face

I don't think anyone has an issue with you taking issue with the fact we turned down kicks, i am on the same mind as you, the issue is the way you expressed it. your post a few posts later explained perfectly how you felt...without the personal attack.
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 12:35pm
Thank you for recognising that.   I realise that as a newbie I haven’t yet earned the right to criticise anything Scarlets and perhaps I should cease to post for a couple of seasons until that right has been earned   Many others have criticised Ken but not been pilloried. I stand corrected and apologise to the forum
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 12:36pm
Not sure why you would take 3pts with no kicker
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

Not sure why you would take 3pts with no kicker

The points being referred to were in front of the posts early second half when Dan was on the pitch.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 2:03pm

I’m amazed by the negativity on this forum   Please check the thread following the team announcement. Also the supporters that I meet seem resigned to their team not playing well. Yes I was with Gloucester for many seasons where there is much passion. They will be very upset at today’s result. I am a passionate person. If I have something to say then I’ll say if. Sometimes it takes a newbie to say something. I’m sorry if you think that I should go back to Gloucester. I changed clubs as I relocated. I came to Scarlets to watch attractive rugby.   Scarlets like wales mostly have attractive backs but need the front five to win the ball and the back three to win the breakdown. All simple stuff. But when thats not happening and confidence is clearly low then for goodness sake take the points

Beware this place for speaking your mind.
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 2:07pm
I’m just watching the match on S4C. Painful
EssexTurk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EssexTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 2:16pm

Same here. Utterly depressing.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by EssexTurk EssexTurk wrote:

Same here. Utterly depressing.

It is, isn't it. For me losing scrum possession about 10 metres from their line on 55 minutes was the turning point. 
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 8:44pm
That's what's wrong with modern rugby.   Players should have the autonomy to make decisions themselves. I think Ken should have ignored Flanagan. Ken is the   captain.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 8:46pm
The boss is the boss. If Pivac sends an instruction then the players have to carry it out
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 8:50pm
Sorry but I disagree. Ken is on the   pitch. I've seen lots of occasions in international sport that this happens. I take what your saying Wasp but I think in certain instances the captain should   make the call
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 11:14am
My main issue was why he didn't chew Nigel about the hand in the ruck that led to the Lloyd Williams try. It was obvious !
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic