Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ken Owens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 11:37am
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

My main issue was why he didn't chew Nigel about the hand in the ruck that led to the Lloyd Williams try. It was obvious !

We did Ken and Cawdor did but he ignored there claims, remember Ospreys home when Alun Wyn was in Owens face on a disallowed try for a Jake Ball knock on straight upstairs and try cancelled out,Alun Wyn not even Captain .
Sponsored Links

gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 11:55am

My main issue was why he didn't chew Nigel about the hand in the ruck that led to the Lloyd Williams try. It was obvious !

In fairness he had a good go, as nigel walks to give the try ken is telling him about the hands in the ruck (same phase from ruck to try so could have gone back) and nigel has none of it. Ken threw the ball away in frustration
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Winston Winston wrote:

Thank you for recognising that.   I realise that as a newbie I haven’t yet earned the right to criticise anything Scarlets and perhaps I should cease to post for a couple of seasons until that right has been earned   Many others have criticised Ken but not been pilloried. I stand corrected and apologise to the forum

stop being such a drama queen, you can comment on ken poor decision making without comments like "some one lend him a brain cell" which is both insulting and in bad taste

TBH that call would have come from the coaches anyhow

By all means criticise just don't make personal or crass comments

btw who else is there to captain the side? parkes is out of form , foxy would be the shout I suppose
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by Winston Winston wrote:

Thank you for recognising that.   I realise that as a newbie I haven’t yet earned the right to criticise anything Scarlets and perhaps I should cease to post for a couple of seasons until that right has been earned   Many others have criticised Ken but not been pilloried. I stand corrected and apologise to the forum

stop being such a drama queen, you can comment on ken poor decision making without comments like "some one lend him a brain cell" which is both insulting and in bad taste

TBH that call would have come from the coaches anyhow

By all means criticise just don't make personal or crass comments

btw who else is there to captain the side? parkes is out of form , foxy would be the shout I suppose

Foxy would be my second choice.
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 1:19pm
Ken may have made decisions that people disagree with, but to question whether a hugely committed scarlet, a current Welsh international, and British Lion, lacks a brain, is insulting to the man.

Form is temporary, but class, or lack of it,is permanent.

The guy oozes class and commitment.
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 2:19pm
How does Nigel defend his discriminatory treatment between teams and captains, or indeed, non-captains?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

In fairness he had a good go, as nigel walks to give the try ken is telling him about the hands in the ruck (same phase from ruck to try so could have gone back) and nigel has none of it. Ken threw the ball away in frustration

Too late now I know, but the Club can raise issues with the referee in the week following the game. 

They should raise this with NO and include a video clip of said incident, and see what his response is. I believe that they can then take it Greg Garner should they so wish. 

May make NO listen to Ken next time !

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

How does Nigel defend his discriminatory treatment between teams and captains, or indeed, non-captains?

See my post above Steve. perhaps they can ask your question at the same time !
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 2:21pm

Exactly.
Scarlets before Wales
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

See my post above Steve. perhaps they can ask your question at the same time !
Thanks. It’s certainly worth asking.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 2:24pm

I sit the other side of the ground so did not hear these exchanges. Bearing in mind his many previous cock ups at PyS, Lee Byrne's try being one, I am surprised that Nigel isn't a little more circumspect these days. He should reflect on, and learn from previous mistakes.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 3:26pm

I sit the other side of the ground so did not hear these exchanges. Bearing in mind his many previous cock ups at PyS, Lee Byrne's try being one, I am surprised that Nigel isn't a little more circumspect these days. He should reflect on, and learn from previous mistakes.

The other thing being as they spent a fair bit of time on the in touch decision, he might have thought would take too long to look at the hands as well.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 3:29pm

The other thing being as they spent a fair bit of time on the in touch decision, he might have thought would take too long to look at the hands as well.

I haven't seen a replay of the incident. (I saw the game live; that was enough) but was it an illegal steal by Josh Turnbull?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

I haven't seen a replay of the incident. (I saw the game live; that was enough) but was it an illegal steal by Josh Turnbull?

Oh absolutely, hands in the ruck tapped it out the side and the move went from there
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 3:51pm

Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Oh absolutely, hands in the ruck tapped it out the side and the move went from there

Well, it wouldn't be proper game reffed by Nigel if there was not some controversy. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 4:31pm

Yep. When the TMO was involved I assumed it was to review the "turnover"
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic