Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Booing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 1:37pm
Actually ref the breakdown, law states you should be bound joining a ruck, not not targeting someones head and neck from 6 yards away
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 1:40pm
HSA’s have caused havoc with us this season with our small senior level squad- it’s a new injury world now on top of hamstrimgs and shoulders etc .. rugby regulators need to look at this issue ASAP
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 1:46pm
Do you remember those days when we were taught to tackle the legs   I think anything above the waist will need to be outlawed in time.
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Winston Winston wrote:

Do you remember those days when we were taught to tackle the legs   I think anything above the waist will need to be outlawed in time.

would love to see this, encourage more offloading in the tackle, rugy is hard to watch these days, just bosh bosh bosh.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

Originally posted by Winston Winston wrote:

would love to see this, encourage more offloading in the tackle, rugy is hard to watch these days, just bosh bosh bosh.

We were doing this last two seasons, but don't seem to be doing it this. It's a lot harder to defend against an off loading game, easy when you know that the opposition don't do so.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 2:46pm
Commitment is not an issue. If anyone ssys differently you should look at the shattered bodies comming off the pitch last night. What we lack is form. This is due to our main weapon, fast turnovers, being neutralised by our opponents. Pivac hasnt the strength in drpth in the forwards as he would like, condidering all the injuries. What we need is consistency in the team that enters the pitch. We need a bit of luck too, the rub of the green.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Commitment is not an issue. If anyone ssys differently you should look at the shattered bodies comming off the pitch last night. What we lack is form. This is due to our main weapon, fast turnovers, being neutralised by our opponents. Pivac hasnt the strength in drpth in the forwards as he would like, condidering all the injuries. What we need is consistency in the team that enters the pitch. We need a bit of luck too, the rub of the green.

this is a bit part of it, last night we created near chances - last 2 years nearly everything has stuck and we have scored some wonderful tries, the last 6 weeks almost nothing has stuck and those half chances are going begging.
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 2:52pm
Confidence or lack of it has a lot to do with it doesn’t it
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 2:59pm
How else are the fans able to show their discourse with the current situation. they pay towards the wages of the coaches and the players and have a RIGHT to show their feelings...
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 3:03pm

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

I actually left after they scored the BP try, I was so disgusted. 
I'd never boo my own team, but I'm kind of glad it happened. Whatever has happened to our style of play, it's just not acceptable. Wayne and Stevo need to know how that makes us feel. I spend a [beep]ing fortune following the team. Thousands each year. I'm not rich, just a regular working guy with 2 kids at home and one in Uni.

We are the best resourced team in Wales with an excellent coaching setup and how we have performed this season, even allowing for the injuries, isn't good enough. 

I hope the boos were a wake up call for all concerned. We've another derby next week. I'm not going. I'm not spending the 2 hours in the car and the associated cash. You can bet that we'll lose hundreds of casual ticket sales after that farce. 

I'm really angry about this season

Good post. I don't condone booing but I too left once Hadleigh gifted them the 3rd try. I also have followed this team for over 50 years and I am struggling to recall many worst performances. It is all well & good quoting how many metres made, how many line breaks etc but you should also mention the fact that they scored their first two tries from first phase ball by simply running hard and being waved through by two Welsh International centres. 

Basic skills like passing and catching a ball are non existent. It takes me 6 hours to travel to and attend a game & frankly I can think of better things to do with my time. As far as trying to see it from a players' perspective I am not really interested in their sob stories. It is professional sport for goodness sake - nobody forced you to take up the profession and nobody certainly forced you to ignore your future after rugby so please spare me the melodrama. 

so foxy covered the outside man for the first try and bodye got outpaced on the outside, 2nd try dan got stood up and missed the tackle, allowing cardiff through, but don't let facts get in the way of a rant eh 

sob stories..... do me a f****ng favour and have an ounce of respect for the people who go out week and put their bodies on the line just so you can sit here and piss and moan that they don't do enough for you to travel 6 hrs

You could actually learn a bit of civility - but I will take your over the top reaction with my usual pinch of salt. I am perfectly entitled to my opinions as are you. I have enormous respect for people who actually put their bodies on the line but the last time I saw them they certainly were not playing rugby at PYS more in various war zones around the World. So sob stories is a fair summation in my opinion. For goodness sake they are professional sportsmen earning way above the national average so please stop making them sound like bloody martyrs. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 3:11pm

I'd never boo my own team, but I'm kind of glad it happened. Whatever has happened to our style of play, it's just not acceptable. Wayne and Stevo need to know how that makes us feel. I spend a [beep]ing fortune following the team. Thousands each year. I'm not rich, just a regular working guy with 2 kids at home and one in Uni.

We are the best resourced team in Wales with an excellent coaching setup and how we have performed this season, even allowing for the injuries, isn't good enough. 

I hope the boos were a wake up call for all concerned. We've another derby next week. I'm not going. I'm not spending the 2 hours in the car and the associated cash. You can bet that we'll lose hundreds of casual ticket sales after that farce. 

Good post. I don't condone booing but I too left once Hadleigh gifted them the 3rd try. I also have followed this team for over 50 years and I am struggling to recall many worst performances. It is all well & good quoting how many metres made, how many line breaks etc but you should also mention the fact that they scored their first two tries from first phase ball by simply running hard and being waved through by two Welsh International centres. 

Basic skills like passing and catching a ball are non existent. It takes me 6 hours to travel to and attend a game & frankly I can think of better things to do with my time. As far as trying to see it from a players' perspective I am not really interested in their sob stories. It is professional sport for goodness sake - nobody forced you to take up the profession and nobody certainly forced you to ignore your future after rugby so please spare me the melodrama. 

so foxy covered the outside man for the first try and bodye got outpaced on the outside, 2nd try dan got stood up and missed the tackle, allowing cardiff through, but don't let facts get in the way of a rant eh 

sob stories..... do me a f****ng favour and have an ounce of respect for the people who go out week and put their bodies on the line just so you can sit here and piss and moan that they don't do enough for you to travel 6 hrs

You could actually learn a bit of civility - but I will take your over the top reaction with my usual pinch of salt. I am perfectly entitled to my opinions as are you. I have enormous respect for people who actually put their bodies on the line but the last time I saw them they certainly were not playing rugby at PYS more in various war zones around the World. So sob stories is a fair summation in my opinion. For goodness sake they are professional sportsmen earning way above the national average so please stop making them sound like bloody martyrs. 

So you are not interested in a guy who has no feeling in his right knee, or someeone suffering from the effects of a concussion some 6 weeks later playing a sport for your entertainment but i need to learn some civility..........
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 3:14pm

So you are not interested in a guy who has no feeling in his right knee, or someeone suffering from the effects of a concussion some 6 weeks later playing a sport for your entertainment but i need to learn some civility..........

I have a [beep]ed shoulder and back playing rugby can I have sympathy as well then? these guys get paid to do a job, paid by fans like you and I and when they are not performing for whatever reason they must expect a degree of discourse from their paying customers. Boo away.....
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 3:17pm

Who said I wasn't interested? You as far as I am aware. What I won't try to do is glorify the huge physical sacrifices these players clearly make to entertain me. That is the biggest load of garbage I have been subjected to this weekend and that takes some doing as I sat through 73 minutes of yesterday's game. Let me say it again - they choose to play professional sport for a very good living. They are aware of the dangers & still choose to do it. If any player is not being looked after medically then their grouse should be with the management of the team not supporters who dare be critical of their efforts. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

I have a [beep]ed shoulder and back playing rugby can I have sympathy as well then? these guys get paid to do a job, paid by fans like you and I and when they are not performing for whatever reason they must expect a degree of discourse from their paying customers. Boo away.....

If i had known you at the time Sal i probably would have given you some sympathy, maybe a hug as well fellaHug
maldwyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maldwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

How else are the fans able to show their discourse with the current situation. they pay towards the wages of the coaches and the players and have a RIGHT to show their feelings...
You could try blowing a raspberry if it makes you feel better.
Up the bum no harm done.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2018 at 4:46pm
I agree with you Maldwyn, do we boo at everything that we are not happy with, doubt it.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic