Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Booing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Maybe if we play a 10 at 10 this weekend, we’ll have someone making the right decisions about when and where to kick possession away (as we all know, we can’t just keep the ball for the sake of it, we don’t have the players with the know hopefully or confidence to do so at the moment).
With a 10 at 10 I believe we will win this contest but it’s still going to be tough, as the Dragons will take great confidence from both our results last weekend and we appear to be a team that lacks confidence and leadership at present.
If Parkes plays there again I strongly suspect that the Dragons could just cause an upset.
The presser today confirmed that Dan is starting at 10.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

maldwyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maldwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

You pay for your ticket, you can shout-scream boo, whatever you like. As long as you're not personally offensive or abusive, racist etc. it's a free country.

Others are free to like or dislike that as well.

Like I said, I didn't boo them - I left at 75 minutes but what's happened to us lately is not good. I'm not surprised people booed and I wouldn't criticise them.

Anyway. Onwards and upwards now (hopefully)
Well said Tim. Now let's all get behind the boys on Saturday.
Up the bum no harm done.
maldwyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maldwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 10:01pm
Ooops meant to reply to Tim
Up the bum no harm done.
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Maybe if we play a 10 at 10 this weekend, we’ll have someone making the right decisions about when and where to kick possession away (as we all know, we can’t just keep the ball for the sake of it, we don’t have the players with the know hopefully or confidence to do so at the moment).
With a 10 at 10 I believe we will win this contest but it’s still going to be tough, as the Dragons will take great confidence from both our results last weekend and we appear to be a team that lacks confidence and leadership at present.
If Parkes plays there again I strongly suspect that the Dragons could just cause an upset.

We played a 10 at 10 last week from 35 mins in....it was 5-10 at the time, not a critcism of dan, but we appears to be heaping pressure on him by assuming as long as he is 10 we will win. Whereas this didnt happen against cardiff.

Edited by gnasher1975 - 03 January 2019 at 10:45pm
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

I agree with you Maldwyn, do we boo at everything that we are not happy with, doubt it.

People certainly tut and sigh if there is no milk and bread on the shelves in ASDA Wink
Scarlets!!!
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2019 at 2:14pm
Wayne and Ken have had their say in response to last week's booing and they were quite right to do so. However in all that ive heard and read I cant say as Ive heard the distinction made that the majority of fans did not boo. Ross Harries even said "Last week the the Scarlets fans were booing" Sorry Ross, 'some' Scarlets fans were booing. We all appear to have been tarred by the same brush.

I stayed behind to clap the boys off last night as Ive done many times. It was noticeable however that no-one in the last group of 7 or 8 players to leave the pitch acknowledged those fans who had waited in the South stand and were clapping them off. Normally many players will raise their arms in the air and clap back, thus acknowledging the support. You can actually see this on the tv coverage just before they show the conferences.

'If' this was a conscious or sub-conscious response to last week then that in itself was unfair as those who stayed behind to applaud were'nt necessarily ones that booed last week.

All in all a disappointing chapter.

Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
sospanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sospanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2019 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

Wayne and Ken have had their say in response to last week's booing and they were quite right to do so. However in all that ive heard and read I cant say as Ive heard the distinction made that the majority of fans did not boo. Ross Harries even said "Last week the the Scarlets fans were booing" Sorry Ross, 'some' Scarlets fans were booing. We all appear to have been tarred by the same brush.

I stayed behind to clap the boys off last night as Ive done many times. It was noticeable however that no-one in the last group of 7 or 8 players to leave the pitch acknowledged those fans who had waited in the South stand and were clapping them off. Normally many players will raise their arms in the air and clap back, thus acknowledging the support. You can actually see this on the tv coverage just before they show the conferences.

'If' this was a conscious or sub-conscious response to last week then that in itself was unfair as those who stayed behind to applaud were'nt necessarily ones that booed last week.

Good points, but time to draw a line under this and move on. Some probably regret now the spur of the moment reaction after the disappointment and frustration of that result. 
I thought that several players last night looked to up the intensity more than usual to show how important the performance is to them and how much the result means.

Ymlaen Llanelli Scarlets
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2019 at 4:13pm
Aye, time to move on but felt I had to relate that story to illustrate that respect works both ways.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2019 at 4:25pm
Just read wp said it was either Ken playing 8 or Parkes
Winston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2019 at 4:30pm
I’d have gone for Parkes. He’s so versatile 😁
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2019 at 4:58pm

for some reason rob the happy camp of the last 2 seasons has gone,
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2019 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

It seems a siege mentality has developed, some pretty strong words from Ken I thought. The last thing we need however is an us and them attitude. I thought that fans rallied well last night and got behind the boys. I would have preferred that to have been the angle. Felt the media went hard on the negatives of last week in their line of questioning.

Hoping this is done and dusted and we get back to normal ASAP.   
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2019 at 7:51pm

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

It seems a siege mentality has developed, some pretty strong words from Ken I thought. The last thing we need however is an us and them attitude. I thought that fans rallied well last night and got behind the boys. I would have preferred that to have been the angle. Felt the media went hard on the negatives of last week in their line of questioning.

Hoping this is done and dusted and we get back to normal ASAP.   

It sounded like his words weren't really aimed at the fams, seemed to be in house he was most upset about.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2019 at 8:53pm
I think he was pretty disappointed with the crowd booing last week and if he reads this forum he would have been besides himself with fury at the thread that bears his name. He wouldn't need to look beyond the opening post of that thread to be totally personally offended.  

I think this sad episode will stay long in the minds of the players. 

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 06 January 2019 at 8:54pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2019 at 9:27pm
What's happened has happened. I'm sure if anything was meant by what they done last night they wouldn't have come out at all. There's obviously been some strong words said by people in PYS rather than the supporters. The players came back out last weekend after losing to the blues and some stayed behind and clapped them off. They haven't got to do this after every game but they choose to as they have a special bonding with the supporters so to hear booing last week and some of the stuff said on social media would definitely have hurt them. It just seems everyone's quick enough to jump on the bandwagon when we are playing well but when it gets tough as it has the last 2 week's alot just want to slate the players and coaches. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but regardless we have to get behind the team and show them the support they need to get them through tough times like we've had since Leicester away
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 4:10am
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

I think he was pretty disappointed with the crowd booing last week and if he reads this forum he would have been besides himself with fury at the thread that bears his name. He wouldn't need to look beyond the opening post of that thread to be totally personally offended.  

I think this sad episode will stay long in the minds of the players. 

I’m not sure about that, but the best way of dealing with it is an upswing of results on the pitch.

The ideal response from the players and coaches would be to let the result do the talking in other words.

By acknowledging the small element that voiced their views in that way to the media post match I think Pivac and Ken gave the sorry episode more oxygen. The media will undoubtedly carry on the narrative as a consequence.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic