Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Booing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 6:35am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

I think he was pretty disappointed with the crowd booing last week and if he reads this forum he would have been besides himself with fury at the thread that bears his name. He wouldn't need to look beyond the opening post of that thread to be totally personally offended.  

I think this sad episode will stay long in the minds of the players. 

I’m not sure about that, but the best way of dealing with it is an upswing of results on the pitch.

The ideal response from the players and coaches would be to let the result do the talking in other words.

By acknowledging the small element that voiced their views in that way to the media post match I think Pivac and Ken gave the sorry episode more oxygen. The media will undoubtedly carry on the narrative as a consequence.

Yes, good point.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 10:28am

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I think he was pretty disappointed with the crowd booing last week and if he reads this forum he would have been besides himself with fury at the thread that bears his name. He wouldn't need to look beyond the opening post of that thread to be totally personally offended.  

I think this sad episode will stay long in the minds of the players. 

I’m not sure about that, but the best way of dealing with it is an upswing of results on the pitch.

The ideal response from the players and coaches would be to let the result do the talking in other words.

By acknowledging the small element that voiced their views in that way to the media post match I think Pivac and Ken gave the sorry episode more oxygen. The media will undoubtedly carry on the narrative as a consequence.

Yes, good point.

They're just snowflakes mun. Wink But I'm sure they can take it and were just responding to a journalist's question.

- Small number of fans boo
- Journo: "What do you think of fans booing you?"
- Pivac: "It's disappointing to hear fans boo"
- Headline: "Pivac SLAMS booing fans"

I personally don't like booing the side and don't think it reflects well on us as fans but this was clearly a small number, who are entitled to do so if they wish, and it's not a big story. I will bet the players get a lot worse from the coaches in the dressing room after poor performances! But we should appear united as a club and as fans in tough times IMO as this is what makes the Scarlets - and supporting them - great. Rollercoaster rides are fun, after all.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 10:32am
I have no doubt that both Ken & Wayne will be reminded of how great the Scarlet supporters are when they hear Sospan Fach ringing out around the Arena stadium in Paris for a fixture which has no real worth to us apart from our pride. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 12:22pm
Again, the press project these comments on to Wayne’s future role, which is a bit unfair on the Scarlets of course, and why I’d like to see these sorts of interaction avoided.
saundersfootscarlets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Scarletstarch Scarletstarch wrote:

The booing started because Jon (Foxy) was tackled around the neck by Blues No 13 who then continued to ram Jon's head into the ground but Nigel Owens just brushed the incident aside and blew his whistle for full time! I was concerned about the booing so watched the end of the game last night and it is quite clear what happened and Jon did confront Blues No 13 as it was foul play! AngryDisapprovel

I must admit I myself didn't hear a lot of booing at the time but this post might explain a lot , unfortunately this fact seems to have been ignored by the press who would rather a headline saying "scarlets fans booing players", if there was some booing generally then that's a shame but people do get frustrated , hopefully after last Saturday's win against the Dragons we will be on an upward curve now!!!
saundersfoot scarlets
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 11:49pm
No one has stopped to wonder how many fans were actually booing the booing?
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 9:11am
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

No one has stopped to wonder how many fans were actually booing the booing?

The game was that poo I had already left by then, so It wasn't me Haha!! They are professional rugby players/coaches, they've been through the amateur game no doubt, they get called a lot worse by fans, especially if they're good, so I'm sure they can handle it.

NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 9:36am
Jesus, are we still going on about this?
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 1:07pm
Boo! Close the thread! Boo!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 1:21pm
MODS PLEASE CLOSE THIS HIGHLY NEGATIVE THREAD.ITS RUN OUT OF LEGS NOW!
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 1:47pm
PLEASE 
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 2:10pm
Agreed
Scarlets!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic