Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#Pivacout?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 9:47am
Originally posted by jeremy windell jeremy windell wrote:

Only now reading this thread.

The first post is so luddicous, I genuinely can't even think of a polite way to reply, so I'll say this.

Do us all a favour and take your 'support' elsewhere.

OK.
Sponsored Links

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 9:59am

Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

The first post is so luddicous, I genuinely can't even think of a polite way to reply, so I'll say this.

here we go, typical SF response!!!!!

Happy New year Sal my old friend.

Xmas kisses as I missed you under the mistletoe this year 😘😘xx

Happy New year to you too buddy...
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 10:33am

That's the spirit. Difference in opinion doesn't mean we have to dislike each other. I bet even Theresa and Jeremy had a sly little kiss over the festive period
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 10:37am

That's the spirit. Difference in opinion doesn't mean we have to dislike each other. I bet even Theresa and Jeremy had a sly little kiss over the festive period

Wouldn't bank an that one!!!
Westwalian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Westwalian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 2:06pm
This is ridicolous
Defender of Priestland
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I agree with those on here who say it is a little insulting to call for the heads of the coaches. Some honest assessments by them of their shortcomings in recent weeks would be welcome though. Muddled selection, questionable tactics and ill balanced teams have only added to a very debilitating injury list and made our performances worse.

The Hadleigh Parkes fiasco in the last two games will have reduced Dan Jones' self esteem to zero and does not show the excellent man management skills that Pivac is renowned for. Equally the inability of the coaches to get Steff Evans to perform is mystifying. His form, lets remember, was one of the main reasons we were happy to allow DTH to leave.

The inability of the forwards to create a platform has been our biggest weakness so far this season but not on Saturday in fairness. Cawdor's form is woeful and he needs to be given a breather away from the spotlight to work on his game. I hate to criticise the guy because he gives everything every game but he is struggling. 

It is time for calm and clarity of thinking in both selection and game planning. The team confidence is not going to allow us to find our fast offloading support game quickly so perhaps something less ambitious based on Dan's excellent kicking game. In addition I hope Byron beasts the lads this week as line speed and individual one on one tackling is poor. Get our defence right, stop losing the ball in contact, be patient in phase play and get Dan to put us in the right positions & please bois bach take the points when they are on offer!!!!

Think this post hits the nail on the head for me.

I can't get my head around picking Hadleigh Parkes at 10, you can say what you want about Dan Jones's form, but at least he is a 10, Parkes should be allowed to improve on his own form in his preferred position before moving him over to 10. If neither player is the answer, why not pick our form player in Asquith? Even Hidalgo-Clyne has experience playing 10.

Gareth Davies has been somewhat woeful, but he is still getting picked by the coaching staff, the service the players are receiving outside the halfbacks combination of Davies/Parkes is worrying.

Leaving out Steff Evans when we're seriously lacking firepower.

One more thing I would add also is the turning down of points when they are on offer, regardless if the coaches have asked for it or not, you play what's in front of you.

It's stupid asking for the coaches head when they've given us so much recently, but some of the baffling decisions need to be answered, so we have some light on the current situation at the club.

Edited by crj89 - 02 January 2019 at 2:14pm
Maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 6:43pm
What the hell is going on in PYS?

Mark Taylor leaving must raise some questions, selection is a farce and the general feel of unrest
The management need to come clean and be totally honest with the fans
Give Blood, Play Rugby
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 7:19pm
Wwhy should Taylor leave raise questions, it was an internal decision based on something which probably confidential,  nothing to do with anyone except Scarlets/Taylor.
Selection are made by the coaches that have brought us success.
I have not seen any evidence of unrest, unless players not playing well is equal to unrest.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Maple Maple wrote:

Mark Taylor leaving must raise some questions, selection is a farce and the general feel of unrest

Management don't need to come clean. What happens within the Scarlets with regards to management is basically none of our business. Admittedly we'd all like to be privy to all that goes on, but I'm sure we'll know when we need to know.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 12:06pm
Can I recommend the gossipers  on SF just go and buy a copy of 'Hello' Magazine (or similar) and enjoy the titillation there and not worry about things that really have nothing to do with us really. Talk about chasing shadows folks!  This performance malaise is due to a combination of key injuries and 2 very important pack players leaving us and not being replaced. I am sure the coaches and club are working on recruitment.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 12:10pm

Your posting history is littered with this sort of stuff recently. Not sure what the objective of them is tbh.
It’s the middle of Wintet in Canada, is it getting to you a bit perhaps.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

Wwhy should Taylor leave raise questions, it was an internal decision based on something which probably confidential,  nothing to do with anyone except Scarlets/Taylor.
Selection are made by the coaches that have brought us success.
I have not seen any evidence of unrest, unless players not playing well is equal to unrest.
mark taylor left of his own accord,nothing to do with anything rugby related.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Can I recommend the gossipers  on SF just go and buy a copy of 'Hello' Magazine (or similar) and enjoy the titillation there and not worry about things that really have nothing to do with us really. Talk about chasing shadows folks!  This performance malaise is due to a combination of key injuries and 2 very important pack players leaving us and not being replaced. I am sure the coaches and club are working on recruitment.
Dear Marge,

I thought Hello was a greeting when you meet people.

Has something passed me by?
Yours
Delighting in the Dordogne
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

Management don't need to come clean. What happens within the Scarlets with regards to management is basically none of our business. Admittedly we'd all like to be privy to all that goes on, but I'm sure we'll know when we need to know.

It's a personal matter why he left, not rugby related.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 1:17pm
Ladram I honestly don't care, all I was trying to point out that the decision was none of our business, and responding to a post from Maple.

I hope you don't think I'm a nosy parker.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Dear Marge,

I thought Hello was a greeting when you meet people.

Has something passed me by?
Yours
Delighting in the Dordogne

"Marge"? I am too young to remember Ms Proops personally Wink . I am sure there are plenty of "Allo allo" style mags in France to keep you occupied (assuming you are over 18 of course !!!) Enjoy the break Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic