Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#Pivacout?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 4:44pm
Not that I wish to bump this thread, but this is Wayne's response to recent form and criticism (all direct quotes except final sentence):

"I was disappointed to hear some of the booing at the end and the reaction," said Pivac.

"The fans were not any more frustrated than the players and management."

Pivac added: "People have to realise this Scarlets team have been taking the field over the last two and a half years in the league in this competition and has not lost a game at home."

"Nobody goes out to lose," said Pivac, who will succeed Warren Gatland as coach of Wales after the 2019 World Cup.

"We have worked hard over four and half years to forge our way forward and be proud of our performances.

"They (fans) should be proud of what they achieved but disappointed with that performance.

"I understand the fans are not happy but we are closer to what is going on in games and have all the statistics and form of players.

"We are the hardest critics and are hard on ourselves within the group.

"We know where we are at, know the errors we are making and believe they are fixable."

"We are down on manpower and that has been well documented," said Pivac.

"The word from our point of view is patience, but the season is rolling on and we need some victories to make sure we are there at the end in the play-offs.

"For us there is about one point between play-offs and not making the play-offs so there is a lot to play for. We haven't lost sight of that.

"We believe that at the end of the season if we can get close to our top side out on the field, we will compete in this competition. We have to accumulate enough points between now and then.

"We believe we will turn it around and the boys are working hard and not lost sight of the end goal."

Pivac also confirmed Dan Jones at outside-half after Wales centre Hadleigh Parkes started the last two games at 10.

Edited by dr_martinov - 03 January 2019 at 4:46pm
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 4:57pm
The injured, as per the above article

“Leigh Halfpenny, James Davies, Will Boyde, Clayton Blommetjies and Kieron Fonotia have joined an injury list which aldready includes Rhys Patchell, Jake Ball, Lewis Rawlins, Steve Cummins, Uzair Cassiem, Blade Thomson, Josh Macleod, Angus O'Brien and Aaron Shingler.”
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

“Leigh Halfpenny, James Davies, Will Boyde, Clayton Blommetjies and Kieron Fonotia have joined an injury list which aldready includes Rhys Patchell, Jake Ball, Lewis Rawlins, Steve Cummins, Uzair Cassiem, Blade Thomson, Josh Macleod, Angus O'Brien and Aaron Shingler.”
DeadOuchCry
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 5:07pm

Interesting that 5 of those were Summer signings. 

Perhaps it is the area of player injury management/rehabilitation which needs more scrutiny? Why does Jake keep breaking down?

In Pivac we trust
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

Interesting that 5 of those were Summer signings. 

Perhaps it is the area of player injury management/rehabilitation which needs more scrutiny? Why does Jake keep breaking down?

John Barclay is also injured remember although then just off our books-its just getting too physical and the HIA is a new injury awareness nightmare in the game. It means bigger squads and more money which wont help smaller clubs like ours in the pro game compete. Cant see a solution? weight quotas?no hit scrums or, no more than say 5 scrums a side each game and just tap and go instead like league after that 5 target is reached ??? no tackling above the waist?no lifting in line outs(its got crazy there )? no heads down jackling for the ball?? etc etc... yes bonkers but something needs to happen..
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 5:31pm

Just placing those injuries into their playing positions, that's a pretty decent team we're missing.:

15. Leigh Halfpenny,  
14. Clayton Blommetjies
12. Kieron Fonotia  
10. Rhys Patchell, Angus O'Brien
9. Jon Evans (not on the list but has been injured since last season  maybe he's back now?)
8. Uzair Cassiem,Josh Macleod, Will Boyde,
7. James Davies
6. Lewis Rawlins, Blade Thomson, Aaron Shingler
5. Steve Cummins
4. Jake Ball

Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 5:54pm
It also makes you think about those guys that rarely get injured, for whom we are incredibly thankful. May your luck and good skill continue unabated.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Just placing those injuries into their playing positions, that's a pretty decent team we're missing.:

15. Leigh Halfpenny,  
14. Clayton Blommetjies
12. Kieron Fonotia  
10. Rhys Patchell, Angus O'Brien
9. Jon Evans (not on the list but has been injured since last season  maybe he's back now?)
8. Uzair Cassiem,Josh Macleod, Will Boyde,
7. James Davies
6. Lewis Rawlins, Blade Thomson, Aaron Shingler
5. Steve Cummins
4. Jake Ball

Yes, that shows clearly the positions we are having big trouble with: 10 and back five. Plus some of those fills above at 8 are converted flankers/seconds covering anyway. This season has been a nightmare, I don't know how anyone can discount the roles injuries have played in our form. Yes, we are a thin squad in places and certain remaining healthy players have been a bit out of sorts but even so....

Edited by dr_martinov - 03 January 2019 at 6:36pm
SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 6:55pm
I am still unhappy by the title of this thread . Yes i am unhappy with the results , but i would never be critical about the coaching staff . Went to rodney parade last sunday and experienced a totally different atmosphere than i find at the parc . Certainly no booing . Ok yes the dragons won but the fans dont boo the side.
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by SAV SAV wrote:

I am still unhappy by the title of this thread . Yes i am unhappy with the results , but i would never be critical about the coaching staff . Went to rodney parade last sunday and experienced a totally different atmosphere than i find at the parc . Certainly no booing . Ok yes the dragons won but the fans dont boo the side.
Agree completely.

No fan will be happy with how our results have gone; our injury list and/or many other things.

However this season plays out; whether we end up in the second tier European Comp, we will still be there supporting the club.

Our coaching team have exceeded expectations by far and any side would struggle in the face of the injuries of this season. It’s far too easy to take for granted the success of the two previous seasons.

Here’s to 2019 and whatever it has to bring.

We know for sure that we are the only region starting next season that has the following:

A coach that is widely known on the world stage.
A ground they own.
A Board who are committed with their time, intellect and money, where others are having troubles of different sorts.

That’ll do for starters,
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 7:57pm

Its by its title a very negative title to a thread which will enable some to run with it. How long does this really need to run for especially when you look at the injury list. Its getting embarrassing imo
SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 8:33pm
Thanks for your support boys . Perhaps we have had it too good . Life is not that easy .
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 8:46pm

Thanks for your support boys . Perhaps we have had it too good . Life is not that easy .
👍
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2019 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

Ladram I honestly don't care, all I was trying to point out that the decision was none of our business, and responding to a post from Maple.

I hope you don't think I'm a nosy parker.
not for a minute
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2019 at 7:51pm

Unhappy with a hashtag question put out to the fans to give them the opportunity to show their support?

whats the point of a forum then?

I look forward to everyone having a "support the team [beep] sock swap" if we lose to the Drags lol.

I dont really.Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic