Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Regan King - Finances.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

Regan should be comfortable now with all the money he earned, spending time with family reflecting on a magnificent playing career. Instead he's wandering around the planet alone alienating all who love him and stretching friendships to breaking point and beyond. His victims have been hurt financially and emotionally but of course Regan is also a victim.

Its a story that continues on a downward spiral, I just pray that he finds something in himself to start to rebuild his life before its too late. I just hope that there's someone out there who can help him and that Regan realises that he needs help.

Your right. Its all very sad to hear things like this but on reflection.I think least said now as it can get a bit sanctimonious (or I can ) and who is perfect .So I amending my comments . It’s his life at the end of the day. And it will all come to a head naturally.

Edited by reesytheexile - 08 January 2019 at 7:17pm
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 6:10pm
It’s probably appropriate to point out that Regan hasn’t broken any laws in this, nor does anyone allege he has.
TurkQuay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurkQuay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

It’s probably appropriate to point out that Regan hasn’t broken any laws in this, nor does anyone allege he has.

Fraud ?.  Deception ?.

Plenty of people on twitter alleging "thousands" in lost money. 

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 11:34am
I'm trying to be careful on those sorts of words on the forum, unless legitimized they can be challenged.

There really is no fraud or deception when one person simply borrows money to another in good faith and without a legally binding agreement, and the other party doesn't pay it back.

Twitter is probably not the most trusted of outlets when it comes to giving a balanced critique on a subject.

I'm in no way challenging the allegation or defending Regan in the reported matter, just trying to keep from crossing the line in to legally challengeable remarks.

Being untrustworthy and dishonest is actually not illegal, neither is having a gambling addiction.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 11:50am
None of the reports that I have read suggest anyone is bringing charges which would suggest to me that by the letter of the law Regan has not done anything illegal.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

None of the reports that I have read suggest anyone is bringing charges which would suggest to me that by the letter of the law Regan has not done anything illegal.

He hasn't that's why. It's no different to me asking you if I can borrow £50 & you saying yes & me not paying it back.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

He hasn't that's why. It's no different to me asking you if I can borrow £50 & you saying yes & me not paying it back.
If you lend money to people and  you renege on repayment then the remedy is a Civil claim in the County Court leading to CCJ's and ultimately making someone Bankrupt -but little point in all that expense if the Debtor is a person of straw unless you want the satisfaction of some justice (understandable if a victim and can afford to take action) and making the debtor bankrupt .Its also more difficult to prove if the other person denies it was a loan or says it was a gift to help them out. That's what written agreements are for of course ie good evidence! I suspect this will fritter away with big lessons learned by the victims anyway. Depressing scenario all round
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 1:39pm
Yes depressing is indeed the word. No winners only losers - sorry as usual the one winner is the bookie.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

If you lend money to people and  you renege on repayment then the remedy is a Civil claim in the County Court leading to CCJ's and ultimately making someone Bankrupt -but little point in all that expense if the Debtor is a person of straw unless you want the satisfaction of some justice (understandable if a victim and can afford to take action) and making the debtor bankrupt .Its also more difficult to prove if the other person denies it was a loan or says it was a gift to help them out. That's what written agreements are for of course ie good evidence! I suspect this will fritter away with big lessons learned by the victims anyway. Depressing scenario all round
or judge judy/rinder.LOL
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

or judge judy/rinder.LOL
LOL
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 5:36pm

Edited by roy munster - 11 January 2019 at 6:27am
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
TurkQuay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurkQuay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I'm trying to be careful on those sorts of words on the forum, unless legitimized they can be challenged.

There really is no fraud or deception when one person simply borrows money to another in good faith and without a legally binding agreement, and the other party doesn't pay it back.

Twitter is probably not the most trusted of outlets when it comes to giving a balanced critique on a subject.

I'm in no way challenging the allegation or defending Regan in the reported matter, just trying to keep from crossing the line in to legally challengeable remarks.

Being untrustworthy and dishonest is actually not illegal, neither is having a gambling addiction.
The BBC Wales article says "BBC Wales has been shown messages and emails from Mr King to several former partners which appear to show him admitting he owes them thousands of Australian dollars, which he promised to pay back. BBC Wales has spoken independently to five women and two men, all of whom claim to have loaned Mr King money without being repaid. Ms Stalteri said she had spoken with five other women who claimed to have had similar experiences while in a relationship with Mr King."  
On twitter, Ms Stalteri said " Unfortunately the same can’t be said for five ex girlfriends that have connected and NZ rugby players. All same story of Regan King, taken money with sob stories, run, left country and then blocked. Huge amounts outstanding for all here!. There are 5 ex girlfriends he owes money to in Australia and nz alone that connected, blocked us all and ran to Wales! One girl in NZ owed hundreds of thousands. ". She also said "Neath was informed that if my agreement was not honoured, I would be forced to take further action and have. Neath agreed to a date of payment, the day after Neath publicly announced winding up order.".

It appears that as soon as the BBC contacted him about their story he's done another runner, and is off to Luxembourg now !!!.

Edited by minded - 11 January 2019 at 7:11am
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 10:47pm
Disgraceful
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 7:55am
Allegedly. Should probably be a bit careful posting these specific accusations on here as well for the forum's sake. I don't really know the legality of it but if it escalates could be an issue. The forum could end up liable.

Edited by dr_martinov - 10 January 2019 at 8:03am
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 7:58am
And yet no court cases pending against Regan. Very odd.

As for the twitter post extracts, can I suggest that, in order to be convinced of what constitutes a legal framework for prosecution, you maybe send them to a lawyer, along with your Builder over charging scenario and see what they say.

As I've said in posts above, no doubt in my mind that there is a significant and very sad issue here. I've also stated I see it escalating, but even though I have heard many different accounts of these sorts of issues down the years, that doesn't mean I would go to print on them on a public forum, as they are either 3rd hand, based on hearsay, or both.

I do have to say again that just borrowing someone money, and them not paying it back is not actually illegal (i.e. it's unlikely the CPS could constitute a case without any legally binding contract to back up the transaction.)

Of course people can take out a private prosecution out to try and recover funds owed...the question then is, sadly, what funds?

Failing to pay appropriately charges invoices, not repaying contracted loans or agreements, theft of belongings etc...that's different gravy of course.

Can't see this ending well unfortunately.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 2:23pm
Judge Rinder would have a field day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic