Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

League run in...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

I've run loads of scenarios on that excel spreadsheet and I can't for the life of me get us below 3rd place. 

Hope you're right !!!

Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

I have the impression many Benetton players will be called up by O Shea...today at 2 pm the list for 6N

Thanks for that Angelo.

My concern is that O'Shea will release more Italian players from the squad for our game, than Gatland will release back to the Scarlets. Unless there are injuries, you would hope that we'd get Elias Cubby  Wyn and Steff back for them to get some game time. I can't see any of those starting in the first two games.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 11:59am
Can't see Cubby, Elias & Steff making the squad in the first place. Think Dacey has leapfrogged Ryan unless his injury is long term. Cubby has no gametime and will be behind Tips, Navidi & Young. Steff is now probably 7th or 8th choice back 3 - Halfpenny, Liam, George, Josh, Jonah, Amos, Luke Morgan are all ahead of him. If we had some depth at centre in Wales then Hadleigh wouldn't make the squad either. I think we will lose Halfpenny, Foxy, Cawdor, Rob, Wyn, Ken, Samson with Hadleigh scraping in and Jake & Rhys possibly added to the squad after the Leinster game. 

Of those 10 we may possibly see Wyn, Jake, Rhys & Hadleigh for the Benetton trip.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 12:02pm
I think we could have a little advantage in 6N's window, the return of many injuries and players dont call by Gats
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

I've run loads of scenarios on that excel spreadsheet and I can't for the life of me get us below 3rd place. 

Hope you're right !!!

I have many faults, but being wrong isn't one of them. Smile
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

06/01/2018R14 oppPointsR15 oppPointsR16 oppPointsR17 oppPointsR18 oppPointsR19 oppPointsR20 oppPointsR21 oppPointsTotal
Leinster54SCA H5ZEB A5KIN H5CHE H5EDI A4BEN H5GLA H4ULS A491
Edinburgh35KING A5DRA H4CAR H4BEN A4LEI H0SCA A1ULS H4GLA A158
Benetton35ULS A1SCA H4DRA H4EDI H1CON A1LEI A0MUN H1ZEB A552
Scarlets34LEI A0BEN A1CHE H4MUN H4CAR A1EDI H4ZEB H5DRA A457
Ulster33BEN H4OSP A1ZEB H5DRA A4KIN H5GLA A1EDI A1LEI H054
If Leinster are top of the conference going into the final weekend and can't be caught, can you really see them going to Ulster and beating them? Not that i'm suggesting this league is corrupt in any way...
LOL fair enough!
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Can't see Cubby, Elias & Steff making the squad in the first place. Think Dacey has leapfrogged Ryan unless his injury is long term. Cubby has no gametime and will be behind Tips, Navidi & Young. Steff is now probably 7th or 8th choice back 3 - Halfpenny, Liam, George, Josh, Jonah, Amos, Luke Morgan are all ahead of him. If we had some depth at centre in Wales then Hadleigh wouldn't make the squad either. I think we will lose Halfpenny, Foxy, Cawdor, Rob, Wyn, Ken, Samson with Hadleigh scraping in and Jake & Rhys possibly added to the squad after the Leinster game. 

Of those 10 we may possibly see Wyn, Jake, Rhys & Hadleigh for the Benetton trip.

Hadleigh is indeed out of form. How about Foxy, Scott, Watkin and Owen Williams. Anscombe can also play 12 I believe.

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 12:20pm

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Hadleigh is indeed out of form. How about Foxy, Scott, Watkin and Owen Williams. Anscombe can also play 12 I believe.

For some reason Owen dropped out of favour after the Autumn 2017. I see Scott at 12 and Foxy 13 against France fitness allowing. I would select Watkin as 12 cover and Tyler Morgan or Cory Allen as 13 cover leaving Hadleigh with the Scarlets. There is also talk of Marchant of Harlequins who is Welsh qualified making a late run. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Clearly it's going to come down to the Edinburgh / Benetton games as the pivot for our qualification.
Getting more than 1 point from the next 2 would be a great start
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Clearly it's going to come down to the Edinburgh / Benetton games as the pivot for our qualification.
Getting more than 1 point from the next 2 would be a great start

That's exactly what we got last season ! Benetton got 5 against us last season as I pointed out elsewhere. Can't let that happen this season.

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 4:39pm

Hope you're right !!!

I have many faults, but being wrong isn't one of them. Smile
or modest.LOL
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 5:44pm
Embarrassed
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2019 at 12:05pm
Treviso have had 18 players called up fair play
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 5:05pm
Edinburgh lose away to the Kings, good result for us that.
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 5:08pm
Indeed - that last kings try was something special. 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2019 at 5:10pm
Got to say kings put in great effort. 8 points down with 6/7 mins to go. 2 tries great play, one very very good one to win it. Game on for qualification...huge game in Italy coming up. If they have got 18 players called into international squad we have a real chance of a result

Edited by turkishrebel - 26 January 2019 at 5:10pm
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
  Share Topic