Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

League run in...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2019 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Kick off times are spread over Saturday, so Benetton kick off an hour after we do, Glasgow Edinburgh kick off in the evening. Not the best of situations as most teams will know exactly what they need to do. 😎😎

Pity - it puts pressure on us to get the WBP, without knowing if we need it.

I still think we need to make sure of the win before trying too many miracle offloads, as that would have cost us against a better team than Zebre. Please, DO NOT throw interception passes, Scarlets!
Let's just assume that we need it!
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2019 at 4:51pm
I agree. We MUST assume that we need a BP win, and that is no disrespect to the Dragons. SHOULD Edinburgh lose and Benetton draw, without a BP, we'd get 3rd place. So, whilst not entirely in our own hands, 3rd place is open to us, so we must play with that in mind, and assume that we need a BP win.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2019 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

I agree. We MUST assume that we need a BP win, and that is no disrespect to the Dragons. SHOULD Edinburgh lose and Benetton draw, without a BP, we'd get 3rd place. So, whilst not entirely in our own hands, 3rd place is open to us, so we must play with that in mind, and assume that we need a BP win.

It would truly be justice for me after that shambolic double movement  try award by Frank Murphy and the Italian TMO over there in Treviso in February that allowed them to pip us by a few points .The table would now be reading us on 53 and them 49 ,I feel for the Blues after yesterdays blatant decision by the Irish TMO to disallow Jason Harries a perfectly legal try .
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2019 at 5:51pm
We should never have lost to Edinburgh at home win that we be third simple really players too complacent. If we finish outside top four then we only have ourselves to blame. Every team could point to dodgy decisions except the Irish teams in Ireland.

Edited by Why - 14 April 2019 at 5:52pm
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2019 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

It would truly be justice for me after that shambolic double movement  try award by Frank Murphy and the Italian TMO over there in Treviso in February that allowed them to pip us by a few points .The table would now be reading us on 53 and them 49 ,I feel for the Blues after yesterdays blatant decision by the Irish TMO to disallow Jason Harries a perfectly legal try .

Haven't seen the try, but I know it was out wide, and it may only have given them a draw with the conversion. They'd still be 3 pts behind Connacht, but 2 ahead of the O's. 

Would it have cost them a victory ?
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2019 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

We should never have lost to Edinburgh at home win that we be third simple really players too complacent. If we finish outside top four then we only have ourselves to blame. Every team could point to dodgy decisions except the Irish teams in Ireland.

There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever to get those decisions wrong with replay after replay been shown ,absolutely shocking!
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2019 at 6:49pm
You can pin it down to individual games and moments for the reason we wont make playoffs, but in reality it was the horrendous form pretty much from the start of the european campaign all the way to the end which has knocked our confidence. But i for one am happy with the zebre result, whatever happens next week I hope we beat the Dragons.

Edited by EJPT - 14 April 2019 at 6:50pm
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2019 at 10:26pm
If Scarlets get to the play off game what date will it be on
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2019 at 10:35pm
Think it was the same weekend as the semi finals last season...
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2019 at 9:00am
2 weeks after judgement day...
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2019 at 9:38am
What I would give for a Zebre win on Saturday. These games tend to pretty dour close affairs so its not out of the question despite the clear differences in performance levels this season. I tend to think of our games against the Ospreys during our glory seasons recently - never foregone conclusions; I think Josh McLoud's winning try etc etc. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 8:37am
Anyone else see the WoL article which shows how Wales could get 2 regions in the HC next season, even if both sides finish 4th?

IF SEMI-FINALISTS IN BOTH COMPETITIONS ARE ALREADY QUALIFIED...

For, if that were the case, the 20th spot would go to the league that provides the winner of this season’s Champions Cup.

With holders Leinster and fellow Irish big guns Munster in the last four, that league could very well be the PRO14, which would then earn an additional eighth qualifying spot.

What would happen then is both fourth-placed finishers from the two conferences would go through to Europe’s main competition.

And the odds are they will both be Welsh sides.

We are bound to have the fourth-placed side in Conference A, with Cardiff Blues and the Ospreys fighting it out for that spot on Judgement Day.

And it’s very likely that the Scarlets will finish fourth in Conference B.

Even though both fourth-placed sides could yet progress to the Champions Cup, the play-off would still have to go ahead as the TOP14 regular season doesn’t finish until the following week out in France.

But in the meantime, fingers will be firmly crossed that results go our way elsewhere.

So come on Leinster and Munster and best wishes to La Rochelle and Sale!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-could-still-two-teams-16131141

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 8:43am
I posted about this 6 pages ago.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 8:47am
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

wales online must have missed so can you mark posts FAO walesonline,it helps them a lot.WinkLOL
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 9:02am
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Ah sorry, I read this whilst on the throne this morning!
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2019 at 9:14am
not Games of Throne Fscarlet????? Smile
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
  Share Topic