Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

League run in...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 19>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2019 at 3:57pm
Benneton (46pts) 56 points

Edinburgh (H) 4
Connacht (A) 1
Leinster (A) 0
Munster (H) 1
Zebre (A) 4

Ulster (44pts) 55 points

Dragons (A) 0
S. Kings (H) 5
Glasgow (A) 1
Edinburgh (A) 1
Leinster (H) 4

Edinburgh (42pts) 51 points

Benneton (A) 1     
Leinster (H) 4
Scarlets (A) 0
Ulster (H) 4
Glasgow (A) 0

Scarlets (41pts) 63 points

Munster (H) 4
Blues (A) 4
Edinburgh (H) 5
Zebre (H) 5
Dragons (A) 4

I think we will be clear in 2nd by the time the final games come around and it will be the others fighting out for the 3rd and 4th spots. Luckily we have Edinburgh home the week after they play Munster in the Champions cup QFs , this could work in our favour as they will be pretty battered from this game and cant see them sending their 1st choice team down. Our away form is a concern but Arms park is normally like a home game for us, we take a load of support there. Dragons away is one I am a bit wary off, I know they got hammered last weekend but we always struggle against them in the Principality and they have put some improved performances in lately.

Hopefully we have our welsh stars back again this weekend and then we should have enough to beat Munster , hopefully Tadgh wont be playing for them , him on his own is enough to beat anyone.
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2019 at 4:12pm
Next 2 games are key.

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2019 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

Benneton (46pts) 56 points

Edinburgh (H) 4
Connacht (A) 1
Leinster (A) 0
Munster (H) 1
Zebre (A) 4

Ulster (44pts) 55 points

Dragons (A) 0
S. Kings (H) 5
Glasgow (A) 1
Edinburgh (A) 1
Leinster (H) 4

Edinburgh (42pts) 51 points

Benneton (A) 1     
Leinster (H) 4
Scarlets (A) 0
Ulster (H) 4
Glasgow (A) 0

Scarlets (41pts) 63 points

Munster (H) 4
Blues (A) 4
Edinburgh (H) 5
Zebre (H) 5
Dragons (A) 4

I think we will be clear in 2nd by the time the final games come around and it will be the others fighting out for the 3rd and 4th spots. Luckily we have Edinburgh home the week after they play Munster in the Champions cup QFs , this could work in our favour as they will be pretty battered from this game and cant see them sending their 1st choice team down. Our away form is a concern but Arms park is normally like a home game for us, we take a load of support there. Dragons away is one I am a bit wary off, I know they got hammered last weekend but we always struggle against them in the Principality and they have put some improved performances in lately.

Hopefully we have our welsh stars back again this weekend and then we should have enough to beat Munster , hopefully Tadgh wont be playing for them , him on his own is enough to beat anyone.
Ulster get 0 points against the Drags? That will be some result for the Men of Gwent!
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2019 at 4:52pm
 25/02/2019R17 oppPointsR18 oppPointsR19 oppPointsR20 oppPointsR21 oppPointsTotal
Leinster68CHE H5EDI A4BEN H5GLA H4ULS A490
Edinburgh42BEN A4LEI H0SCA A1ULS H4GLA A152
Benetton46EDI H1CON A1LEI A0MUN H1ZEB A554
Scarlets41MUN H4CAR A1EDI H4ZEB H5DRA A459
Ulster44DRA A4KIN H5GLA A1EDI A1LEI H055
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2019 at 5:03pm
I agree with that Scarlets run in projection.
I see Benetton taking Edinburgh apart for a 5 pointer this weekend though.They are unbeaten in 7.

Edited by Wil Chips - 25 February 2019 at 5:06pm
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2019 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I agree with that Scarlets run in projection.
I see Benetton taking Edinburgh apart for a 5 pointer this weekend though.They are unbeaten in 7.
Yeah I wavered over that one a bit, but I reckon they're due for a slip.

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2019 at 5:56pm
That’s true as well...Edinburgh will figure that one as a must win after last weekend and a tough run in.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2019 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

So here’s the thing...all our completion for a top 3 have to play Leinster.

All predictions is that they will get zip from that fixture.

Leinster play Cheetahs in Dublin next week, can’t see anything but a home win, so Leinster will then have won our conference.

That may have a ( possibly significant) influence on the team they select in and around the European knock out stages in April ....

Ulster and Benetton look to be the main challengers to us ( Edinburgh’s loss to the Blues is a real blow to them and they travel to Benetton next week too...tough one).

I like Benetton’s chances if they win that, then it’s down to us and Ulster...last game of the season for
Ulster is v Leinster....you can see where I’m going with this right...

I can see no more than 5 points between us, Benetton and Ulster at the end of the season ( with Edinburgh tailed off ).

It’s one surprise win or loss that will define things.

I have a feeling that Leinster will not pick their strongest side if Ulster need a win to get top three in our conference !

Treviso beat Leinster at the RDS at the end of last season. Once Leinster have the league in the bag they won’t be so focussed.

Edited by SA14 - 26 February 2019 at 4:13pm
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2019 at 10:34am
Looking at all of the remaining teams run-ins, including ours, if we win them all, then we'll finish second I have no doubt at all.

Even with the season that we've had with injuries etc, I still think we're good enough for a Pro14 semi-final, and then who knows.

Will be a good end to the season if we can finish on a positive and have half a chance of reaching the Pro14 final StarStarStar
Scarlets!!!
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2019 at 10:52am
Basically five wins and whatever way you work the other teams fixtures really we finish second. Four wins; still in with a good shout of second with bonus points, should get third regardless. Three wins; good shout of third with a very healthy collection of bonus points and providing we beat Edinburgh, fail to pick up bonus points and we have a disaster on our hands.

Every game is a key game but I'm not too worried about the Zebra and Drags games.

Munster - Need to win at all costs, anyway, anyhow!!! I'll take a 3-0!
Cardiff - The one I'm most worried about. Win this and I think we fly the rest of the season. Doesn't matter if they get try bonus or losing bonus, we have to go at them!
Edinburgh - Very similar situation to when we went to them last year. They'll either be realing from being knocked out or looking forward to a semi. Either way they'll be battered, their Scottish internationals are also going to have played a lot of rugby due to their gazzilion injuries. Could very well be if we beat them they are out of contention as I don't see them picking up more than a couple of points against Leinster and Benetton.
Zebra and Dragons should be atleast 9 points - No excuses.
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2019 at 5:27pm
I wrote a piece yesterday for ScarletFever72, a relatively new website which focuses on all things Scarlets.

Have a read:

“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
Devonscarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devonscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2019 at 9:53am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by Devonscarlet Devonscarlet wrote:

Looking for advice regarding judgement day. Do the scarlets get an allocation where the majority of fans will sit or is it a general free for all? I thought I'd seem them somewhere on the scarlets ticket site but can't seem to find them there any longer. Otherwise I'll just order through the WRU. Many thanks

We have booked our tickets through the Scarlets ticket office ,we are in middle tier £20 tickets as season ticket holders in that block we have 350 seats so no excuse why we cannot create an, ,atmosphere.

I've just purchased tickets for judgement day in U8 this morning available through Scarkets ticket office at £10 for season ticket holders. Last day of them being on sale through Scarlets at this price is today apparently. In case this is of interest to anyone.
DevonScarlet
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2019 at 12:27pm
So Leinster beat the Cheetahs 19-7 (puts our score last week in context) and have a 26 pt lead in Conference B, giving them a home semi-final.  So, what would you do if you were Schmidt, risk your players in the last 4 fixtures, or back off a little?

Could have ramifications for our run-in!
Joshua24:15
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2019 at 12:53pm
At last someone agrees with me....mutter mutter...
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2019 at 1:09pm
This could have huge ramifications for us if they were to rest key players in the remainder of the conference games. They play all of our challengers for a playoff place and only play 1 fixture against a team from the other conference in Munster.
We just have to win all our remaining fixtures.
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2019 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

This could have huge ramifications for us if they were to rest key players in the remainder of the conference games. They play all of our challengers for a playoff place and only play 1 fixture against a team from the other conference in Munster.
We just have to win all our remaining fixtures.
Can’t see Leinster not looking for victories even if they don’t play their international boys. Neither will Schmitt want the Ireland boys sitting on their backsides for a month. Leinster’s 2nd side will give most teams a headache. They should still win their respective games against our league competitors regardless of squad selection. (hopefully)
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 19>
  Share Topic