Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kieran Hardy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kieran Hardy
    Posted: 07 January 2019 at 7:15pm
I thought Hardy had an excellent game on the weekend.    It seems to have gone largely unnoticed. Da iawn Kieran dal ati. I hope this   gives him confidence to really push on and push for a permanent starting spot.

Edited by LLANDRE - 07 January 2019 at 7:15pm
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Sponsored Links

Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 7:36pm
I'm a fan. Much needed speedy service. Made a big, positive impact on our game.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 9:48pm
As did Sam when he came on. A bit of pressure on Cawder is no bad thing.🤗
Keep the faith
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 9:59pm
His best game by far, his service has always been quick but he was much more dangerous ball in hand and up against a half decent back row.  Yes we were on the front foot all game but he showed up very well.
Feverpitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feverpitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 10:06pm
He deserved the start on the weekend based on previous performances and didn't disappoint. Quick accurate service and also kept the defence on their toes with a few sniping runs. Will make this weekend's selection interesting. I would start Hardy with Cawdor on the bench. Unfortunately SHC has still not found his Edinburgh form or done enough to be included in 23.
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Feverpitch Feverpitch wrote:

He deserved the start on the weekend based on previous performances and didn't disappoint. Quick accurate service and also kept the defence on their toes with a few sniping runs. Will make this weekend's selection interesting. I would start Hardy with Cawdor on the bench. Unfortunately SHC has still not found his Edinburgh form or done enough to be included in 23.

I would say SHC showed a lot more promise than what Gareth Davies has this season in a Scarlets jersey, I'd stick with the two from the weekend and change it up the next time one of them plays poorly, I think they deserve that. Especially as Gareth Davies will be off with team Wales shortly.
Feverpitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feverpitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 11:29am
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

Originally posted by Feverpitch Feverpitch wrote:

I would say SHC showed a lot more promise than what Gareth Davies has this season in a Scarlets jersey, I'd stick with the two from the weekend and change it up the next time one of them plays poorly, I think they deserve that. Especially as Gareth Davies will be off with team Wales shortly.

Fair point.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 12:03pm

Kieran was excellent !
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 1:25pm
Sam HC also upped his game when he came on and that SC poachers try was spot on ,so good to see Kieran and SHC do well and remember we still have Jonny Evans now back.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 4:17pm
Sam can cover flyhalf and wing and is also an accomplished goalkicker that has played international rugby. Must find a place for him in the 23.
Keep the faith
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Sam can cover flyhalf and wing and is also an accomplished goalkicker that has played international rugby. Must find a place for him in the 23.

I think we've been unlucky in that Sam, and Cassiem to certain extent haven't quite been able to get a run of games together in order to hit form and that Blade has been injured. One of many reasons outside of our control that have contributed to the disappointing outcomes of the last 4/5 months.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 4:43pm
Kieran was very good... Scarlets seem to be able to find good 9s, props and 2s... need more development players to come through in other positions (second row, 8).
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 5:39pm
it's about time players were picked on form not reputation.
elmo761 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo761 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2019 at 8:54pm
Da iawn Kieran, lots of positive comments in work and chatting with friends this week. Certainly didn’t go unnoticed. I would give him the nod on Saturday, he deserves it and would be excellent experience
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/Elmo761
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 9:10am
Well worthy of his starting shirt on Saturday. Superb accurate service, plenty of gas, eye for the gap and a little bit of Spiky in his attitude. Also a decent box kicker. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 9:13am
Yep, I called it last week before the team was announced that we look much more dangerous when he came on for SHC (against Edinburgh I think). Really pleased to see he played with the same zip, definite starter for Saturday for me. Will probably be up against Ben Youngs too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic