Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

English Championship Clubs in the Pro 14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: English Championship Clubs in the Pro 14
    Posted: 13 January 2019 at 5:03pm
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/english-rugby-clubs-shock-bid-15671247?fbclid=IwAR1bKTNiqxuVYUmjCTAaIAp288BMlWPWp7xWpc83ARCyM-2jvYTCFwScVfg

See, our little Pro14 league isn't that bad. More teams want to join all the time such as Ealing Trailfinders. Maybe we can expand to something like a 24-team league with promotion and relegation and have an RGC side and a Ponty-based side to make up the numbers, keep everyone happy then. 
Sponsored Links

John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 5:18pm
We're in danger of becoming a bed and breakfast organisation for the homeless. I know our third XV got royally stuffed at Ealing last season but do they seriously think they would be a match for any of the pro 14 teams other than perhaps the Kings? To compete they would have to bring in alot of players of international calibre or close to it and apart from Bristol, no championship side has ever shown any inclination to do that.  .
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2019 at 6:41pm
The quicker we get into bed with any form of English rugby the better.

Pity it's just not the Welsh 4 though.
joni_bach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 5:53pm
Rather alarming that 4-become-2 isn't off the table either:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/radical-plan-ospreys-scarlets-dragons-15676696?fbclid=IwAR0QlmiZVaNqP8jVSBqgs-AZA24Cfv9TWMv8wK41LYUVJ8mAEBw8MWIEYuM
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 6:17pm
The number who complain about the PRO14 on here still go to the games. I find that confusing.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by joni_bach joni_bach wrote:

Rather alarming that 4-become-2 isn't off the table either:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/radical-plan-ospreys-scarlets-dragons-15676696?fbclid=IwAR0QlmiZVaNqP8jVSBqgs-AZA24Cfv9TWMv8wK41LYUVJ8mAEBw8MWIEYuM

I think that this is either a typical western mail story with little substance, or the WRU trying to lower the expectations of the 4regions by threatening to merge them. If that is the case, I’d be very worried for regional rugby going forward, because if it came off and didn’t work, where would they go from there to try and rescue the situation. I think if that was seriously on the cards, I’d be extremely worried if I was either an Osprey or a Blue as they both have well documented financial issues and neither own their own grounds.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

The number who complain about the PRO14 on here still go to the games. I find that confusing.
😴😴😴
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic