Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > RANDOM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Knee replacement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Knee replacement
    Posted: 15 January 2019 at 11:04am
My apologies in advance if this subject is not considered postable. It occurred to me with so many ex- players contributing that information about the waiting lists, procedures etc may be of some assistance to anyone considering the above.

I have suffered for 40+ years with an old rugby injury which curtailed my playing career and I am about to undergo this procedure. If anyone is interested to find out about this please let me know and I will share my experiences.
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2019 at 1:10pm
Good luck with the operation.

My father had one and the key, it appears, is to be really diligent in the physio and exercises.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2019 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Good luck with the operation.

My father had one and the key, it appears, is to be really diligent in the physio and exercises.

Thanks very much EO. 

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2019 at 9:24am
Good luck GPR, both my knees are cream crackered but too scared to look into having them done. had cartilidge done on both years ago, but there is still ligament damage in them.
hope all goes well mate, let me know how it goes
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2019 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Good luck GPR, both my knees are cream crackered but too scared to look into having them done. had cartilidge done on both years ago, but there is still ligament damage in them.
hope all goes well mate, let me know how it goes

I will keep you informed TRebel. Thanks for the sentiments. I too have had cartileages removed from both knees many many years ago. My right knee is ok but I tore both ligamants in my left knee 40 + years ago playing and the treatment then was a little different to today!!!! Hopefully I can share the information with you and hopefully ease your worries. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2019 at 3:33pm
Can we rename this thread as 'Tales from A&E' ?

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2019 at 4:59pm
Good luck with the op, GPR... good health is really important to enjoying life.

Edited by aber-fan - 17 January 2019 at 5:00pm
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2019 at 9:37am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Good luck with the op, GPR... good health is really important to enjoying life.

Thanks Aber. 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 8:54am
how did the operation go GPR? how are you feeling?
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 9:07am

Thanks for asking. Not scheduled to have the op until 7/2/2019 so will let you know in a couple of weeks. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 9:35am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Thanks for asking. Not scheduled to have the op until 7/2/2019 so will let you know in a couple of weeks. 
You will soon be back flicking those knees in your River Dancing club GPR 😉!!!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 9:46am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

You will soon be back flicking those knees in your River Dancing club GPR 😉!!!

Cheers mate - that thought terrifies me at the moment.Wink
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 3:57pm

Well op went ahead as planned last Thursday. I am home now recovering. Next two weeks will be  a testing time with my exercise regime and pain management programme being fundamental for my long term recovery.

If you would like to discuss any aspects in detail then PM me and you can give me a call. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 4:25pm

Well op went ahead as planned last Thursday. I am home now recovering. Next two weeks will be  a testing time with my exercise regime and pain management programme being fundamental for my long term recovery.

If you would like to discuss any aspects in detail then PM me and you can give me a call. 

Recovering from this sort of thing is a balance - try to do as much as you can, but not to the point of damaging yourself. 

Take care.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 7:09pm
I’d echo Aber’s advice.

Don’t stint on the exercise. Dad was made to go up and down stairs in the hospital before he was released.

At times like this, the retirement bungalow that is often popular has its downside.

Good luck
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 9:03pm
I ruptured all   four of my knee ligaments
Anterior Posterior Lateral and medial. Best of luck with your recovery.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic