Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rhys Webb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rhys Webb
    Posted: 28 January 2019 at 2:03pm
Reported today that Rhys' fiancee & their 3 children are returning from France to live in Wales permanently. 
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2019 at 2:07pm
Shame not to make the most of the life opportunity but it’s up to them
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2019 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Reported today that Rhys' fiancee & their 3 children are returning from France to live in Wales permanently. 

Yeah the kids have had a very hard time settling in, the eldest has had a couple of issues in school with Rhys & his fiancee being called in to discuss....

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2019 at 2:28pm
Money ain't everything. Sadly he's not the first to have failed to settle in France.

£550k per season sounds great, but sadly it seems that it has cost his eldest son some angst. Rhys still has 2 years left on his contract after this season.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2019 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Hes got a life opportunity in wales too, he can always go back when his test career is over and maybe his children are a little older....or perhaps one day as a coach...if not well he can always visit there as a pundit or holiday there or get a villa with the moola hes made

Edited by roy munster - 28 January 2019 at 3:15pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2019 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Hes got a life opportunity in wales too, he can always go back when his test career is over and maybe his children are a little older....or perhaps one day as a coach...if not well he can always visit there as a pundit or holiday there or get a villa with the moola hes made

it’s only the family coming back .. BUT they may just be the scouting party! 😋
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 9:53am
I'd be very surprised if Rhys sees out the full duration of the contract. It will be difficult for the family spending so much time apart.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 10:06am
Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

I'd be very surprised if Rhys sees out the full duration of the contract. It will be difficult for the family spending so much time apart.

Agreed RE. He signed a 3 year deal, and this is his first season, so he still has two and a half years to go. It seems that he was well advised by his agent !!!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 10:11am
Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

I tend to agree with this, though things may be made a little easier next season as I think the French scrum half is moving to Toulon & the mad hatter of an owner is looking to sign a further 12-15 players!
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 10:25am
I really find this so frustrating, if he came back and got to the world cup via the back door, and I was one of the 9's in the squad, I would have to think long and hard, if I wanted to be part of an organisation that treated loyal players like this.

I really think I'd retire from international rugby.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 10:38am
why are you retiring from your hypothetical test career , why dai why?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 10:38am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

why are you retiring from your hypothetical test career , why dai why?

Say it ain't so!!!!
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 10:49am
I'm still young enough to be considered especially if they play in the summer.

I hate these cold wet days in the winter, I don't even play golf, but I know I have a future, even taking my boots to Japan in case !!!!!

P.S If Rhys is in the squad, I'll be burning my boots.

All hypothetical of course.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 10:54am
Sorry-----I am going to Japan though----Honest
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 11:09am
To me this is only going one way - Rhys will stick out this season and say to Toulon ion 3 or 4 months time "I've really given it my best shot but I really can't live away from my young family like this, so please can I end my contract?" They will say OK and he will then join a Welsh team (even if just on a one year contract) and be in the RWC squad
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2019 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

To me this is only going one way - Rhys will stick out this season and say to Toulon ion 3 or 4 months time "I've really given it my best shot but I really can't live away from my young family like this, so please can I end my contract?" They will say OK and he will then join a Welsh team (even if just on a one year contract) and be in the RWC squad

Yes my money would be on him being in Japan. Lets be honest about it he should be in the Welsh squad at the moment. He is our best 9 by some distance. Would the WRU have treated Faletau that way? My guess is absolutely not. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic