Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Six Nations 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v France teams & thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales v France teams & thread
    Posted: 30 January 2019 at 9:12am
15. Liam Williams  
15. Maxime Medard
14. George North
14. Damian Penaud
13. Jonathan Davies
13. Wesley Fofana
12. Hadleigh Parkes
12. Romain Ntamack
11. Josh Adams
11. Yoann Huget 
10. Gareth Anscombe
10. Camille Lopez
9. Tomos Williams
9. Morgan Parra
1. Rob Evans
1. Jefferson Poirot 
2. Ken Owens
2. Guilhem Guirado (capt) 
3. Tomas Francis
3. Uini Antonio
4. Adam Beard
4. Sébastien Vahaamahina 
5. Alun Wyn Jones (c)
5. Paul Willemse 
6. Josh Navidi
6. Wenceslas Lauret 
7. Justin Tipuric
7. Arthur Iturria 
8. Ross Moriarty
8. Louis Picamoles 

Replacements:

16. Elliot Dee
16. Julien Marchand 
17. Wyn Jones
17. Dany Priso
18. Samson Lee
18. Demba Bamba
19. Cory Hill
19. Félix Lambey 
20. Aaron Wainwright 20. Grégory Alldritt 
21. Gareth Davies
21. Baptiste Serin 
22. Dan Biggar
22. Gaël Fickou 
23. Owen Watkin
23. Geoffrey Doumayrou 

Edited by Fscarlet - 30 January 2019 at 11:03am
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 9:46am
That's a monster French pack, packing down at an average of 19st 1lb!!!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Most of that is covered by Antonio the prop!!!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 9:51am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Most of that is covered by Antonio the prop!!!

To be fair the second rows are 19st 12lbs & 21st 4lbs!! Confused
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 9:52am

You got the backline spot on there. I quietly fancy our chances against that midfield. I would feel even more confident if Scott was available to start at 12 but at least Hadleigh started to look more himself in the last couple of games - nowhere near his best though. Wales will be looking to move that pack around & use our pace and fitness in the final quarter to pull clear - sounds simple when you say it like that doesn't it? 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 9:53am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

You got the backline spot on there. I quietly fancy our chances against that midfield. I would feel even more confident if Scott was available to start at 12 but at least Hadleigh started to look more himself in the last couple of games - nowhere near his best though. Wales will be looking to move that pack around & use our pace and fitness in the final quarter to pull clear - sounds simple when you say it like that doesn't it? 

Hehe I couldn't see the forwards from my spying post in France LOLLOL

Totally agree buddy, as much as I rate Fofana he has been dogged by injuries & I imagine Foxy will relish being up against a 6 nations debutant.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 10:35am

It always is but they often give up a lot of penalties (not trying to jinx us here). Last three fixtures: Loss to Fiji, beat Argentina, loss to South Africa. All at home.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 11:03am

Wales: Liam Williams; George North, Jonathan Davies, Hadleigh Parkes, Josh Adams; Gareth Anscombe, Tomos Williams; Rob Evans, Ken Owens, Tomas Francis; Adam Beard, Alun Wyn Jones; Josh Navidi, Justin Tipuric, Ross Moriarty.

Reps: Elliot Dee, Wyn Jones, Samson Lee, Cory Hill, Aaron Wainwright, Gareth Davies, Dan Biggar, Owen Watkin.

Edited by minded - 30 January 2019 at 11:03am
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 11:19am
Cawdor coming on as replacement as the game starts breaking up will be interesting to see. With his pace and eye for a gap, I wouldn't be surprised to see him score.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Cawdor coming on as replacement as the game starts breaking up will be interesting to see. With his pace and eye for a gap, I wouldn't be surprised to see him score.

Well Ffidel you have often extolled the virtue of Cawdor off the bench with Aled, a better tactical kicker starting. We shall see on Friday. He will, of course, be absolutely buzzing to get on and show who is no 1 and I, for one, would not bet against him changing the game.. Surprised to see Watkin on the bench would have thought that Amos made more sense covering 11,13,14 & 15. 

Huge pressure on the no 9 to perform in what is going to be by far the biggest game of his life. Also think I would have gone with Wainwright starting & Navidi on the bench. Also surprised to see no place for Jake. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 11:49am
Massive congratulations to all the Scarlets players selected but in particular to our regions captain Ken Owens who becomes Wales most-capped hooker as he earns his 61st appearance for Wales on Friday night.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 11:54am

Massive congratulations to all the Scarlets players selected but in particular to our regions captain Ken Owens who becomes Wales most-capped hooker as he earns his 61st appearance for Wales on Friday night.

Yes well done indeed Ken. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 12:15pm
How good is the french back row?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

How good is the french back row?

Well interesting question. Picamoles we all know. Think his best days are behind him. Big lump but not as explosive as Moriarty. Lauret is a decent player & Iturria I don't know much about. Big lad 6 foot 6 inches and 112 kgs. No out and out 7 there & I fancy our breakdown chances. They really appear to have gone for total bulk. They are really a massive pack and if we can safeguard our own set piece then we are in the ball game. 

Again the usual matters will come to the fore when playing France - discipline will be key to mounting pressure and territorial advantage. We won't be fancying too many scrums in our 22 for instance especially early doors with the crowd baying for blood. The longer this game goes on with us in touch the better our chances. 

As with all French teams of course they could blow us away in the first 20 minutes but I think this squad is made of tough stuff mentally and confidence/momentum from a 9 match winning run will certainly count for something. Shaun Edwards will have been busy trying to maintain our ranking as the best defensive team in the World. I am looking forward to this. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 12:56pm
The French generally play left and right flanker I think. Looks like we're conceding 15 kg or so in the backrow, mostly due to Picamoles. Lauret is the same weight as Tipuric so not as underweight as I thought initially. Scrums could be a problem early on but I think move them around the park to try and nullify that weight issue and work off strong defence and fitness as per. Early discipline and tactical game is key - even deep kicks to Medard could well be useful to keep the ball in play and tire out their bigger forwards but avoiding silly knock ons would be a plan!

Interesting game, AIs aside they're still tough at home but how is their confidence and squad unity? Both have been lacking in France sides of recent years.
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2019 at 2:07pm
Those 2 french locks are monsters
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic