Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Six Nations 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v England teams & thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2019 at 6:26am
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

I think Johnny May answered any questions about England under the high ball, he was superb, indeed the back 3 played well. 

He was indeed, the whole english back three were superb and the centres too....I cant recall ireland ever taken to the cleaners aerially ...The English kicking game was superb. Gats and co will be up nights working on his masterplan to counter this threat. 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2019 at 9:40am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Massive loss for England , I know theyve got a long list of class locks but none are as good as itoje

He is, of course, a big loss but nowhere near the loss AWJ would be to Wales. Kruis, Lawes & Launchbury will hold the fort. However they can't afford any more 2nd row injuries. Ireland are sweating on the fitness of Toner with Henderson & Beirne already out. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2019 at 11:59am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Massive loss for England , I know theyve got a long list of class locks but none are as good as itoje

He is, of course, a big loss but nowhere near the loss AWJ would be to Wales. Kruis, Lawes & Launchbury will hold the fort. However they can't afford any more 2nd row injuries. Ireland are sweating on the fitness of Toner with Henderson & Beirne already out. 

I guess that the Irish back up will be Roux and Dillane. Roux made an appearance off the bench on Saturday.

Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2019 at 12:23pm
They have called up Billy Holland as well
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2019 at 1:43pm

We have ball beard seb davies and cory hill....All of whom have really settled well into test rugby
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2019 at 2:04pm

We have ball beard seb davies and cory hill....All of whom have really settled well into test rugby

We do have some depth I agree but I think our odds would weaken if AWJ didn't play against England, Scotland or Ireland. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2019 at 2:20pm

We do have some depth I agree but I think our odds would weaken if AWJ didn't play against England, Scotland or Ireland. 

These back ups offer a lot of different qualities....beard is a big industrious bugger...ball is the most physical he hits hard and carries well....seb looks a natural with good all round skills and cory hill has surprised everyone with his all round game. AWJ would be missed as a world class lock and for the innumerable other qualities he brings, but we do have some depth
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2019 at 2:27pm

These back ups offer a lot of different qualities....beard is a big industrious bugger...ball is the most physical he hits hard and carries well....seb looks a natural with good all round skills and cory hill has surprised everyone with his all round game. AWJ would be missed as a world class lock and for the innumerable other qualities he brings, but we do have some depth

Well we are going to have to do without him sooner or later I would just prefer it not to be until after the World Cup!!!! I think a long term combination of Beard & Seb would be an interesting combination. 
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2019 at 2:28pm
One day we will have to play without AWJ, maybe we should try a game without him, and dare I say against one of the better teams !!
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2019 at 3:07pm
whatever happens lets hope he has a golden swansong...with his work ethic I wouldnt put another lions tour past him....Beyond all that who knows, but Id like to see him stay in the game in a coaching capacity too
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2019 at 4:07pm

whatever happens lets hope he has a golden swansong...with his work ethic I wouldnt put another lions tour past him....Beyond all that who knows, but Id like to see him stay in the game in a coaching capacity too

The guys a machine. Even allowing for the fact that he is well looked after how many games does he miss for Wales? Can see him going to South Africa in 2021 if he stays playing in Wales. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2019 at 6:17pm
He must look after himself extremely well , Im sure theres a knack to how he avoids endless injuries too......if you include his swansea games and wales u20s hes played 418 first class games thus far and nearly all of them at the elite level.Touch wood, but he rarely gets injured compared to most others and considering his physicality and being in the boiler house, thats incredible.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic