Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Six Nations 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Halfpenny fit to play v England

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Halfpenny fit to play v England
    Posted: 12 February 2019 at 11:25am
Hasn't featured for months in a Scarlets shirt, but fit to play against England.

Something stinks here......
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 11:32am
Passed fit by us and joined Wales today.
Beefs army View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefs army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 11:32am
Crazy, he needs game time and not thrown back in the deep end.
Bill Shankly: "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 11:52am

It would be crazy to put Leigh in against England even if he plays at Treviso,needs to be brought on gradually for his confidence and long term future I feel after such a serious injury ..
Havard Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Havard Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 11:56am
To be honest, this is the agreement that the region's have signed up for and are financially compensated for. Scarlets, at present, more so than the other regions.

If Gatland and co want Halfpenny to have a run out against Benneton, then it's their decision to release. Likewise with the others mentioned. As a Scarlets fan I would like as many back as possible to give us a good chance, however history has not been on our side here.

I think Halfpenny and Patchell may have a game. I doubt we will get any other releases in case there are any injuries in camp over the next week and a half.

Main thing is that this is great news for Leigh. It must have been a really worrying time for him and his family to have that injury for so long. Hopefully he will have no more concussions for the rest of his career.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 12:15pm
Wales squad member joins Wales camp.

I don’t see the challenge here.

Having not played a game in 3 months only a bizarre and rampaging round of the sh*ts to every other contender for the back 3 shirt could see him play.
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Wales squad member joins Wales camp.

I don’t see the challenge here.

Having not played a game in 3 months only a bizarre and rampaging round of the sh*ts to every other contender for the back 3 shirt could see him play.

I hope you are right but I think if he looks sharp enough in training and possibly gets 60 against Treviso Gats will chuck him in.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 1:24pm
HP is so good under the high ball and as a penalty kicker I don't see how he'll be left out of the 23 v England.

Hopefully he can have 60 minutes against Benneton first, same with Patch.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 1:37pm
Hope Leigh will be okay and not rushed back too soon but think he needs a game with the Scarlets before being selected for Wales! I spoke to Aled Davies in the airport on way back from Rome and he told me that he was back in the Wales Camp on Wednesday (tomorrow)! Said squad had a very enjoyable time in Nice even though they were worked very hard but it was also great as the weather was lovely and a change from training in miserable wet and windy weather! What a lovely young man Aled is as took time to chat with us and we also chatted to Gareth Davies, Jonathan Davies, Rob Evans and Ryan Elias and had a wave from a few other Welsh players which made our trip! SmileThumbs Up
"YMA O HYD"
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 2:06pm
First game against England sounds crazy to me although Gatland plays full contact rugby in training doesn't he so Leigh may be sharp enough. Common sense however,suggests he plays for us for 50 minutes in Italy but it wont happen I suspect.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 2:11pm
None of the negative comments make sense.

It is the SCARLETS who have declared Halfpenny and Patchell fit:

"Pivac says Halfpenny's fitness has been fully tested during a Scarlets training match.

"He did everything - full contact, full tackling - we had a mini-game scenario with no hiding places and he was taking high balls, getting clattered and did everything he needed to do," he said.

"He goes back as 'available', in consideration for Wales, and if they feel they need a game, we'll slot them in (against Benetton)."Patchell was injured against Ospreys in December, while Halfpenny was due to return against Cardiff Blues the following week, but suffered a recurrence of headaches.

"Both trained with us yesterday [Monday] and did everything with contact, both passed with flying colours," said Pivac.

"They'll return to Warren and his Wales group, and they'll make a call as to what they want to do from there after Wales training on Wednesday.

"Patch has also been out for a number of weeks and it was good to see both of them flying at everything - both can't wait to get on the field.

So - the situation is as follows:

1. Scarlets say both 1/2p and Patchell fit for consideration.

2. Scarlets send players to Wales squad, BUT

3. Scarlets hope they will be released to play v Benneton if Wales want them to have game time - which would be no bad thing, would it?

I don't know why people need to see a conspiracy in everything...Confused

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47210774

“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

None of the negative comments make sense.

It is the SCARLETS who have declared Halfpenny and Patchell fit:

"Pivac says Halfpenny's fitness has been fully tested during a Scarlets training match.

"He did everything - full contact, full tackling - we had a mini-game scenario with no hiding places and he was taking high balls, getting clattered and did everything he needed to do," he said.

"He goes back as 'available', in consideration for Wales, and if they feel they need a game, we'll slot them in (against Benetton)."Patchell was injured against Ospreys in December, while Halfpenny was due to return against Cardiff Blues the following week, but suffered a recurrence of headaches.

"Both trained with us yesterday [Monday] and did everything with contact, both passed with flying colours," said Pivac.

"They'll return to Warren and his Wales group, and they'll make a call as to what they want to do from there after Wales training on Wednesday.

"Patch has also been out for a number of weeks and it was good to see both of them flying at everything - both can't wait to get on the field.

So - the situation is as follows:

1. Scarlets say both 1/2p and Patchell fit for consideration.

2. Scarlets send players to Wales squad, BUT

3. Scarlets hope they will be released to play v Benneton if Wales want them to have game time - which would be no bad thing, would it?

I don't know why people need to see a conspiracy in everything...Confused

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47210774

Totally agree Aber. 100% Gatland's call. 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 3:15pm
Controversial I know, but I'm glad Leigh has been passed fit and is back playing. I was worried he would be out for the rest of the season. 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 3:28pm
agree dr martinov, just great having leigh back, he and his family must have been very very worried with the break. been impressed by the way the scarlets have handled it mind.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

HP is so good under the high ball and as a penalty kicker I don't see how he'll be left out of the 23 v England.

Hopefully he can have 60 minutes against Benneton first, same with Patch.

That’s a pint on that.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2019 at 7:56pm
Delighted Leigh and Rhys are back up and running, fully.

Leigh was certainly a worry.

Now, or soon, let’s hope we are welcoming the return of our swishing Blade.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic