Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Six Nations 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v England

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 2:32pm
If those of you who are trying to take apart the English performances are doing it to try to make the rest of us feel better - you're not!!!! They totally outplayed the Irish by being better at the kick chase, showing more power at the gainline and carrying harder. They had a 10 who just looked at the French defensive set up and picked the holes allowing simple tries. Put in that position the two Welsh 10's would have stuck with whatever plan Gatland had told them.

This is a far better England team than that which played in last season's 6 nations and they deserve the credit being given to them. Can we beat them - of course we can; will we have to show much improvement - definitely. Get back to getting our basics spot on and we will give ourselves a chance. 
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

If those of you who are trying to take apart the English performances are doing it to try to make the rest of us feel better - you're not!!!! They totally outplayed the Irish by being better at the kick chase, showing more power at the gainline and carrying harder. They had a 10 who just looked at the French defensive set up and picked the holes allowing simple tries. Put in that position the two Welsh 10's would have stuck with whatever plan Gatland had told them.

This is a far better England team than that which played in last season's 6 nations and they deserve the credit being given to them. Can we beat them - of course we can; will we have to show much improvement - definitely. Get back to getting our basics spot on and we will give ourselves a chance. 

Indeed. Beating the 6 Nations champions, the Irish well (away remember) and hammering the French at Twickers is very impressive stuff. Disliked by other nations certainly on the field ,Farrell is a skilful general and so clinical whilst being a very strong tackler. The backs are fast (plus punchy powerhouse Tuiliagi) and have showed great opportunism, whilst the forwards are as ever,  strong.  I fear for us. We need to play much better to give us a chance to win this game. Lets hope we do . 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 4:28pm
Nah -they missed 33 tackles against the French, who decided not to employ a back 3 defence, and if our Nigel hadn't gifted them two second half tries and gave an unjustified yellow card to the froggies, while not carding the Sais 3 for a blatant attack on the smallest French forward, then the French would have won the second half.
 England's two best forwards are injured and the other hulks will be playing on dry ground under a closed roof with a patriotic crowd. Moreover we can trust Gatland and co find a way to put pressure on Farrell and bring May and his mates back to headless-chicken status.

Feeling better GPR -I certainly am -I've almost convinced myself!!
tigerburnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 5:35pm
It has the makings of a great game, if nerves and a lousy ref don't spoil it. 
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2019 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

playing on dry ground under a closed roof

Certain of this?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2019 at 11:02am

Nah -they missed 33 tackles against the French, who decided not to employ a back 3 defence, and if our Nigel hadn't gifted them two second half tries and gave an unjustified yellow card to the froggies, while not carding the Sais 3 for a blatant attack on the smallest French forward, then the French would have won the second half.
 England's two best forwards are injured and the other hulks will be playing on dry ground under a closed roof with a patriotic crowd. Moreover we can trust Gatland and co find a way to put pressure on Farrell and bring May and his mates back to headless-chicken status.

Yes that makes me feel great Ffidel Wink. We certainly have far more room for improvement than they do thats for sure. Get our basics right and find a momentum changer early doors - Cawdor intercept, Moriarty hit on Farrell, back 3 drop ball giving us good scrum position. If we aren't giving them points & making them work hard we will grow into the game. 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2019 at 11:47am
I'm not a great fan of Tipuric especially in tight physical games, but if there's one of his assets that could be very useful here it's his pace, and if he can shoot off the back of England scrums and hit Farrell hard then that might make his and England's task a lot harder. 

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2019 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Yes that makes me feel great Ffidel Wink. We certainly have far more room for improvement than they do thats for sure. Get our basics right and find a momentum changer early doors - Cawdor intercept, Moriarty hit on Farrell, back 3 drop ball giving us good scrum position. If we aren't giving them points & making them work hard we will grow into the game. 
and don't give the ball to foxy to kick in the dying seconds
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2019 at 4:18pm
Biggar off injured playing for Saints against Sale! Patchell to be pulled from the Benneton match?
Joshua24:15
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2019 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

Biggar off injured playing for Saints against Sale! Patchell to be pulled from the Benneton match?

Hope not ! Who have we got as travelling reserve ? Patchell needs game time, whether he's facing England or not.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2019 at 7:17pm
There is such a man ........the prodigal son himself , master priestland
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2019 at 10:02pm
Biggar was taken off as a precaution today.

Edited by LLANDRE - 16 February 2019 at 10:03pm
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2019 at 3:03pm
ENGLAND

Oh, Maro Ioje has been ruled out of the Wales game.

Chris Ashton is also out, so sadly we won't be treated to one of his tremendous splashdowns in Cardiff. Cry

Ellis 'Baby Rhino' Genge has replaced Mako Vunipola in the England squad.

Some crumbs of comfort. Wink
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 11:25am
England make two changes: Moon at loosehead and Nowell on the wing.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 11:37am
I don't quite understand the clamour for Williams & Anscombe at 9/10. Neither sets of half backs have covered themselves in glory in the first two matches so what exactly Cawdor has done wrong is a mystery to me. 

I have never been a big fan of Biggar but I am less a fan of Anscombes. This game will, at best for us, turn into a cagey affair provided we start well and don't allow them to blow us away in the first 20 minutes. Biggar is the man to play the percentages with his ability in the air and defensive nous at 10. Howley/Gatland have totally abandoned their stated desire to play a fast open offloading game so why not pick the conservative 10. Muddled thinking & selection usually ends in tears - ask Wayne. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2019 at 12:07pm

Wales: Liam Williams; George North, Jonathan Davies, Hadleigh Parkes, Josh Adams; Gareth Anscombe, Gareth Davies; Rob Evans, Ken Owens, Tomas Francis, Cory Hill, Alun Wyn Jones (C), Josh Navidi, Justin Tipuric, Ross Moriarty.

Reps: Elliot Dee, Nicky Smith, Dillon Lewis, Adam Beard, Aaron Wainwright, Aled Davies, Dan Biggar, Owen Watkin.

Glad to see that Gatland has not been carried away with the Cardiff press over Tomas Williams. Bench is interesting with Smith, Lewis, Beard & Wainwright very capable of making impacts. I would have gone with Watkin at 12. Wonder if we will see Wyn, Ryan & Samson released!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic