FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blade Thompson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2019 at 2:28am
Last played November 2 I think it was, so in to his 4th month on the sidelines.

I'm no expert but I figure that any of these sorts of issues pre about 2015 were simply either not recorded well or at all, were not treated in the manner of today, or indeed players could fudge what tests there were and return to play early.

Blade talks about that back in 2015 as he was out for 6 weeks when playing for the Hurricanes.

I really feel for both Blade and Halfpenny. The symptoms are irregular, sometimes shallow, sometimes severe, and no 2 cases are the same as a result.

I'm really not sure where the game is going around this issue...right now it's all about cure, not much on prevention.

Concussion is not about rehab, or even rest. There's no plan or recipe to get back playing.
Medical staff are taking no chances (rightly) these days...a returning player says he has a headache or sore eyes or some nausea then his return to play protocols are dialed back to zero.

All very worrying.
Sponsored Links

jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2019 at 4:06pm
Hell of a long time out, talk about bad luck for the player and the region.
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
swissscarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2019 at 2:56pm
Press conference this week said that Blade was still unavailable
west is best.
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2019 at 2:46pm
Apologies if this has been covered but what's the latest with him?

Seems to have been out forever.

On a separate note, things aren't really happening for Cassiem at the moment. Real shame.
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic