Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blade Thompson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2019 at 2:32pm
Think they've had enough of a rest and looking after personally. The Champions cup playoff game will be massive for us as a club I feel, think it will be the deciding factor on a lot of people renewing their season ticket also.
Sponsored Links

diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2019 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

Think they've had enough of a rest and looking after personally. The Champions cup playoff game will be massive for us as a club I feel, think it will be the deciding factor on a lot of people renewing their season ticket also.

Completely agree, the Champions Cup play off is a more important game to win than last years champions cup semi. We go fully loaded, nobody gets a 'rest'. I'm pretty sure our doctors have aired on the side of caution with Blade and Halfers before him. We are also in desperate need of that point of difference a Blade or a Shingler brings.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2019 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I've read this morning on another forum that Blade may be in contention to return this weekend.

That would be pretty freaking amazing!!

Mixed emotions on this, nothing to do with rugby. Is he better off just missing between 1 and 4 games and starting again next season?

That’s what I thought. Same if Shingler comes back. They haven’t played a game for months.

Shingler is different from Blade. He doesn't have a head injury so can be tried out. Not sure he would be at game pace though. No better team than the Dragons to see where he is at. Also, I want him to get to a RWC - at 31, this is his last chance. Scarlets' and Wales' lineouts have suffered because of his absence.
Scarlets before Wales
Havard Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Havard Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2019 at 3:28pm
Rugby journalist, Paul Williams, tweeted yesterday that both Shingler and Blade are fit for Saturday and suggested both will be involved. Mixed feelings really. Want them firing on all cylinders next season, however we really need to qualify for the Heineken cup.
My back row would be Shingler, Cassiem and Mcleoud and play Blade in the row with Cummins. Boyd and Rawlings in the bench.

Edited by Havard Fan - 24 April 2019 at 3:29pm
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2019 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Havard Fan Havard Fan wrote:

Rugby journalist, Paul Williams, tweeted yesterday that both Shingler and Blade are fit for Saturday and suggested both will be involved. Mixed feelings really. Want them firing on all cylinders next season, however we really need to qualify for the Heineken cup.
My back row would be Shingler, Cassiem and Mcleoud and play Blade in the row with Cummins. Boyd and Rawlings in the bench.

Pretty much what I would go for. I imagine Aaron & Blade will be raring to go.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2019 at 3:49pm

That leaves us with 2 backs on the bench ?
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2019 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

There's a full stop between Cummins & Boyde. Wink
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2019 at 4:09pm
Is Ball out for the season?
Scarlets before Wales
Havard Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Havard Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2019 at 4:09pm

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

There's a full stop between Cummins & Boyde. Wink

Thanks Fscarlet

Rawlings covers lock and Boyd back row. Allows 3 backs reps then
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2019 at 4:11pm

No he's targeting being back for the play-off
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2019 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

No he's targeting being back for the play-off

playoffBig smile
Scarlets before Wales
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2019 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

i don't think there's much need to rush blade and shingle back for last game of the season.

give them the summer off now in readiness for pre season. my opinion anyway.
Apart from the fact they'd give the Scarlets a better chance of qualifying for the Champions Cup...
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2019 at 5:27pm
My team if Shingler and Blade are fit
15- Leigh Halfpenny 
14- Johnny McNicholl 
13- Jonathan Davies 
12- Hadleigh Parkes 
11- Steff Evans 
10- Rhys Patchell 
9- Gareth Davies
8- Josh McCloud 
7- James Davies
6- Aaron Shingler / Blade Thomson
5- Steve Cummins
4- Blade Thomson / Josh Helps
3- Samson Lee
2- Ken Owens
1- Wyn Jones

Replacements
16- Marc Jones 
17- Phil Price
18- Werner Kruger
19- Blade Thomson / Ed Kennedy
20- Blade Thomson / Aaron Shingler / Uzair Cassiem / Will Boyde
21- Kieran Hardy
22- Dan Jones
23- Paul Asquith
eds
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2019 at 7:08pm
If you were the player and you felt well, and playing at the end of this season would increase your chances of playing in a world cup, what would you do?

As far as Saturday is concerned, we have really looked after our head injured players this year and I'm sure that Blade would be fit to play if he turns out for us this Saturday. It would be great if he played, he is class.

The issue of concussion in general is a huge concern. The hits are bigger, the players are bigger and more powerful. If you choose a professional rugby career then I guess that's the risk you take. The 1/2p injury though shows that refs could do better to protect players, and correct punishment 'might' reduce some reckless tackles.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2019 at 7:17pm
It would be great to see Blade on the pitch again, especially in the principality stadium, however I have some reservations about it. I can see that he’s probably desperate to get some game time to prove his fitness to the Scottish selectors ahead of their warmup games and World Cup.
From a selfish point of view I would like to see him have a good rest and a full pre-season with the Scarlets and the new coaching setup. I don’t want to risk him for the sake of a regional match against a team we should be ok against.
Same goes for Shingler.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2019 at 7:28pm
Didn't think cubby was fit
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic