Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Six Nations 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland V Wales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scotland V Wales
    Posted: 07 March 2019 at 1:42pm
Having seen both teams I have to say that we have a great chance to win on Saturday providing of course our team are fully focused. The Scottish front 5 strengthened by the return of Nel are still pretty lightweight & I would imagine we would fancy our chances of bossing it there - their back row shorn of Barclay, Watson ( bench) & Wilson will have a hell of a job on their hands. Parkes & Foxy against Horne & Griggs has all the makings of an unfair contest. I see only one winner if Gatland & AWJ can get the boys in the right frame of mind. 
Sponsored Links

PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2019 at 4:56pm
If we can replicate something close to that second half performance against England, we should win by 10+.

Big games needed from the likes of AWJ, Tipuric and Foxy to keep the team ticking and focused, in what will have been a tumultuous week.
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 10:03pm
With everything that's gone on this week I fully expect Wales to put 50 points on them 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 1:21am
Where’s good in Edinburgh for post-match atmosphere and singing?
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
joni_bach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 10:59am
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Where’s good in Edinburgh for post-match atmosphere and singing?

In Murrayfield you've got Murrayfield Bar and Roseburn Bar on the main road but they'll get full quickly. If you head towards the Haymarket area, or in the general direction of the city centre, there are plenty of pubs along the way full of rugby fans and showing the other game live on screens. 

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 11:21am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Having seen both teams I have to say that we have a great chance to win on Saturday providing of course our team are fully focused. The Scottish front 5 strengthened by the return of Nel are still pretty lightweight & I would imagine we would fancy our chances of bossing it there - their back row shorn of Barclay, Watson ( bench) & Wilson will have a hell of a job on their hands. Parkes & Foxy against Horne & Griggs has all the makings of an unfair contest. I see only one winner if Gatland & AWJ can get the boys in the right frame of mind. 
I was confident we would beat England but i'm worried about this on,they were well on top of us in Cardiff last year til Cawdor intercepted.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 3:10pm
controlled first half from wales..nothing flash but patient solid...bit of bish bash bosh...calm unhurried...cawdor made early error but has recovered well...moriarty having a stormer....kenis everywhere...lineout still needs tightening up..anscombe apart from the missed kicks has been very good ...north very solid...parkes is also very solid...great finish by adams..foxy involved a lot nice try again....we seem to have started to overpower them after about 20 mins...missed  afew chances late on and missed 2 easy kicks at goal...scots had some territory we also gave away a few silly penalties....this is far  from over though as its just 9 points....so theyre just 2 scores away...need to finish this off 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 4:08pm
Made hard work of that. Relatively poor games from the half backs(all of ours), Moriarty, Owens.
Mysterious ref performance - offsides? Nevertheless, good enough first half to win and move on. Have to be at least 50% better against Ireland.

Oh, well deserved MoM for Hadleigh. Excellent from him and Foxy today.

Edited by gaffer - 09 March 2019 at 4:11pm
What's going on?
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 4:25pm
Hard win, great defence with an immense performance for Parkes and Foxy
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 4:29pm
Phew that second half was hard work...scots pushed us all the way...why did we fall off so much? The sanjay injury seemed to knock us....any news on the mighty mans injury? aled looked mediocre, where was tomos? elsewhere anscombe did ok but missed kicks were poor...we were a bit lucky the jocks made a few unforced errors. i thought hastings and others added a lot. we were also a bit lucky not to get carded for all those penalties second half.

Did the regional fiasco affect the players a bit? Yes definitely. all the meetings the stress, the concerns over their wages their contracts their futures etc as gats said all the texting and calls and meetings did affect the players and eat up a lot of time and energy...that was madness this week. cannot happen again. Just a week till grand slam match. We will all be sweating on injuries this week.

Edited by roy munster - 09 March 2019 at 4:38pm
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 5:42pm
A good first half but a poor second (apart from defence, most of the time).

Anscombe should have nailed that sitter just before half time - when you have your foot on the throat, you have to keep it there. Scotland much better after half time, and too many errors by Wales (penalties, poor kicks by Biggar and Aled, lineout misses). 

Ah, well - a win is a win - we'll need to be a lot better v Ireland, though they don't seem to be at their best yet this 6N. 
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 5:58pm
Interestingly England hammering of Italy may help us...because it now means ireland need a bonus point win tomorrow to have a shot at the title...IF ireland dont get a bonus point and England beat Scotland  then ireland cant win the 6 nations, even if they beat Wales. This is how the table will probably look at the end of tomorrow. Ireland may be a bit deflated with the fact theyre behind England and will expect England to beat the scots, so ends Irish dreams. They will want to win but will they really be willing to die out there to beat Wales and hand the title to England lol?

TeamBP
1wales4400895831016
2England4301894940315
3Ireland430168617113

Edited by roy munster - 09 March 2019 at 5:58pm
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 6:37pm
We seem to be winning ugly, which I'll take. First half was good but second was us reverting to simply defending - I think we should have put a team that made as many errors as Scotland did to bed, no offence to them. Rocks in defence yes, not really much going on in attack. It's quite an unflashy side but is enough to beat these teams so far: France chucked the game away, Italy and Scotland have high error counts, England had that 15 min period of poor discipline that lost them momentum plus played stupid tactics. Wales aren't making those mistakes.

Gawd why do I say these things? Now I've jinxed it. You'd think Ireland would present a much bigger challenge but I am backing our defence plus we're seeing evidence we can score the tries when needed.

Word for Tom Francis who I think has had a great tournament - loved his break today! Hope Liam isn't out as the guy is one of our main threats along with Adams, who was also class. Think all the pack had a strong game again plus backs in defence were sound, centres especially. Halfbacks were a bit off and there was a definite loss of direction in the second half where you're looking to them to interrupt the Scots' momentum and rhythm and get the game tight again when it became loose. Overall a very ugly second half but a win's a win and this is very appropriate in Gatland's final season.

On to Cardiff and Ireland.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 6:58pm
why do we keep kicking possession away?the one time we needed a kick infield aled went out on the full.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 7:17pm
aled needs to improve a lot, where was tomos?
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 7:57am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

why do we keep kicking possession away?the one time we needed a kick infield aled went out on the full.

I'm sure that was a technical error - he didn't mean to kick it out - it was poor, though. Cawdor kept his kicks infield all day - mainly, too long to put pressure on the catcher, but maybe that's the instructions - kick long, come up in a line, keep Scotland back. We didn't seem to manage to keep them back in the second half, though, which is a bit worrying.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic