Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mooar than happy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mark in sydney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mooar than happy
    Posted: 09 March 2019 at 6:22am
After all the cachu flying around this last week, good to see a few glimpses of our new coach during the Crusaders v Chiefs match...

Looking happy and smiling as the 'Saders ...missing a load of players ...put a poorly performing Chiefs to the sword ...57 to 28 with the Chiefs scoring twice last 15 mins when the Saders  took the foot off the neck of the Chiefs 

cant translate these coaching performances  across teams as Todd Blackadder has shown at Bath but he has a good appreciation of some NZ talent to fill some spots to strengthen our squad 

Looks like Gatland has a chance to coach his old province next year if the Chiefs keep playing the way they are Wink
I was there ...one Tuesday when the All Blacks came (and lost)
Sponsored Links

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 9:58am

I watched Crusaders this morning a fantastic rugby team to watch and superbly coached .
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 10:04am
I would love to know what Brad really thinks about the events of this week. Try as I may I really cannot see anything positive from his perspective. 
mark in sydney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark in sydney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 10:49am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I would love to know what Brad really thinks about the events of this week. Try as I may I really cannot see anything positive from his perspective. 

Would hope the board or a nominated director will be on the phone / email updating him and providing assurance to him 

Nobby …...any insight Wink
I was there ...one Tuesday when the All Blacks came (and lost)
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 11:30am

Plenty to be positive about for him
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 11:45am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Tease! Wink Clap
Joshua24:15
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 12:03pm

the weather Cry
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 12:19pm

I admire your optimism but I think you overstate the case. In the event of a merger/takeover who is to say that his position was secure? He is coming to a pro 14 tournament where it is clear for everyone to see that Welsh regional rugby is dead in the water. Furthermore his controlling Union allow the National team's Grand Slam preparations to be totally hamstrung by allowing the whole sorry mess to be played out in public. If his confidence/faith in his initial decision hasn't taken a hit he is a better man than I. 
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 1:36pm

I admire your optimism but I think you overstate the case. In the event of a merger/takeover who is to say that his position was secure? He is coming to a pro 14 tournament where it is clear for everyone to see that Welsh regional rugby is dead in the water. Furthermore his controlling Union allow the National team's Grand Slam preparations to be totally hamstrung by allowing the whole sorry mess to be played out in public. If his confidence/faith in his initial decision hasn't taken a hit he is a better man than I. 

My thoughts exactly...I'd like to hear what these positives are!

Edited by N14 - 09 March 2019 at 1:36pm
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 2:06pm
Plenty to be positive, as it stands now its as you were so that's what he signed up for.

If the "merger" happened our board made it quite clear who was in full control of the situation, he was to be retained as Head coach plus absorb the os coaching staff and players... Don't think he'd have been too unhappy about that.

Even though we've been assured that the Scarlets would have been OK either way the doom mongers just can't let go.

Let's see how many of you will be at pys for the rest of the season?
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 2:18pm

What is your name Doom and Gloom ? all this weeks nonsense will make us even stronger !
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by N14 N14 wrote:

My thoughts exactly...I'd like to hear what these positives are!

Give it a few weeks
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 12:57am
From what I’ve read, we will have some great announcements coming up on retention and signings post 6N.

But an inbound employee at the elite level of Wesh rugby, surely cannot but think what on earth this last couple of weeks have been all about, and seek some pretty serious clarification. That’s just common sense.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 9:41am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

What is your name Doom and Gloom ? all this weeks nonsense will make us even stronger !

No I call it common sense. If anyone on this forum believes that the events of the past week have made regional rugby in general or the Scarlets specifically stronger then I need to have some of what you are drinking.

We cannot divorce what is happening at the Ospreys from regional rugby in general. As Wil has so eloquently pointed out there but for the grace of benefactors go us. Until the WRU resolve the finances issue regional rugby sits on a ticking time bomb. I for one believe that recruitment, if not retention, will be severely affected by these events. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

From what I’ve read, we will have some great announcements coming up on retention and signings post 6N.

But an inbound employee at the elite level of Wesh rugby, surely cannot but think what on earth this last couple of weeks have been all about, and seek some pretty serious clarification. That’s just common sense.

I really hope you are right Wil because I could do with some good news at the moment. 
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2019 at 12:12pm
Feed me till I want more Moar !!
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic