Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Six Nations 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland v Wales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scotland v Wales
    Posted: 10 March 2019 at 10:41am
Well that was really hard work. All credit to the lads for sticking in there and grinding it out. Too many penalties, a poor lineout ( again) & poor decisions leading to turnovers took away all our 2nd half momentum. I have to say at 65 minutes I could only see a Scottish win!!!!

Hadleigh, who I have been critical of this season, had a fine game and looked back to near his best. His running angles were great and defensively he was a rock. 

Now we move on to a Grand Slam game. Apparently Liam's injury is not as bad as it looked so they expect him to start so an unchanged 23 I would see. Get that lineout right and find that 2nd half against England intensity & accuracy & we could just do it. Ymlaen bois bach!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 11:01am
it's really strange the line out situation as the scarlets are suffering as well I think we lost 5/6 last Saturday night.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 11:02am
If Liam doesn’t make it then unfortunately for us Halfpenny has to come in at 15. Anscombe was awful during his cameo yesterday afternoon. His positioning left a lot to be desired and Ireland would just bombard him with huge bombs to defuse, something I’ve yet to see him do. If Liam or Leigh start at 15 then I don’t believe Ireland will play a kick chase game as much as if Anscombe starts at 15.
We (Wales) are in a very good position at present,we are unbeaten in 13 games, and in the past 4 games haven’t put in a really comprehensive performance. The good thing is that it’s a World Cup year and we are wining games whilst only playing for 40 minutes or so.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 1:08pm
Even if Liam fit I would drop George. His tacking is like a nervous 12 year old just staring game. If somebody runs straight at him he goes too high. Yesterday he gave a pen away because of it and was run through on a number of occasions.
With Halfpennys positional work and Liam’s tackling would be harder for Ireland to break us down our wide where they are very strong.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Even if Liam fit I would drop George. His tacking is like a nervous 12 year old just staring game. If somebody runs straight at him he goes too high. Yesterday he gave a pen away because of it and was run through on a number of occasions.
With Halfpennys positional work and Liam’s tackling would be harder for Ireland to break us down our wide where they are very strong.
that is never going to happen
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 1:30pm

Theyre Strong in the air, though that didnt pan out against the saes... Earls is all round good player, better at centre perhaps, but I dont think earls is as good a winger as north. Kearney is strong but past his prime form , according to gats the mighty sanjay only has a stinger and should be ok, fingers and toes crossed for him the man is world class and Id take our centres over theirs too....adams is in great form and Id like to see him test stockdales defence.
Half backs youd have to say they have the edge, but cawdors game management has improved hugely and I suspect hes due a line break or too....sexton is the dangerman and we must ensure he doesnt get an armchair ride from the pack and cawdor, tipuric and co harry him across every blade of the principality pitch

Then to the forwards... 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

that is never going to happen

I realise that but watch George’s tackling technique yesterday it was poor. The advantage that Halfpenny has is the kicking had Anacombe kicked his kicks yesterday 2nd half different prospect.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 1:42pm
halfpenny has to be in serious contention hes looked very good in his comeback games....big ask to chuck him back in though. 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Theyre Strong in the air, though that didnt pan out against the saes... Earls is all round good player, better at centre perhaps, but I dont think earls is as good a winger as north. Kearney is strong but past his prime form , according to gats the mighty sanjay only has a stinger and should be ok, fingers and toes crossed for him the man is world class and Id take our centres over theirs too....adams is in great form and Id like to see him test stockdales defence.
Half backs youd have to say they have the edge, but cawdors game management has improved hugely and I suspect hes due a line break or too....sexton is the dangerman and we must ensure he doesnt get an armchair ride from the pack and cawdor, tipuric and co harry him across every blade of the principality pitch

Then to the forwards... 

I'm not so sure about the halfbacks - Sexton is carrying an injury - he hasn't even been taking the place kicks - and both he and Murray appear a little punch-drunk - understandably. If both were 100% fit and firing, then they are as good as any half pack pairing in the world - but we haven't seen that yet this 6N. Let's hope we don't see it on Saturday, either!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

halfpenny has to be in serious contention hes looked very good in his comeback games....big ask to chuck him back in though. 
he was travelling sub yesterday so they must think he is ready
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 3:51pm
Watching the irish game, hope we never have this ref. Missing everythi g ireland do illeagle and catching france with pettyness. BTW what is the kaw regarding tzking out the tackler before the tackle is complete?
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Watching the irish game, hope we never have this ref. Missing everythi g ireland do illeagle and catching france with pettyness. BTW what is the kaw regarding tzking out the tackler before the tackle is complete?

Too late I'm afraid. We've had him. The man in question is Ben O'Keefe. He's the one who  thought that the late shoulder charge to Halfpenny's head against Australia was ok !
joni_bach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 4:26pm

Turns out you can jackal whilst on your knees and win the penalty.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 4:33pm

You're allowed to do it, and get away with it, but only if you're Irish.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 4:38pm

Just checked and he's an AR next week in our match against Ireland. Judging by this performance today, we should be ok as he's giving the away side nothing. Mind you, he's got an Irish sounding surname !!!!!
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Just checked and he's an AR next week in our match against Ireland. Judging by this performance today, we should be ok as he's giving the away side nothing. Mind you, he's got an Irish sounding surname !!!!!
Who’s the ref?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic