Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foxy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foxy
    Posted: 10 March 2019 at 5:02pm
Wales Online reporting that Foxy has been lined up by Leicester Tigers should Manu Tuilagi leave the Tigers this summer. 

We need to keep hold of Foxy! Simple! 

All this Project Reset business has affected our ability to sign and retain players! 

What a shambles this PRB has been!
eds
Sponsored Links

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 5:12pm
It’s got a lot to do with Project Reset, the instability it has caused to us and the Ospreys (who haven’t been able to sign new players or negotiate new contracts with existing players) is now becoming obvious for all to see. It’s really annoying when the Blues and Dragons seem to be able quote players whilst we haven’t been able to do so.
I can see a lot of players leaving the Os and us if the WRU insists on introducing salary caps as well. Why would you want to stay in Wales and be dictated to about how much you’re worth to the WRU, as opposed to how much you’re worth to your region.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 5:46pm
He's nearly 31, got plenty of caps and English Rugby will offer him a fortune for his final big contract. 
Can't blame him really.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

He's nearly 31, got plenty of caps and English Rugby will offer him a fortune for his final big contract. 
Can't blame him really.

Leaving us twice? It would be a shame. To some fans it would spoil his legacy.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 6:24pm
hope he stays he is our talisman, I suspect he still has a burning ambition to see win more silverware with scarlets and that includes the european cup. Weve been phenomenally unlucky with injuries this season. Yes the squad needs bolstering, especially number 8 and lock...and a few threequarters...But its a quality squad and with some top quality additions and luck with injuries, it still has potential imo to repeat or even better the glory of the previous 2 seasons...But alas if he goes he would go with my best wishes. 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 6:34pm
I've been waiting for a story such as this after the events of the week. And they were going to involve a centre or loose head prop in the first instance. Had there not been a volte face by the Os board, we would have had the four Welsh squad centres and the three squad loose heads. An alert club like Leicester would have caught onto this and phoned an agent or two and then the story leaked. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 6:40pm
Our takeover of the Ospreys would have secured a lot of players.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Our takeover of the Ospreys would have secured a lot of players.

and lost an entire squad too
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 7:00pm
Shame, I, like everyone else want him to stay. But it’s time for the next generation of young scarlets to step up and make themselves a household name, Asquith has shown all the promise of a quality player. Lets hope the game time he gets will really push Hadleigh and Foxy for the rest of the season.
A real failure if this is the fallout from project reset. Wales not keeping their best back in wales is project abandon ship.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 7:12pm
Great shame but then if it means we free up money for a quality second row and or 8 then that will do me. Jon will possibly want a final couple of years post World Cup and the English Premiership will mean big wages and no long moves from his Cardiff home . It’s his decision of course and his career.

Edited by reesytheexile - 10 March 2019 at 7:13pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Shame, I, like everyone else want him to stay. But it’s time for the next generation of young scarlets to step up and make themselves a household name, Asquith has shown all the promise of a quality player. Lets hope the game time he gets will really push Hadleigh and Foxy for the rest of the season.
A real failure if this is the fallout from project reset. Wales not keeping their best back in wales is project abandon ship.

Im not going to to feed this thread again....Lets try and have a week of calm in the run up to grand slam weekend. Im sure there will be plenty of time for claims, counter claims and endless speculation after that lol Gats said last weeks preparation was disrupted monday and tuesday, thats a real shame and we must not allow that to happen again.

Lest we forget the grand slam brings with it glory and memories for a lifetime. But in pragmatic terms, it also brings prize money, I read the grand slam brings £5.5 million prize money for starters.... There will no doubt be many other financial fringe benefits....The welsh pre-world cup friendlies will get bigger crowds, the team may get a bigger following in Japan, the welsh jersey and sponsorship becomes more marketable as does the stadium advertising. Hopefully the regions get a bit of the feel good factor too and see a few extra people coming to see the 6 nations heroes at their regions. Anyways I digress. Lets be in the here and now and lets hope the welsh team get a peaceful week to prepare thoroughly for a momentous occasion...
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

Can't blame him really.

FWIW I don’t see it happening, he’ll see out his contract IMO
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 8:21pm

Can't blame him really.

which ends this summer does it not?
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Can't blame him really.

Signed a new contract in Feb 18, which I assume covers at least 18/19 and 19/20. 
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2019 at 10:27am
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Can't blame him really.

contract will be up 2020.
So I can’t see this happening. Or they will be buying him.

I would like to see him end a his phenomenal career in scarlet.
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2019 at 10:41am
Pretty sure it's up this year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic