Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foxy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2019 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Out of contract, welsh rugby turmoil, 60+ caps, 31 next monmth and someone comes in with a 3 year deal on much higher than anyone in Wales could ever pay.

I've seen worse journalism to be honest.

The article reads that they were considering approaching him rather than having made an offer though, I'm considering asking the Mrs is she's OK with me asking the pussycat dolls around for bwyd, not sure it'll happen.

Edited by Gate12 - 11 March 2019 at 5:53pm
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2019 at 5:27pm
Around for what ?
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2019 at 5:35pm
It a hard to Say, but I don look so horrible if he leaves for a big contract in England...at least with big probabilty he will be to the RWC, so he will come back with us in the 2020, phisical and mental tired and surely only him cant save a bad season...
Scarlets save money for some contracts and surely will be announced soon, of course the first Scott return.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2019 at 5:35pm
Not saying in public Mr Cen, I'll get into trouble.

Edited by Gate12 - 11 March 2019 at 5:36pm
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2019 at 5:38pm
if we have any pretentions of showing that the last 2 seasons weren't flukes then we have to quash these rumours straight away,personaly my respect for him went out of the window when he was made captain  and he announced in November he was leaving with words along the lines of "someone that matches my ambitions" if he goes he goes.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2019 at 6:23pm
I'm not suggesting that I think Foxy will leave here by the way.

SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2019 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

if we have any pretentions of showing that the last 2 seasons weren't flukes then we have to quash these rumours straight away,personaly my respect for him went out of the window when he was made captain  and he announced in November he was leaving with words along the lines of "someone that matches my ambitions" if he goes he goes.
Same lack of respect for SQ, Regan King, Steve-O, I presume?
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2019 at 4:58am
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Same lack of respect for SQ, Regan King, Steve-O, I presume?
not really,i was gutted they left at the time but foxy was made captain for the season we desperately needed someone like him to stick around and 8 weeks later he said he was leaving,this forum is all about opinions and that's mine.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2019 at 9:00am
I think that was a sticking plaster job attempt to tell Jon we wanted him to stay ( it was joint captain wasn’t it?) which was too late in the day for his French move and should not have been attempted. I suspect he regrets those words which seemed a bit disrespectful and gratuitous. I don’t want him to leave but he hasn’t played in the English Premiership where Rhys Priestland seems as happy as Larry and I cannot blame him if leaves post World Cup and on large salary deal. It’s a professional career now.

Edited by reesytheexile - 12 March 2019 at 9:04am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2019 at 9:34am
With the shambles that is currently Welsh regional rugby how on earth can any genuine fan even contemplate criticising any player for considering moving away is totally beyond me. These lads show their commitment to the shirt/club with performances like Munster at home and then they stand to get reductions in salary/no contract renewals/late renewals. 

I would not blame any player for taking the offer of a decent contract outside Wales. Indeed if I was Josh Adams I would seriously consider my next move. A very good offer from a top English club would be far more attractive than one from the Blues which is probably not worth the paper its written on. Before someone points out that he would be sacrificing his Wales career - so what I say. The 60 cap rule will be lucky to survive beyond the World Cup. 
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2019 at 10:24am
There's a solidarity about this current group of Welsh internationals as displayed last week. It's no surprise to hear there's an attitude of  'if we all go, what can they do?' in relation to the 60 cap rule.  
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2019 at 10:28am
Originally posted by solva solva wrote:

There's a solidarity about this current group of Welsh internationals as displayed last week. It's no surprise to hear there's an attitude of  'if we all go, what can they do?' in relation to the 60 cap rule.  

Indeed - why should anyone criticise a player for wanting to join a well funded club who are intent on challenging for top honours. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2019 at 10:38am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Indeed - why should anyone criticise a player for wanting to join a well funded club who are intent on challenging for top honours. 
do you honestly believe foxy is on a pittance with us?do you think he would still be picking up his wales wages if he were being hammered into the ground by the French or English moneymasters?ask rhys webb if the grass is greener where he is where he is skyping his kids,sometimes some of these players need to look at how they are cared for in wales which will invariably prolong their pro career.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2019 at 10:43am

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

do you honestly believe foxy is on a pittance with us?do you think he would still be picking up his wales wages if he were being hammered into the ground by the French or English moneymasters?ask rhys webb if the grass is greener where he is where he is skyping his kids,sometimes some of these players need to look at how they are cared for in wales which will invariably prolong their pro career.
Yes that's a key point and the main reason AWJ and Warburton never left Wales
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2019 at 10:44am

I don't think there is that attitude though
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2019 at 11:49am
I'm surprised that there isnt more rumors of clubs after him as he is one of the best in his position. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic